Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

BUTTERNUT SQUASH CURRY WITH CHICKPEAS - Serves 4

Approx. 4 Syns per serving. Great for when you have Syns to spare! :)

2 onions, finely chopped
2 level tbsp. Tesco Yellow Thai curry paste (or more) - 2 Syns
2 tsp. lemon grass
1 BNS, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
250ml vegetable stock
400ml Blue Dragon light coconut milk - 14.5 Syns
400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 lime
4 tsp. dried coriander

Spray a non-stick pan with Frylight. Add the onions and cook gently until soft.
Add the curry paste and lemon grass. Stir together for a couple of minutes.
Add the BNS and stir to coat with the paste.
Pour in the stock and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and add the chickpeas. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the squash is tender.
Stir in the lime juice and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.

Great served with rice and lovely with a garnish of courgette ribbons (thanks to Sparty for that idea!).

BAKED SALMON WITH VEGETABLES AND HERBS - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving

1 clove of garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. olive oil - 12 Syns
4 x 200g salmon fillets
200g baby new potatoes, quartered and boiled
100g carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
100g baby leeks, thinly chopped
50g sugar snap peas, topped and tailed
1 tsp. Mediterranean mixed herbs
2 tsp. dried basil

Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
In a bowl, mix together the mixed herbs, basil, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Season with salt.
Place each salmon fillet on a large square of baking parchment and spoon the vegetables over the salmon.
Pour the herb mixture over the salmon and veg and close the parcels carefully, making sure they are well sealed.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. The salmon is cooked when the thickest part flakes easily.
Serve the unopened parcels on warmed dinner plates, to be opened at the table.

Lovely with a side of mange tout and baby sweetcorn.

I have tried this using Frylight, instead of olive oil but the recipe really does need the oil and 3 Syns isn't too bad! :S

SPICY TOMATO AND VEGETABLE SPAGHETTI - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving

300g spaghetti
2 level tbsp. chilli pesto - Sacla = 5 Syns
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
300g button mushrooms, sliced
50g sun-dried tomatoes, no oil - 2 Syns
Half a small green cabbage, finely shredded
50 ml white wine - 2 Syns

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan.
Add the chilli pesto and toss together. Cover the pan to keep the pasta warm.
Spray a medium sized frying pan well with Frylight and cook the onion until soft.
Add the garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to soften.
Add the shredded cabbage and the wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is wilting.
Add the veg to the pasta in the pan, toss lightly and season with black pepper.

PORK AND BEAN NACHO SALAD - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving, if using the cheese as part HEX's

1 red onion, finely chopped
2 red peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
400g pork tenderloin, cut into small chunks
400g tin mixed beans in chilli sauce
150g mixed salad leaves
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
50g tortilla chips, lightly crushed - 12 Syns
50g cheese, grated

Spray a large non-stick frying pan with Frylight and heat over a medium heat.
Fry the onion and peppers until softened.
Add the pork and fry until cooked through (6-8 mins).
Add the beans and their juices. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
Divide the salad leaves and tomatoes between 4 plates.
Serve topped with the pork mixture, crushed tortilla and grated cheese.

Last edited:
SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA - Serves 4

Syn Free

8 Syn Free SW sausages
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp. ground turmeric
Chilli powder to taste - I use half tsp. medium but I'm a spice wimp!
200g wholegrain rice
450ml veg/chicken stock
400g chopped tomatoes
1 small courgette, thinly sliced
150g mushrooms, thinly sliced

Spray a non-stick frying pan (lidded) with Frylight and cook the sausages until brown on all sides.
Add the onion, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder and rice and stir for about 30 seconds.
Pour in the stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
Reduce to a simmer, put the lid on and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Keep a close eye on it, especially during the last 5 minutes, stirring to make sure the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
After the 20 minutes, remove the sausages and chop them into four pieces each, before returning to the pan.
Add the courgette and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes, uncovered. Stir frequently.
After the 10 minutes, or once the liquid is absorbed, check the sausages are completely cooked through and serve.

Last edited:
This thread is fantastic!! I recently had a break from SW and have just climbed back on the wagon, and this thread has reminded me exactly why i loved SW - the amazing variety of great tasting food that you can have, and you can still lose weigh!!!Thank you so much for sharing.... i will hopefully start adding some too soon in case it helps anyone else!!

CHICKEN PASTA - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 skinless chicken breasts
3 peppers, deseeded and chopped
6 tomatoes
2 red onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 carton of passata
Handful of capers
400g wholewheat dried pasta
Chilli flakes, to taste
Fresh basil, finely chopped

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Place the chicken breasts in the centre of a square of foil and spray with Frylight. Wrap loosely and place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes.
Chop the tomatoes and place in an ovenproof dish, along with the peppers, garlic and onion.
Spray with Frylight and sprinkle with salt and lots of black pepper. Put in the oven to roast, along with the chicken, for about 20 minutes.
In a large pan, gently heat the passata and add the capers, basil and chilli flakes.
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
Remove the roasted veg from the oven and tip into the passata. Continue to heat in the pan.
Shred the cooked chicken and stir into the passata sauce.
Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce.

Serve on warmed plates. Gorgeous sprinkled with HEX cheese.

Thank you for the brilliant recipes. I mafe your butternut squash and chick pea Thai curry tonight. yum. I would like to use the sauce with mushrooms but niot sure hich other veg to do them with. :)

After being away for 3 weeks, I've gone through your recipes and my shopping list is complete.. I'd be totally lost without you x

Thank-you so much, Sookie! What a lovely comment! So glad the recipes are helpful for you. Just away for a few days at the moment (Henley on Thames) but will post a few more recipes soon. :)

Kathy x

These recipes look fab got to give them a go, new inspiration, trouble is not really got to grips with this sites must see if I can find my way aound it again ?

Keep the chorizo recipes coming.. Got chorizo tonight with scallops As seen on come dine with me.. Yes I'm actually made to watch that lol.. X

I'm so glad! :) Think it's such an easy recipe too, especially for anyone who's 'scared' of cooking fish! Glad the OH liked it too!

Kathy

I'm so glad! :) Think it's such an easy recipe too, especially for anyone who's 'scared' of cooking fish! Glad the OH liked it too! Kathy

And tonight I have had the GARLIC AND BALSAMIC ROAST LAMB - Amazing as well! The OH said I can keep on this diet if I keep up cooking like this :) x

Definitely one of my favourites, I must admit! :) Glad you both enjoyed it! SW is just so versatile, isn't it?

Kathy

SQUASH AND CHORIZO RISOTTO - Serves 2

Approx. 2.5 Syns per serving

900ml chicken stock
1 small BNS, peeled, deseeded and diced
75g chorizo, diced - approx. 5 Syns
150g risotto rice
50g frozen peas

Put the stock in a pan and bring back to the boil. Add the squash and par-boil for 2-3 minutes.
Lift out the squash with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the stock over a low heat.
Meanwhile, fry the chorizo in another pan over a moderate heat, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the rice and stir for one minute in the chorizo oil. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the BNS and some of the hot stock.
Stir until the stock has been absorbed, then gradually add more stock, stirring until absorbed, repeating until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is just cooked.
Stir in the frozen peas and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in the cooked chorizo and season to taste (careful with the salt).
Divide between two warmed bowls and serve immediately.

Absolutely gorgeous topped with fresh Parmesan shavings (HEX's).

Back