Demon's Maintenance Journey

WELL DONE you lena, great loss again this week, you deserve to be really proud of yourself :D :D :D :D

Your counsellor is absolutely right - it's entirely all your own hard work.............47lbs in total is FABULOUS

Must say I'm really enjoying 790 - been checking the book as I'm off to the supermarket tomorrow evening and will need to buy in the right food for next week when I step up to 1000. The only drawback I can see so far is I've got to lose a pack each day - actually felt a bit deprived for a moment when I thought about it lol Mind you, think having shredded wheat for brekkie just might compensate ;)

Very tired tonight so off to bed shortly, nite, nite
konlang.gif

Hi demon,

I have just updated the Christmas Challenge Chart and you have lost yet another 1lb!!!

Your doing fabulous!!!!

Love Mini xxx

PS love your smilies....

MAINTENANCE Week Four/Day Four
coff5.gif
good morning everyone :)

Still a bit dark here in Wilts so can't really see how the day will turn out. Rushing around as usual getting ready for work............no meetings scheduled today.............oooops, ssshhhh, better not tempt fate...........can't say things have exactly gone to plan so far this week
icon_lol.gif

Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Well I've managed to get on here for a little while today - this morning was absolutely manic again
icon_eek.gif

The weather hasn't improved at all - infact it's been raining on and off for most of the day.............and yes you've guessed...........I'm absolutely freezing
blow.gif
probably 'cos I'm back on my usual quota of 4/5ltrs again. Only managed the minimum 4pts most days in Amsterdam last week - it was a tad difficult out sightseeing being sure that I'd get to the loo on time

Really looking forward to doing the supermarket thing this evening - it was the biggest ordeal for me in the first couple of weeks on this journey, but hey can't wait today

Hi Demon, nothing constructive to add but just wanted to show my support ;)

Thanks chicken, really appreciate it :) glad to see how well you're coping with maintenance too :D :D :D

Had a great time in the supermarket this evening - bought some balsamic vinegar, fat free salad dressing and tuna in spring water - haven't eaten any of these so far - been sticking to keeping everything pretty plain up til now. Also bought some new pots WOW now that was exciting!!!! Sooo looking forward to starting 1000 next week - have almost forgotten what fruit tastes like lol

Really, really tired so off to bed shortly, nite, nite

MAINTENANCE Week Four/Day Five
morning2.gif
Still a bit dark here and it's been raining. I've been so cold for the last few days - we've got the heating on full blast - looks like winter is definitely here - well in this house anyway lol

Off to work shortly, got a couple of meetings scheduled for this morning and will have to dash down to Mother's at lunch time so doubt I'll be getting on here much today...........oh pooh
icon_eek.gif

1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day
:)

My hubby goes out to Itally a lot for his work and I went out with him once.

I couldn't understand how Italian women managed to stay so thin and glamo=erous given the lovely pizza and pasta dishes on offer at numerous restaurants until I watch them.

The dinner would take all evening to eat, they ate mainly salad with balsamic and no oil - did you know that it reduces the GI of the food you are eating?

If they had pizza it would be a folded type which meant you only got the equivilant of half the filling. Pasta would be tomato based and they didn't drink for Brittain whilst making sure to take on board the table water.

The parmasan would be the high quality very aged ones which meant that it was so strong in flavour that a little went a long way.

I learnt a lot watching them. :)

Certainly has been cold these last few days:eek: It suddenly happened didn't it.

I put balsamic vinegar on my strawberries. Gives them a lovely flavour :)

Might sound weird if you haven't tried it before, but it's really nice.

I'll have a go at that when I can have them....just been out to have a look at my book and I can have them as from my week 3 which I am starting tomorrow :D

Trouble is, aso manay of the things I am starting to have to introduce is out of season (we grew our own strwbs for example) and I like to eat local produce if I can. Oh well it's only for 12 weeks and then I can go back to seasonal eating again :D

Ooooo and I can eat whole eggs again. It's been killing me having to give our girls' eggs away :(

Evening :) Well I wasn't wrong - hardly any time to get on here today - did manage a few minutes earlier this afternoon, but that was it.

Balsamic vinegar on strawberries - wouldn't have thought of that - will give it a try, but probably not til they're back in season again - usually find they're pretty tasteless at other times. I get fruit from next week on 1000 - really looking forward to that, but have to say not as much as the thought of those new potatoes ;)

Off to finish cooking dinner - we've got chicken and veggies tonight and then I'll be having a lush choc mint mousse............yummy :D :D :D

Another lazy evening in front of the box..........BLISS :D Played catch up with sky+ and finally got to watch the last two episodes of Lost...........WOW............now we'll have to wait ages to see what happens
icon_rolleyes.gif

Off to bed shortly
gnight.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Four/Day Six

morning2.gif
Lovely, bright and sunny here in Wilts. Glad to hear it's nice in Kent 'cos that's where we'll be heading for the weekend shortly. Off to see our adorable grandson - his parents aren't too bad either lol

Wishing you all a good and positive weekend
smilie_fee.gif

Hope u have had a good weekend!!

fam04.gif

Just got back from Blackpool with my hubby & kids and nieces & nephew etc. There was 9 of us went. Spent the afternoon with kids on the beach at St Annes and then took then to the famous Bispham Chippy. They all sat there stuffing there faces with fish & chips etc whilst I sat there drinking tea. They then had the cheek to order cakes afterwards.

Feeling sorry for myself !! :( :( I am off to bed before my resolve is weakened. I am in the house alone tonight as inlaws away and husband sitting the dog. The fridge is getting louder and is calling my name

Just popping in here quickly before going off to bed. Had a lovely weekend - I do sooo love that young man
smilie_liebe1.gif
definitely is Mr.Adorable :D :D :D

Good idea to get off to bed lena, WELL DONE you. Just think how far you've come already - the light really is in view at the end of that tunnel - you'll be there quicker than you realise

Well tomorrow is the start of 1000 - really quite excited, but when I checked how much food I'll get got a bit worried about actually managing that much each day
icon_rolleyes.gif
Can hardly believe I just said that - when I think of the humungous portions I used to shove down my throat - WOW - how much I've learnt on this journey - it's mind boggling
nature-smiley-016.gif

Nite, nite
Dodo12.bmp

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day One (1000)
morning2.gif
Very dark here in Wilts so no I idea what the weather's like yet.. All I'm sure of is that my heating is well and truly turned on lol

Well today is the start of 1000 - got my menu for the day all worked out. Everyone's warned me this will be the toughest test yet 'cos I'll be going out of ketosis..........fingers crossed............here goes........

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat with milk plus coffee with rest of allowance.
Mid-morn - very small banana
Lunch - shredded lettuce, cucumber and small can of tuna in spring water with some Kraft fat free salad dressing. Choc orange bar.
Dinner - 5oz white fish, veggies, 200g new potatoes. Banana mousse.

Decided to split the protein allowance between lunch and dinner - really struggle to eat 10oz fish in one go
icon_rolleyes.gif
Also not sure if I'll need a whole bar after my salad lunch so have decided to see how I go and if necessary will hold the bar til mid afternoon or even keep it for an evening treat. Does all sound like masses of food so really hoping that if those hunger pangs do come back I'll be feeling really stuffed after each meal and must admit it'll be nice to have 3 'proper' meals again.

Guess this week will be a bit of trial and error - so pleased I've opted to do each step for 2 weeks - really will help to get my head round it. Soooo determined to get it right................this is definitely the LAST diet I ever intend to do !!!!!!

It's WI as usual this evening, hoping to have lost another lb this week.
1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day :)

Last edited:
Demon you are doing so well and I am still here cheering you on :D It's dark here in hampshire too :(

Congratulations on your 1st day of 1000!!!

1129621682-51150.gif

Cant wait to be eating some food, I am going to speak to my LLC this week about preperations for my week away on the 6/11/06. I have briefly mentioned it to her and she wasnt at all keen on me breaking my abstenance. I have also found out that I have been invited to a do at Simply Heathcotes in Manchester (very expensive) the week after I go away which is champagne reception & 3 course meal
faccina538.gif

Let us know how you have got on at weigh in. I am keeping it all crossed for you(I can do now with ease after the weight loss) Its something that I have noticed is one of the advantages & oh lets not forget the lack of chaffed thighs!!!!
g030.gif

Hurray for not getting chaffed thighs lena lol can't believe how many years I suffered with that..............never again YEAH
fam24.gif

Do hope you can sort something out with your LLC. Guess that's why I've enjoyed CD so much - knowing that I could do AAM or even 790 if really necessary.

Just finished dinner and boy am I stuffed - can't think how I managed to eat so much before
icon_eek.gif
really, really couldn't eat another mouthful today!!!

Had a great result at WI - lost another 2lbs which brings my total loss to 6st13lb
medium-smiley-074.gif
Not expecting to lose more than a couple of lbs now before stabilising which will be just right for my height of 5'2".

Back