Demon's Maintenance Journey

A belated Congrat's but wanted to say it! you deserve it! What a fantastic weight loss. You must feel wonderful.. even if coldness is a downside of the weather and lack of 'padding' lol.
Enjoy shopping for skinny jumpers! :p ;)

MAINTENANCE Week One/Day Six

Good afternoon everyone :)

Had a lovely long lie in this morning............BLISS,,,,,,,,,,.. do love weekends :D

Not planning to do much today - just a bit of cleaning needed before the decorator/builder comes in Monday morning :eek:
1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive Saturday :)

Well, the best laid plans etc..........started doing a bit of a clear up and completely got carried away...........almost missed Maria
icon_eek.gif

Spent the evening in a reality tv glow, saw Maria plus XFactor.........poor Mr.D.......how that man does suffer
icon_wink.gif

Loving being on maintenance - know I'm actually doing AAM which isn't exactly new to me - but finally getting that FANTASTIC feeling that I've actually made it. WOW can't believe how fast the time has gone since I started in Feb.

This time I definitely won't be putting this weight back on - oh boy do I really, really mean that
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Off to bed shortly, nite, nite
hug.gif

I think Cambridge is MARVELLOUS!!! You don't HAVE to live on shakes, soups and bars Barb, there are several plans to choose from. I fact there are some that tell you what to eat in a calorie counted way. I am doing 1000 cals now after 7 months on SS (soups/shakes/bars) The good thing about Cambridge is that although your calories are very strictly limited, you get all your essential vitamins etc.
I started on Jan 4th, starting weight 21st9lbs.
At gym on Friday I weighed 11st7lbs. 29% body fat
Total Loss 10st.2lbs.
I have never felt better in my life!
Ann x

MAINTENANCE Week One/Day Seven

Good morning everyone :)

Bright and sunny here in Wilts today. Up reasonably early for me on a Sunday morning - going to have a lazy brekkie - choc orange bar yummy :D

Will be picking Mother up at lunch time - probably taking her to the shops and then it's back home to cook roast chicken
di-12.gif

She and Mr.D will be having ice cream for pud - I'm going to make a vanilla and coffee mousse just for me. Don't know why I haven't used the mix a mousse much in the past 'cos it's totally lush.
1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day
:)

MAINTENANCE Week Two/Day One

Off to work shortly..........don't you just hate Mondays :eek:

First maintenance programme WI this evening - hoping those scales have moved down again - really would like to lose about 6lbs to have a little buffer zone ;)
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Just home from WI and couldn't believe it.............I've lost 3lb this week
fam24.gif

Had to have a little chuckle 'cos it took me 2 weeks to do that when I was desperate to finally reach target
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
Really not complaining though ;) was hoping to lose a few more lbs to have that comfort buffer.

Planning another week of AAM before moving up to 790.

Off to flop in front of the box for a couple of hours.

Well done on the 3lbs:D :D . Its sods law isnt it, when you really want it to come off it teases you into waiting. When you are not really that bothered it comes off in threes!!!! I suppose its a bit like the theory a watched kettle takes longer to boil :confused: :confused: :confused:

Just goes to show that during AAM you can still lose weight. I spoke to a CDC last week about the switch to CD and I said I will ring in a couple of weeks. She seemed really nice. She was asking how I was going on LL and why the switch. I told her about the planned hols on the 6/11/06 and she said that I could do 790 the week before I went so that I could eat whilst away. Which seems far more flexible than LL.

I was explaining toady to a friend who is considering a VLCD and said that for me eating is definatley a social thing so to not eat on my hols would be strange. I am hoping to still do 2 packs though and a light meal of no carbs. What do you think?

Thanks lena :D

I took a planned break for a week in Tunisia at the end of May. It would have been too difficult to take packs with me so after talking it through with my CDC I prepared by doing AAM for the week prior to the holiday and then tried to be as sensible as possible while away.

It's really important to be prepared to put a few lbs on - I gained 4 and, really, honestly was SOOOO delighted with that result. Every other holiday I'd ever been on meant at least half a stone gain with me totally pigging out - this time I felt very relaxed and in control and I really enjoyed everything I ate. Doing regular AAM weeks was a huge help - it taught me portion size and control.

CD has really changed the way I feel about food..........it was the first time in my life I wasn't upset at putting weight on - hey that's what happens to 'normal' people when they celebrate special ocassions - a crucial lesson we overweight bods must all learn if we're to avoid the pitfall of feeling we've failed, which only leads to just that!!! I've gained soooo much confidence in my ability to cope and I KNEW I would shift those few lbs easily - actually lost 8lbs the week we got back.

We're off to Amsterdam for 5 days next week and this time I'll be at the 790 stage on maintenance so will stick to the programme as I don't want to interrupt the refeeding process.

You must see how you feel when November comes around - whatever you decide to do will be right for you. If you're planning to move over to CD you'll have done a few AAM weeks by then and will have a really good idea of what you're ready to cope with.

Where are you off to?? I just love hols - we're off in Nov. too - will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary in Mexico............can't wait
reflect.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Two/Day Two

Rushing around getting ready for work as usual
icon_eek.gif
Looks as though the day is going to brighten up - just hope I'm a bit warmer than I was yesterday.

Got another long meeting this morning and then have to rush into town to meet Mother at lunchtime so probably won't have much time to get on here today
icon_rolleyes.gif

1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day :)

Haven't had a minute to get on the web today :(

This morning's meeting went on til lunch time so by the time I'd got back from seeing Mother at lunchtime half the day was over
icon_rolleyes.gif
Ended up having to go to yet another meeting this afternoon - talk about playing catch up !!!!

Just off to make some dinner - got fish and veggies tonight followed by fruits of the forest mousse............yummy
Invision-Board-France-76.gif
Planning the usual lazy evening watching the box - will pop back later :)

Hi Demon,

Nowhere as fancy as Mexico!!! I have booked for me & my Mum & the 2 kids to go to Centre Parcs. My Dad & my Husband are taking us there on the Monday and spending the day with us & we intend to go out for a meal and then they are coming home. They will then rejoin us on Thursday evening & spend the night and all day Friday. I think when the guys are not there we will probably eat in 1 night so will have packs all day that day so will only be having at max 3 meals out!!!!!:eek:

Really looking forward to it. I was thinking about going away at the end of August but it was either start LL or go on hols. Deceided to go with LL and it was definately the right decision.:D

I was talking to someone today and said that even though I have still got a way to go if someone turned round to me and said that I could not do LL anymore it has still given me a new confidence about myself & my abilities so has been well worth it :)

MAINTENANCE Week Two/Day Three

Dull and overcast here in Wilts today :( Rushing around getting ready for work - just one meeting scheduled so far. Really do need to catch up after yesterday especially as I've got all of next week off.

We're off to Amsterdam on Sunday - will be there til late Thursday evening. We always take Mother away for a short hol each year and city breaks seem to work best.
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Just got back from weigh in!!!

LL week 11

73 days completed!! :eek: Lost another 4.4 which is 39lbs in total which has made up for the 0.8 that I did last week (damn that TOTM)

Demon are you off on yet another trip!!! Only joking you have a fantastic time away and revel in the fact that you will be able to pull down you tray with space to spare. Oh and dont forget you will be also able to plug in any headphones without having them stuck into your thigh!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (I pressume you are flying???)Can you tell that this is one of my goals in life to be able to sit comfortably on a plane.

Husband treated me to a suprise trip to St Lucia in Feb last year (10th wedding Anni) and I cried when he told me because I had planned to be at least a stone lighter when I next donned a cossie on my hols(had booked for Greece in the July of the same year). Would love to go back again to St Lucia and be comfortable with my weight!!!

I can but live in hope!! Not about the weight thanks to VLCD but going back again:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PS you are so good at the picies on the threads!!!!!:)

lena, 39lbs now............WOW that's BRILLIANT

Know what you mean about wanting to sit comfortably on a plane - had lost about 4st when we went to Tunisia and boy did it make a difference !!!! It's sooo nice being able to pull that tray down and have room to spare :)

Enjoyed fish and veggies for dinner followed by butterscotch mousse - really don't know why I didn't use the mix a mousse before :confused:

It's been a nice relazing evening, but I'm absolutely pooped now so off to bed now
goodnight.gif

Nite, nite

MAINTENANCE Week Two/Day Four

Dry and a bit breezy this morning - looks like it could brighten up later. No meetings booked for today - will have to pop into town at lunch time to buy some euros. The next two days are bound to be really hectic - it's always a rush making sure I leave everything as organised as possible.

The house is in an absolute muddle at the moment - we've had the builders/decorators in all this week getting the place ready to go on the market. It should be finished by tomorrow evening so Mr.D and I will be cleaning up like mad as soon as they're gone - got the valuer coming Sat. afternoon :eek:

Think we're going to be cream-crackered by the time we get on that plane Sunday morning ;)
Wishing you a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

As expected it's been manic at work today............don't think tomorrow will be any quieter either
icon_rolleyes.gif

Will be cooking fish and veggies again tonight and finishing off with banana mousse............really looking forward to it...........definitely getting used to this eating lark
di-11.gif

Planning a nice quiet relaxing evening flopped in front of the box - will pop back later to catch up :)

Back