Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

I'm so sitting on a proper computer tomorrow that's linked to a printer and going through all the recipes and printing them off... Normally take screen shots with iPad lol... Put iCloud backup is screaming at me.. No space no space lol x

image-1517401035.jpg

Chicken jalfrazi ..... Yummy x

CHICKEN AND GOATS CHEESE ALFREDO - Serves 2

Syn Free, if using the cheese as HEX's

2 red peppers, deseeded and quartered
1 red onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
150g dried spaghetti
A handful of fresh basil, torn
Tomato puree
2 large eggs
200g 0% FF Greek yoghurt
100ml vegetable stock
60g goat's cheese - 2 x HEX's

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Put the quartered peppers onto a non-stick baking tray, spray with Frylight and bake until slightly charred - 30-40 minutes.
Spray a non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and gently fry the onion and garlic until the onion has softened. I usually start mine off in the microwave, with a splash of water first, to speed things up a bit.
Mix the eggs, yoghurt, vegetable stock and cheese together (reserving 5g to sprinkle over at the end), along with some salt and pepper, and pour over the onions.
Meanwhile, be cooking the pasta according to pack instructions.
Put the sauce and charred peppers into a food processor, along with a handful of freshly torn basil and a good squeeze of tomato puree. Blend until smooth.
Toss this sauce with the cooked, drained pasta. There will be quite a lot of sauce.
Tip into two warmed bowls and top with some more torn basil and the remaining cheese.

This recipe is based on one by Amy Jones.

THREE BEAN PATE - Serves 2, as a dip

2 Syns per serving

400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
400g can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
4 level tbsp. Nando's sun-dried tomato paste/basil peri peri - 4 Syns (others may vary)
1 tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime

Put all ingredients, along with 1-2 tbsp. of water and salt and pepper, to taste, into a food processor or blender and blend well until thoroughly mixed.
Chill until ready to serve. Serve with a variety of crunchy vegetable sticks to dip into it.

MOROCCAN BAKED LAMB - Serves 4

Approx. 0.5 Syn per serving, when not using the olives

240g basmati rice
600g lean, diced lamb (leg is good)
25g harissa paste - 2.5 Syns
1 tsp. ground cumin
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
50g pitted black olives, sliced - optional. 50g pitted black olives = 3 Syns
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Pinch of turmeric or saffron
600ml hot lamb stock

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Mix the lamb pieces with the harissa, cumin and lemon zest and marinate for 10 minutes.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and fry the lamb for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the lemon juice and olives, if using.
Meanwhile, put the rice, chickpeas and turmeric/saffron into a tagine or casserole dish and pour over the hot stock.
Top with the lamb mixture, cover and bake for 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed and the lamb is tender.

MINCE, SPINACH AND FETA CASSEROLE - Serves 2

Syn Free, if using Feta as a part HEX

200g extra lean minced beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
Half bag of spinach (more, if preferred), roughly torn
200g brown rice
1 beef stock cube
50g Feta, crumbled - 45g Feta = 1 x HEX
Half to one tsp. ground nutmeg
Half to one tsp. smoked paprika
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped

Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight and fry the onion and mince until the mince is browned. Drain off any fat.
Pour in 350ml boiling water, along with the crumbled stock cube, rice, half a teaspoon of black pepper, a pinch of salt and the spices. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
When the rice is done, tip in the spinach and stir for a minute or two, until it's wilted.
Stir in the crumbled Feta and serve immediately on warmed plates.

Can serve a little FF Greek yoghurt on the side to add a touch of creaminess.

PEANUT CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE - Serves 12

Approx. 1.5 Syns per serving

4 level tbsp. reduced fat smooth peanut butter - 16 Syns
7 tbsp. reduced salt soy sauce
7 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
1 level tbsp. dark brown soft sugar - 3 Syns
2 tbsp. curry powder - or, to taste
1 tsp. hot sauce, such as Tabasco
6 skinless chicken breast, diced

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot sauce.
Place the chicken pieces in the marinade and refrigerate. Leave overnight.
Pre-heat the grill or BBQ to a high heat.
Thread the chicken onto skewers (pre-soak if using wooden), then cook for 5 minutes per side, until thoroughly cooked through.

Personally, haven't tried this yet but, my friend has and she loves it! She did it for a dinner party, as a starter but has since done it for her family, as a main and served it with just rice and peas. She said it has become a firm favourite of theirs. :)

Hi Kathy, I made the Sweet Chilli Chicken Fried Rice (pg 126) on Tuesday. Delicious.

Thursday I`m gonna have Mushroom Pasta Bake (pg 127) then taking away for Friday evening Creamy bacon, leek & mushroom pasta. (pg 127). I love pasta. Will let you know how nice it is :) xx

Oh, great! Glad you liked it, Doreen. The others you're going to try I've only ever made with the 'extras' added - the spinach, chicken, crispy bacon pieces, etc., so, if you do them without adding anything else, it'll be good to know what you think. Must admit, I love pasta too! :) When you say, taking away for Friday evening, does that mean you're going off on your hols? If so, have a great time! :)

Hope you're feeling a lot happier and more settled now too.

Kathy xx

just had a quick peek all your receipes look amazing, here to subscribe :)

MINTED LAMB KOFTAS - Serves 2-3

Syn Free, if using lean lamb, all visible fat removed and minced by your butcher.

2.5 Syns, for the whole recipe, if using Waitrose Essential British Lamb Mince, Lean, Typically 10% Fat (Sold in 200g packs, chilled).

4.5 Syns, for the whole recipe, if using Tesco Lean Lamb Mince, Less Than 16% Fat (Sold in 400g packs, chilled).

500g extra lean lamb mince
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
2 fat cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. chopped mint

Mix together all the ingredients, including a good pinch of salt, until well blended.
Divide into 8 balls, then roll each ball into an oval shape.
Either, thread onto metal skewers, spray well with Frylight and grill or BBQ, for about 5 minutes on each side. Don't turn until they are well sealed or they will stick to the grill rack.
If you prefer, (and it's easier) you can form them into little burgers instead and either grill or fry them in Frylight.
Make sure they are absolutely cooked through and enjoy, maybe with a Synned pitta bread and salad/Feta cheese salad, spicy couscous or new potatoes with chives and salad.

Variations - Could add chilli (powder of fresh), a touch more cumin, fresh coriander, instead of ground, a touch of ginger, a little Feta crumbled in (Synned or as part of a HEX) and, if not binding together brilliantly, you could add some egg.

What I sometimes do is whizz everything together, apart from the mince, along with a chopped red chilli and some onion and then have them as burgers, with a little lemon juice drizzled over the burgers, just before serving.

Last edited:
1. MINT YOGHURT SAUCE

Syn Free

110g FF yoghurt
Half a cucumber, grated, put into a tea-towel and squeezed to remove liquid
A small bunch of mint, finely chopped
1 lemon, juice and zest

Mix all the ingredients together and chill in the fridge.
Great served as a side for the lamb koftas.

2. Here's a slightly different MINT YOGHURT SAUCE:

300g FF Greek yoghurt
About 20 mint leaves, torn

Just whizz together in a blender and chill.

3. OR, here's another, based on a recipe by Jamie Oliver:

4 sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
1 lemon
4 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped or crushed
200g FF natural yoghurt

Pick the mint leaves off the sprigs and finely chop, discarding the stalks. Put into a mixing bowl.
Finely grate the zest of half the lemon and tip into the bowl.
Cut the lemon in half and squeeze as much juice into the bowl as you like, tasting as you go.
Add the finely chopped, or crushed, garlic to the bowl.
Chill in the fridge.
Season with a little salt and some black pepper

Last edited:
TZATZIKI - as a dip or, to go with the lamb koftas

Approx. 3 Syns for the whole thing

500g Total 2% Greek Yoghurt - approx. 3 Syns
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
20 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped

Line a colander or sieve with muslin or several layers of kitchen roll and place over a bowl. Tip the yoghurt in and strain, in the fridge, for, at least, 4 hours, until most of the water has drained out. This prevents the tzatziki from becoming runny.
Remove the skin from the cucumber, halve and remove the seeds. cut into thin strips and place in a sieve or colander, over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt (this helps to make the liquid run out of the cucumber) and leave for a few hours, to allow the liquid to drip out. Just before using, press the cucumber hard against the sides of the sieve or colander, to remove even more liquid. Sounds a fuss but it is worth it! :D
Stir together the cucumber and strained yoghurt. Mix in the garlic, mint, quarter of a teaspoon of black pepper and a little more salt. Don't forget to do a taste test and alter to suit you.
Chill for one to two hours.

For a more authentic tzatziki, add 2 to 4 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil to the mixture - 12-24 Syns.

This recipe is based on one from Allrecipes and has very good reviews.

Kathy, I made the chicken nuggets you posted a few days a go last night for my cousins who are really young (4 & 6) and they went down a treat! I didn't get a picture but they looked amazing, I had a taste too and they tasted yummy. I'm now known as the cousin who cooks McDonalds "chicken nug nugs!!" ;) lol. Thank you for posting the recipe, I'll be making them again soon! This time with a picture xxx

MINTED LAMB KOFTAS - Serves 2-3

Syn Free

500g extra lean lamb mince
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
2 fat cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. chopped mint

Mix together all the ingredients, including a good pinch of salt, until well blended.
Divide into 8 balls, then roll each ball into an oval shape.
Either, thread onto metal skewers, spray well with Frylight and grill or BBQ, for about 5 minutes on each side. Don't turn until they are well sealed or they will stick to the grill rack.
If you prefer, (and it's easier) you can form them into little burgers instead and either grill or fry them in Frylight.
Make sure they are absolutely cooked through and enjoy, maybe with a Synned pitta bread and salad/Feta cheese salad, spicy couscous or new potatoes with chives and salad.

Variations - Could add chilli (powder of fresh), a touch more cumin, fresh coriander, instead of ground, a touch of ginger, a little Feta crumbled in (Synned or as part of a HEX) and, if not binding together brilliantly, you could add some egg.

What I sometimes do is whizz everything together, apart from the mince, along with a chopped red chilli and some onion and then have them as burgers, with a little lemon juice drizzled over the burgers, just before serving.

loving the idea of this. can I ask where you get extra lean lamb mince from as
Basic, Lamb, mince, less than 16% fat, 100g raw 2 2

Oh, great! Glad you liked it, Doreen. The others you're going to try I've only ever made with the 'extras' added - the spinach, chicken, crispy bacon pieces, etc., so, if you do them without adding anything else, it'll be good to know what you think. Must admit, I love pasta too! :) When you say, taking away for Friday evening, does that mean you're going off on your hols? If so, have a great time! :)

Hope you're feeling a lot happier and more settled now too.

Kathy xx

Mushroom Pasta Bake Page 127. I made it as the recipe, not too much passata and I really enjoyed it. Had it to myself. I would make it the same for lunch but for an evening meal I think I would have some bacon or chicken in it and maybe and have veg on the side as you suggest in the recipe.

Was in too much of a hurry today - it was lovely.

Back