Demon's Maintenance Journey

Congratulations Demon on yet another great weight loss. 1 more lb and you will have to rename the thread "Demons 7st losers"

I am really struggling to understand how you can eat and still lose weight.This might sound stupid but what kind of things can you eat that enable you to still stay in ketosis????? Whatever it is you seem to have cracked it!!!!!!

Cambridge have sorted what keeps you in ketosis on AAM and 790 lena so it's just a matter of sticking to the foods allowed - mainly protein with small portions of veg. The difference with moving up to 1000 is that you start to introduce carbs, like cereal, potatoes etc. Must say I haven't been at all hungry today even though I've had more carbs in one day than I've eaten over the past few months lol and thank goodness for that :D :D :D

To be fair most people should continue to lose weight for a while throughout maintenance - after all a woman can consume 1900 calories so it makes sense that we'll continue to lose more on these lower calorie programmes.

Will just have to see how the week goes, it's early days yet, but feeling very happy about how I feel today.

Absolutely pooped now so off to bed, nite, nite

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day Two (1000)

morning2.gif
Still very dark here, but looks dry.

Decided to do a food diary while I'm working through the maintenance programme now there's so much food - will help me to plan and hopefully help others when they get to this stage.

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk plus mug of coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance.
Mid morning - Very small banana
Lunch - 200g chopped new potatoes tossed in fat free salad dressing with shredded letuce and cucumber. Caramel bar.
Dinner - Chicken breast, cabbage, cauli, green beans. Choc shake made into mousse.

Hoping that moving the pots to,lunch will work better - was absolutely stuffed after dinner last night - not really a feeling I need to encourage lol
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Last edited:
Things have been really hectic today - I run an annual conference for all the secretaries, PA's in the company and it's tomorrow
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's huge and takes loads of organising - this was the the day mild panic settled in - spent ages rushing about making sure, fingers crossed, that nothing goes wrong and that all my speakers are prepared.

What with all that, running around after my boss and having to dash into town at lunch time to meet Mother as usual on Tuesdays, to say I'm pooped is an understatement
icon_eek.gif

Done everything I can now so will try to relax - well until tomorrow morning ;)

Certainly didn't have much time to think about food
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
Thoroughly enjoyed all my meals today - haven't felt at all hungry so far.
Not sure yet how I'll cope tomorrow - don't think I'm going to get any time for lunch - will be too busy circulating and making sure things are going smoothly.

Got to be up really early, so off to bed now, nite, nite
bed_bug.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day Three
morning2.gif
Well today's the day - got all my fingers and toes crossed that everything runs smoothly :)

Here's the planned food diary - just hope I find time to actually eat lunch ;)

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk plus mug of coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance.
Lunch - Tuna and cucumber tossed in fat free salad dressing. Malt bar.
Dinner - Fish, cauli, green beans and 200g new pots. Choc mint shake made into mousse.
1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day :)

Hope everything went well smoothly today.

Been to weigh in and lost 1.1lbs this week but its the 4th week syndrome. Will hopefully make up for it next week.

We were discussing in class today our plans and my LLC thinks it would be best for me to go into management now in preperation for my hols on the 6/11/06 and do the 12 weeks and then do however many planned stones after.

I somehow feel cheated at the fact that I will have to stop my journey for 12 weeks in order to eat 2-3 meals out during my week away. I am still at least 1 - 1 1/2 stone off were I want to be (considering in raising my goal)

I somehow feel that if I am in management that this will be the permission to do as I please and I am sure that I will be naughtier than if I was just allowed to carry on and have the 3 meals but be careful :( :(

I hate the dilema!!!!

My conference went brilliantly - there was a great buzz in the room all day and initial feedback was excellent. Came home feeling really chuffed - didn't think the day could get any better and then found an e-mail from Cambridge................YEAH I'm now an accredited CDC
medium-smiley-074.gif

Even managed to find 5mins to eat lunch - popped into a little ante room behind the stage and shoved the tuna mix down as quick as I could!!!

WELL DONE on your loss again this week lena - know what you mean about 4th week syndrome - my loss was always lower on that week, but AAM always seemed to give it a kick start and the following loss certainly made up for it :D

Not sure what to think about the advice you've had from your LLC - it seems very inflexible that you have to stop for 12 weeks just for the sake of a few meals on holiday. Guess I'd be inclined to tell her that you've changed your mind about eating so that you can continue and see how you feel when the time comes.

Okay, so you probably will eat, but at least you'll have got where you want to be - after all you could actually be at the maintenance stage by then. Try not to be rushed into making a decision you're not comfortable with - I'm sure lots of people have eaten on hols while on LL - I'd be inclined to cross that bridge when it arrives.

It's been such an exciting day, but really pooped now so off to bed shortly, nite, nite

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day Four
coff5.gif
good morning everyone - still on a high today :)

Afraid today's food diary is a bit repetitive lol Couldn't go shopping on the way home yesterday 'cos of my conference so I've gone for convenience and time saving!!

Lunch - Tuna and cucumber tossed in fat free salad dressing - looking forward to actually having time to enjoy this today ;) Choc orange bar.............lush :D
Dinner - Fish, vegggies and 200g new pots. Banana shake made into mousse...........yummy :D :D :D
smilie_fee.gif

Didn't get a minute all day - it's been really dramatic at work. My boss is moving on - I've worked with him for the last 7yrs - actually all the time I've been back at work. As if that wasn't bad enough it looks like there's going to be a big restructure and my job is in danger of disappearing sometime in the next year
icon_eek.gif

Have to say he's been brilliant and has been working behind the scenes to make sure I'm secure as he knows I was planning to carrying on for about 3yrs. I've already been offered another equal position which would give me stability for as long as I want to stay working. I'm going to hate leaving my current department, but I know it's too good an opportunity to miss and the person I'd be working for is lovely.

Just came as a bit of a shock - somehow feel my whole life is suddenly changing - we're moving house - work - preparing to start as a CDC
icon_surprised.gif
Know logically I should be excited at the prospect of completely new challenges and I certainly am thrilled about CD - can't help feeling a little shellshocked right now though!!!!!!!

Oh pooh, don't you just hate being pushed out of your comfort zone
icon_rolleyes.gif

All this is enough to make anyone need to lie down lol so off to bed now, nite, nite

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day Five
coff5.gif
good morning everyone - overslept so in a bit more of a panic than usual :eek:

Being a bit repetitive with my food today, gone for the quick easy option ;)

Lunch - Tuna and cucumber tossed in fat free salad dressing. Caramel bar.
Dinner - Fish, vegggies and 200g new pots. Choc mousse :D
smilie_fee.gif

Went to the hairdressers on the way home from work - didn't get home til late - truly manic day at work
icon_cry.gif

Think I've made a decision and will be moving department - got a feeling there's going to be a bit of a negotiating scrap about how soon though. Have made it clear I won't be rushed - got no intention of leaving my boss or the department without a proper handover. Think it's going to feel a bit sad when it finally happens!!!

What a challenge the new department is going to be - boy do they need a lot of organising and I know that's exactly what I'm good at so don't expect I'll get much time to breath for a while
icon_rolleyes.gif

My starter pack arrived from Cambridge today so I've spent most of evening reading through everything - will need to pop out tomorrow to get the essential stationery - account books etc - fingers crossed it doesn't rain
Temps07.gif

Totally pooped so off to bed shortly
word0009.gif
rhugs.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day Six

coff5.gif
good morning everyone.............just Boy did I need that lie in after the week I've had :D

Starting the day so late it's thrown my food diary out somewhat
icon_rolleyes.gif
but here goes.........

Brekkie - porridge oats made with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance. Small banana.
Lunch - Chopped new potatoes and cucumber tossed in fat free salad dressing. Choc bar.
Dinner - poached salmon or sliced chicken (depends what I buy when I go to the shops!!) and veggies. Choc mint mousse.
4/5lts water.

Shovelling the porridge down as I write this.............yummy, yummy, yummy
fam24.gif
do wish I had time to prepare it on a work day.............absolutely stuffed now
smileyeating.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive Saturday :)

It's been a lovely day - no reason really 'cos I've spent most of it doing loads of
LaverLeLinge.gif
so the house is smelling like a laundry now
icon_eek.gif
Think it was just nice to have some time away from work - needed it after the week I've had ;)

Bought some salmon for dinner in the end...........it was truly delicious :D Also spent a bit of time stocking up on stationery items ready to start counselling - trying to be as organised as possible lol
Ready for bed now though, so off up stairs shortly, nite, nite
faery048.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Five/Day Seven

morning2.gif
Not quite as late getting out of bed today..............just
icon_lol.gif
Got Mother coming over after lunch for the rest of the weekend so reasonably organised on the food front today.

Brekkie - porridge oats made with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance.
Lunch - green salad tossed in fat free dressing. Choc orange bar. Small banana.
Dinner - roast chicken, 200g potatoes and veggies. Vanilla and coffee shake made into mousse............my favourite :D
4/5lts water.
1238.gif
here's wishing you all a good and positive day
:)

Hi Demon ...love reading your thread!! Ur doing fantastic....am hoping I will be there some day in the future as well!!

There's no 'hoping' about it Kazz. You have the power so it is just going to be a question of when ;) :D

MAINTENANCE Week Six/Day One (1000)
coff5.gif
good morning everyone, got that Monday feeling arrrggggh
icon_rolleyes.gif

Chicken is absolutely right kazz - we all felt like that when we started out - but it really is a matter of when - you're already on your way to SLIMDOM
nature-smiley-016.gif

This is my 2nd week on 1000, hoping things aren't as hectic as last week so I can give a bit more thought to what I'm doing lol Got weight in tonight - be interesting to see if I've lost again this week.

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance.
Mid morning - small banana.
Lunch - chopped new potatoes and cucmber tossed in fat free dressing. Caramel bar.
Dinner - roast chicken and veggies. Banana shake made into mousse
4/5lts water.
smilie_fee.gif

Last edited:
Just in from WI and I've lost another lb this week :D :D :D Not expecting to lose much more, but really happy with this - gives me a lovely buffer zone for hols, special ocassions etc.

Really looking forward to dinner tonuight, it's sooo nice being able to sit at the table with Mr.D. Also,feels pretty smart having my lush mousse for pud , it's such a treat
Invision-Board-France-76.gif

Haven't checked what's on the box this evening yet, but expect we'll end up playing catch up with the sky+ box ;)

Wow !!!!

Congratulations demon on the 1lb weight loss. Is that 7st now???

Took a look at the photos and what can I say. You look like a totally different woman. :eek: :eek: You look like you have taken years off your age. Its hard to believe that the people at work didnt really catch up with your weight loss until you started to wear more slinky clothes.

I rang my LLC today and her locum rang me back this evening. Explained things to her and she agrees with my LLC that managment for 12 weeks and then to go onto weight loss afterwards is the best for me. My LLC is going to ring me tomorrow. I think I am ready to say thanks for everything but CD is the flexibility that I need at the moment because I dont think I have the heart to start the packs 100% after the new year.

Can I ask how did yor hair loss go whilst you were on the programme. Mine has just started to come out over the past fortnight and is a bit frightening but have plenty to spare as I have loads of it. My bedroom carpet is beginning to look like it needs a daily shave though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back