Step 1 Sole Source Stacey's journey to 10st! Time to get healthy - Newbie here, all support appreciated!

You don't need before and after pictures of anyone else, you can just look at your own! So you haven't always been a big girl?

It is funny to think what I am going to look like when I am slimmer, I have always been big so I have no idea! I've had people telling me I'll 'change' in terms of my personality if I lose weight. Think it's because fat people are perceived as jolly!!

How are you finding the plan so far?

i have always felt fat, always been teased for being fat, but i think its because i have a chubby face, because when i think back, i wish i was any of my previous weights lol. im determined this time to remember what it feels like to be over 20 stone when I am thinner, and just appreciate the weight i get to.

i am not perceived as jolly lol, in fact i am quite dry and sarcastic, i dont smile at people unless they deserve it lol.

so far i have struggled the most when i am not on my own, so evenings and weekends, although my immediate family are quite supportive, I find that I cant sit in the room with them while they eat dinner, and this is annoying to them lol, but tough.

my first week loss was 16lbs!!! so I am feeling very motivated, I think the hardest days are just before the weigh in, when you dont know if its all worth it, I dont own scales because i would weigh myself constantly.

Hi ladies, I've stumbled across this thread as I'm trying to teach myself how to navigate the site, hope you don't mind me butting in. I'm a newbie myself back on Cambridge, have tried it before but not for a few years. Currently starting day 2, feeling quite strong at the moment although my every waking moment as well as the majority of my sleeping ones are consumed with thoughts of food, hoping that passes!
Anyway, just thought I'd say hello. Please feel free to offer any advice, things to try, things to avoid, etc. All input at this stage is very much appreciated. It all sounds like your doing a fantastic job so far, so please pass on the wisdom. Much love. Anne. X

hi anne,, i am only on my second week so the only advice i can give you is to ignore the part of you that wants food, you arent hungry, just bored, so just find something else to do whenever you feel the need to eat, thats how i have been getting through it so far

Thanks for that. I'm on day 2, so far so good, not really hungry at all. Not got time to eat anyway as spending most of the time running upstairs to pee! It helped with being at work last night, I was worried about when I got home as that's usually my danger time but managed with a cup of tea and an hour of tv. Had one shake today as working again tonight so I need to space them out. Just keep telling myself that I just need to get through tomorrow then should be ok. A little shaky today so the blood sugar must be getting low, fine after a drink. I just keep reminding myself why I'm doing this, and the support from on here is so appreciated, it really does help me so thanks for the reply. X

i just find it hard when my family are around, my husband is very slim and very fit but he eats all the time lol, so i cant be around them eating

My partner is a bit of a feeder, he likes me when I'm larger (I secretly suspect that he thinks I'm less attractive to other men), he offers no encouragement at all and thinks this whole dieting thing is complete rubbish. He makes me feel guilty, not by his words but the way he makes me feel when I don't want to go out for that meal or drinks with friends etc. Its so much more difficult when you don't have the support at home which is why this site is so important. Cambridge is quite an isolated diet, its not part of a group like weight watchers etc where you can get support from others going through the same thing.

my partner is only supportive when i am trying to lose weight, we have not slept in the same room for 7 years largely due to the fact that my weight means i snore, we hook up from time to time lol but he is very negative and quite mean when i am not trying to make our situation better, so im doing this for him as much as me. however i do think he will struggle when i have lost weight because he has already been quite jealous in the past and i am interested to see how he will cope with a hot wife (because of course i will be hot!)

Good for you, hope he's as jealous as hell. Funny isn't it how we all have the same problems but in different ways. Be interesting to see how mine copes when I go away without him in October for a few nights with the girls. I'm betting it's not going to be much fun to be honest. Yours desperately wants you to lose weight and mine is more than happy for me to keep mine on!

my partner is only supportive when i am trying to lose weight, we have not slept in the same room for 7 years largely due to the fact that my weight means i snore, we hook up from time to time lol but he is very negative and quite mean when i am not trying to make our situation better, so im doing this for him as much as me. however i do think he will struggle when i have lost weight because he has already been quite jealous in the past and i am interested to see how he will cope with a hot wife (because of course i will be hot!)

I know all too well how this feels!!!!

My DH is a fattest AND a feeder!!! Full of contradictions. Having a hot wife will definitely shake that man up!

Omg Lou poor u babe!!

Hope u got home ok xxx

Just spoken to my man child to inquire as to tonight's dinner. I of course am having a delicious nutritious shake while he, (knowing full well I'm doing this diet) has requested a full roast chicken dinner complete with roasties. This is the level of support that I am receiving!!
W###ER!

Hiya..

starting my diet tomorrow, really motivated to lose this weight with a 10 week deadline!! Eek. My boyfriend WILL be cooking his own meals and that's If I allow him to bring food into the house haha. Any advice??xx

If I don't cook, he'll order in take out, then the whole house will smell of God knows what. At least with chicken, if it really does get too much to resist I can pick on a bit of meat? Lol.

The whole house will smell of weight gain! He seems pretty against you losing weight... I'd make that my main motivation haha xx

my poor family have had bolognese for 3 nights in a row because i made a load of it the other day and thats dinner now lol. i hate cooking on this diet

I did do the chicken but I didn't do the roast. Cut it up and dry fried it with a load of hot seasoning. I only had one tiny piece and it was lush!! I was craving food all night. So not giving in though. I'm determined to have a summer where I'm not having to cover up.

The whole house will smell of weight gain! He seems pretty against you losing weight... I'd make that my main motivation haha xx
This is certainly helping!!!!
I think he's worried that I might get (in his eyes) more attractive to other men, does he seriously think I don't get any attention now? Lol. :)

Well done not indulging. All the small steps get you to the top mountain!!x

Just keep plodding on. Desperately trying to keep off the scales, worried if I'm not seeing a huge drop I'll lose the will to live!

Back