Demon's Maintenance Journey

Sorry to hear that you were unwell this morning.:(

Had a bit of an upset tum myself last night but fortunatley was before the weigh in!! :rolleyes:

We call it the Squits in Manchester too!

Having the day off tomorrow and treating myself to a trip to the beautiticians for a facial which I love. Had got out of the habit of putting myself first but doing LL has made me set time for myself :)

Feel pooped today so am going to have an early night tonight

Take Care have a good Day tomorrow & hope you OK

Thank goodness the squits seem to have completely gone now hurray :D

What a lovely idea to treat yourself to a facial lena :) Treating myself is something that I've not been too good at, but decided to make a start on Saturday. Popped into town to buy some Lancome Absolue moisturiser after getting loads of recommendations and .............oh boy.............got a HUGE shock at the price................almost double what I normally pay
icon_eek.gif

Really lovely sales assistant though - think she took pity on me when I let out a loud gulp and, although I should have bought 2 items to qualify gave me some free gifts - a cute bag, set of products, some perfume and some serum - actually quite a lot of stuff.

Mr.D was lovely and said I deserved to treat myself and should do it more often...........aaaahhhh BLESS
smilie_liebe1.gif
Mind you he might not be quite so happy if I do it too often
icon_rolleyes.gif

Off to bed shortly, nite, nite

Week 29/Day Five

Good morning everyone :)

Looking promising here today, bright and dry. Finishing work at 1pm today so will be popping into town to pick up a pud etc from M&S ready for the MIL and Sunday lunch. While I've been on CD it's been sooo much easier to buy something than spend too much time in the kitchen cooking.
1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day
:)

Managed to leave work on time, but then had to go down to Mother's and didn't get away from there until 3pm
icon_eek.gif

Bought a scrumptious lemon torte from M&S for Sunday plus creme freche and raspberries to garnish the plates............what a glutton for punishment I must be lol...........not going to be much fun watching them demolish that lot
angry-t1.gif
Oh well, not long now - should be starting maintenance on Monday fingers crossed :cool:

Finally got around to potting up the tubs to brighten the garden - used wallflowers and violas - should look really pretty over the winter months :D

Off to slurp some soup and plonk myself in front of the box for a few hours - will pop back later.

Week 29/Day Six

Bright and sunny here in Wilts, long may it last. No lie in for me today - with the MIL coming tomorrow decided I'd better run round getting the place spick and span :rolleyes:

Just chomped my way through a choc orange bar for brekkie........yummy, yum, yum
candy.gif
wouldn't swap that for any choccie bar ever made :D :D :D

1238.gif

It's been a really strange day !!!!

Decided to go through the wardrobe and dressers and have completely thrown out all the clothes I owned in larger sizes and I mean everything - filled 10 large bin bags and Mr.D took them all down to the recycling skip before I could change my mind
icon_eek.gif

Did think about trying to sell some of them 'cos I had some some lovely outfits, including the one I wore for my daughter's wedding, but just felt I needed to get them all out of the house. It's the first time ever I've done something like that...........feeling a bit shell-shocked now
icon_rolleyes.gif

Well one things for sure, I really MUST be successful at maintenance or life's about to get very expensive - haven't even got a pair of bigger knickers now lol

Absolutely pooped now so off to bed shortly - let's hope I don't have nightmares :eek:

Nite, nite

Week 29/Day Seven

Lovely and sunny here in Wilts today. Rushing around like a lunatic getting ready for the MIL arriving for lunch :eek:

Thought everything was going well to time, but then had a surprise phone call from my Aussie sister - she's here in Maidenhead on business for a couple of days. It was a last minute trip so we won't actually get to see her, but we spent over an hour chatting which was lovely :) We're planning to go back over there for a visit next year.............can't wait :D

Just about getting my head round the clothes dumping of yesterday................hey this really WILL be the last diet I ever do so good riddance to large sizes for the rest of my life
nature-smiley-016.gif

1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive Sunday :)

hi Demon, so thrilled for you, you are living proof that changes can be made and kept to! I am so happy for you, getting rid of all that excess baggage (clothes not weight!) will be mind clearing too. You can now take a deep breath and get on with enjoying your new life. Well done, you are an inspiration. Love

Well they've just gone and it all went very well. They were absolutely gobsmacked when they saw how much weight I've lost All very flattering, but hey now my head's way too much bigger than the rest of me lol
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Lunch went down really well too and, thank goodness, they demolished most of it - Mr.D will probably finish the rest off for tea

Off to slurp some soup and relax in front of the box for the evening :)

Good Luck Demon

I am keeping everything crossed that the sneeky pound comes of tomorrow and that you can start maintenence tomorrow.

Good on you for keeping strong willed with the MIL there today. I love Lemon Torte but living off smells of food at the moment. My MIL was asking me how I am going on today. I think she is concerned for my well being, she keeps asking me am I feeling OK. She actually asked me today will I ever eat food again :rolleyes:!!! Been to nieces birthday today and there was all the food there that a savoury tooth like me loves. Managed to survive the day though.:D

I enquired on Friday about CD instead of LL after 100 days are up. Just thinking at the moment. Demon have you only ever done the CD?

Its my day off tomorrow! :) Mum back home so we are heading to the shops

LOL lena. Mr.D's aunt asked the same thing today why anyone thinks you'd never eat food again beats me :rolleyes: She was very pleased for me that I've lost the weight, but seemed worried I'd be on packs for the rest of my life :eek:

Yes I have only done CD. Spent about a month considering and researching VLCD's before taking the plunge - really didn't want to start yet another diet and fail again. Also spoke to counsellors from both CD and LL before taking the plunge. Decided on CD for a number of reasons, but the two main ones were cost and the AAM weeks. Figured it was crucial for me to incorporate food along the journey 'cos we've all got to face those demon's eventually - decided I needed to address my issues as I went along.

I guess the other thing was the 1-1 counselling - I've done the group thing many times over the years, WW, SW etc - felt I needed to concentrate on me this time.

At the end of the day it's a very personal choice, the weight loss is the same whichever you choose.

I've sooo got my fingers crossed that the final 1b has come off this week - I'm due for AAM week anyway and as that's the first step in maintenance will be starting that tomorrow whatever those scales say :)

Totally pooped now so off to bed shortly, nite, nite

Your an inspiration!

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for your!

Love Mini xxx

Week 30/Day One

Overslept so rushing around more than usual getting ready for work :eek:

Here's hoping today's the day I start maintenance.....................can't wait for WI tonight !!!!!!!!
1238.gif

Ballons.gif
Just in from WI and...........................BIG DRUM ROLL.................. lost llb.........................which means I'm at my TARGET of 9st10lb....................YIPPEEEEEEE, YIPPEEEEEEE, YIPPEEEEEEEEE
fam24.gif

Boy am I feeling FANTASTIC
medium-smiley-074.gif

Soooo, this is the start of the biggest journey - maintaining. I'll be doing AAM for the next couple of weeks and then going up through the steps - 790 and so on. Going to take it steady and do each stage for 2 weeks - DETERMINED to get this right :D

HUGE thanks for all the encouragement - will be needing you all even more now :)

Congratulations

Well Done Demon I am so chuffed for you :) :) :) :)

A new journey starts from here on now!! Thanks for the info re the switch to CD. During the AAM weeks what happens to your weight? Do you put on during those weeks? Do you do packs & food or just food.

The reason why I am considering switch is the cost & also thinking of doing a week away at centre parcs at beginning of Novemeber which for LL food would be a big NO NO :eek: but with CD I could do AAM!

I think that the principle of the £66 after the 100 days when all you are doing is getting weighed & chatting and getting packs is a lot

Thanks girls, I'm still feeling really chuffed................slight understatement lol
Invision-Board-France-76.gif

Lena I've always lost weight on AAM weeks, in fact I believe they actually give my system a bit of a kick start. You still have your packs each day, but also have a small meal - 3oz chicken, fish, quorn etc plus 2 tbsp of green/white veggies - it's all explained on the CD website.

Surprisingly although it sounds a tiny meal it always leaves me feeling stuffed - certainly makes me appreciate that I don't have to eat humungous portions every time
nature-smiley-016.gif
Can't stress enough how much it's taught me during this journey - it's given me sooo much confidence that I WILL cope with maintenance :D

Totally pooped now so off to bed, nite, nite

Well Done Demon, you really are a top loser. LOL. You must feel so glad to have reached this point in your journey, it is very inspiring for us folk who are still looking into the distance for our happy ending, to see that people really do DO IT! You have wored so hard you really deserve this success. Love and Hugs

Demon that is absolutely fantastic news, how thrilling for you!! I know everyone says it but stay on the ball with maintenance - i really thought i had it sussed then bang! binges started happening which totally took me by surprise! Good luck honey, keep us posted, and well done again!!!!

Back