Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

OK, some slight cheating here again, folks! Sorry. I won't make a habit of this but this next recipe (or two - which is how I got round the 10 ingredient rule! Ahem!) is definitely much too good to miss! :) SKINNY CHORIZO AND MAC CHEESE - Serves 4 3 Syns per serving and HEX cheeses) 200g macaroni 200g diced chorizo - 13 Syns 1 large red onion, finely chopped 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 40g of low-fat mature Cheddar - grated and used for the topping 400g can baked beans 120g can sweetcorn, drained Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Cook the macaroni according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain and set aside. Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with Frylight and fry the onion until translucent (I start mine off in the microwave with a splash of water). Add the peppers, chilli and chorizo. Cook until the peppers are soft. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce (see below! :D ) together. Mix the drained pasta into the sauce, then mix with the vegetables, chorizo, beans and sweetcorn. Season with black pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed and everything is coated in sauce. Tip into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the 40g of cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Chocko I love you x

Oh my God, why are you doing this to me? I'm drooling at my desk and can't go home for another 3 hours, torture! Cheese + Chorizo, it's like heaven, don't even need the other ingredients, I just want a big plate of mushy warm cheesy, salty, spicy goodness!
X

This really made me have a little smile to myself, Llamasoks! :) Hope you love it as much as it sounds you might do!! :D x

YOGHURT AND PINEAPPLE CLOUD - Serves 2

2.5 Syns per serving

250g frozen pineapple pieces
200ml FF yoghurt

Basically, throw it all into a blender and whizz until well blended. Serve.

This is really refreshing and tastes much more indulgent than just pouring yoghurt over fruit! :)

YOGHURT AND PINEAPPLE CLOUD - Serves 2 2.5 Syns per serving 250g frozen pineapple pieces 200ml FF yoghurt Basically, throw it all into a blender and whizz until well blended. Serve. This is really refreshing and tastes much more indulgent than just pouring yoghurt over fruit! :)

Must have this and sound so easy peasy x

Hi Sookie. I just freeze a pack of pineapple cubes from Sainsbury's fruit and veg aisle. Hope you like it! We just think it's really refreshing and yummy! :) x

Hi Sookie. I just freeze a pack of pineapple cubes from Sainsbury's fruit and veg aisle. Hope you like it! We just think it's really refreshing and yummy! :) x

Went and got a few bits from our Aldi store and they had frozen pineapple and mango... X

Sorry to thread steal, but had to share!

Cauliflower Alfredo sauce
Makes a lot, probably no more than 1 Syn in a serving!

1 Cauliflower
6 cloves of Garlic
Veg or chicken stock (2 cups, but however much you want to get the desired consistency)
Mixed herbs or Italian seasoning
1 tsp butter (2Syns)
A dash of milk (2 syns?)

Boil the cauliflower, make up the stock, add everything to a blender, add more of whatever you fancy to get the right consistency or flavour, it's that simple, but we did it to recipe using chicken stock and mixed herbs and had it on a wholemeal pizza base as a white sauce. Lovely!

Can be used on pizza, in pasta instead of a cream sauce, thinned and drizzled on salad, anything you can think of!

STICKY CHICKEN AND TOMATO COUSCOUS - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

400g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 level tbsp. brown sugar - 6 Syns
120ml red wine vinegar
400g cherry tomatoes
250g plain couscous
200g rocket leaves

Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and put over a medium heat.
Add the chicken and onion (maybe, start off in microwave with a splash of water, to help soften) and cook until the chicken is browned all over and the onion has softened.
Mix the vinegar and sugar together in a bowl and add to the chicken mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and sticky.
Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until soft.
Meanwhile, put the couscous into a large bowl and just cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
Add the chicken mixture and rocket leaves to the couscous, stir to combine and serve in 4 bowls.

SLOW COOKED CHICKEN AND CHORIZO - Serves 6

Approx. 2 Syns per serving

3 pepper, any colour, deseeded and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 skinless chicken breasts
200g diced chorizo - 13 Syns
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
200ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. Cajun spices
1 tsp. chilli powder (strength to suit tastes) or a fresh, finely chopped chilli pepper (seeds in or out)

Place all the veg in the bottom of a slow cooker and put the chicken on top.
Add the diced chorizo, tomatoes, stock and spices.
Stir gently, leaving the veg at the bottom.
Cook on Low for 8-9 hours and serve with rice.
If, by the end of cooking, there is a little too much liquid left, cook on High, uncovered, until the correct consistency, for you, is reached.

Syn free pancakes were lovely :)

Attachments

• image-832616358.jpg
    image-832616358.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 91
Syn free pancakes were lovely :)

I tried doing them the once :( was just one bis mess lol. Might try doing them again. They look really nice!

THE CHEESE SAUCE! ;D This is for the Macaroni Cheese (or anything else you might fancy it with!)

300ml vegetable stock
200g Quark
2 eggs, beaten
Seasoning
120g low-fat mature Cheddar, grated

Mix it all together and use in the Macaroni Cheese recipe, above!

This recipe is by a lady called Amy Jones. Enjoy!! :)

This sounds really lovely... anyone have the recipe for macaroni cheese plz? Or am I being daft+just follow above+add pasta? Thanks :)

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Thanks for explaining where the 'missing' recipe is, Lisa! :) I'm away for a few days so only just having a quick peek! Be back soon! :D

Kathy x

Back