Demon's Maintenance Journey

Thanks lena, I don't scrub up too badly for a 60yr old lol

Think the reason it took the peeps at work so long to notice is that I was still wearing rather large tents - also when people see you every day they 'don't' always SEE you, if that makes sense :)

Hair loss hasn't been too bad thank goodness - it has thinned out a little bit, but only so I'd notice and, for me, it was well worth the risk to be slim.

Must say I don't think I'd have been prepared to put the diet on hold for 12 weeks - was too keen to get there!!!! Let me know what you decide.

Off to bed shortly, nite, nite

MAINTENANCE Week Six/Day Two
morning2.gif
boy do I need that coffee this morning - overslept by an hour
icon_eek.gif
and only just made it into work on time !!!!!!! Had to bolt my brekkie down - hardly tasted it at all
icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, here goes todays menu.........

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance.
Mid morning - small banana.
Lunch - tuna and cucmber tossed in fat free dressing. Malt bar.
Dinner - fish, 200g new potatoes and veggies. Choc mint shake made into mousse :D
4/5lts water.
1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day
:)

It's been a pretty hectic day - got in from work pooped so had dinner and then flopped in front of the box for the evening
icon_eek.gif

Struggled with dinner tonight - having the veggies and potatoes was too much - ended up giving some to Mr.D!!!! - so I've decided I'll stick to having the carbs for brekkie and lunchtime - seems to suit me better.................must admit I never thought I'd be saying that
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

WOW............just realised I've had a light bulb moment I actually gave food away...........would never have happened before CD
a04.gif

I've always believed I was one of those peeps without the on/off switch which tells you when you're full up............. ..NOT TRUE..................YEAH
fam24.gif

Off to bed shortly, nite, nite
bed_bug.gif

MAINTENANCEWeek Six/Day Three

morning2.gif
It's still very dark outside so too soon to see what the weather's like today. Chasing my tail as usual rushing round getting ready for work
icon_rolleyes.gif

Decided to introduce some pasta, it's on the list but was worried 40g dry weight seemed a bit small compared to 200g new potatoes lol Of course it doubles when cooked and now I've mixed it in with the tuna can't believe how much there is - had to put it in a bigger container - could be walking around at work after lunch looking like the michellin man
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Here's todays menu.........

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance.
Lunch - tuna, wholemeal pasta and cucumber tossed in fat free dressing. Choc orange bar.
Dinner - fish and veggies. Cappuccino shake made into mousse :D
4/5lts water.
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Mmmmm, really enjoyed the pasta at lunchtime..........and surprise, surprise, didn't struggle at all...........think the portion size was spot on
nature-smiley-016.gif

It's truly hectic at work - don't get a minute to spare - seriously interfering with being able to get on here
icon_rolleyes.gif
Not expecting it to get any better for the next few weeks either
icon_eek.gif

Off to cook my dinner in a minute - really looking forward to the cappuccino mousse.............delicious
Invision-Board-France-76.gif
Planning to flop in front of the box in time for The Bill - will pop back later

Hi Demon

Just wanted to say how interesting and helpful I find your thread - you are doing such a fantastic job of stabilisation, it is truly an inspiration to me. I am on my second week of 790 and plan to move onto 1000 next week but I have not been very good at sticking to it to the letter as you have - think I am too excited and impatient to get back to eating again! But I know this is not the way to gradually speed up my metabolism again and shed those last 6 pounds. I think I should follow your example and write down my food for the day and plan things a bit better. Blimey - it looks like loads of food on the 1000 plan - I won't know what to do with myself:)

Your photos are amazing - you look like a totally different and much younger person:D Thanks again for being such a fab role model!

Just got in from weigh in and lost 1.7 but just got my TOTM this PM which is a week late. Feel like fat nan today!!!!

Sorry to hear about your boss moving on and your potential move. The firm that me & hubby both work at has just told my husbands dept that they are being outsourced to another company. He got told last Wednesday that he is definately in ther plans to move him. It is just a case of when & to where. :( :(

It takes us about an hour to commute into Manchester & we have always worked in the same building so my world is spinning at the moment. It will add loads of problems if he is no longer located in Manchester because we have such strict times for kids being picked up from Nursey & after school club.

The firm has been in a potential redundancy situation for 3 years and they do not realise how people have to put their lives on hold.

Great news about you giving away food!!! I too have always said that I do not really know hunger as I eat on auto pilot ie its that time of day again!!!

I have decided to cheat I think on Monday but I have told the organiser that I have not eaten since the 15th July and will only be able to cope with a chicken salad and not the planned 3 course meal that was on the cards. She spoke to the restaurant toady and they said that was fine so Limo, meal and chicago hear we come !!!:eek: :eek:

Hope you have a good night sleep & have a good day tommorrow. The lady that I work with has lent me her CD books to take a look at for wise add a meal choices for when I go away :)

Thanks sarah, I really appreciate you telling me that my thread is helping

Convinced the trick to this maintenance lark is to take it slowly and, of course, stick to the rules lol I'm finding that writing my menu out each day makes me plan better and that definitely helps.

You're right, there certainly is a lot of food on 1000............mind you, I'd not have said that before CD ;) I'm moving up to 1200 next week and have been reading the book trying to get my head round even more to eat!!!! Feeling excited at the thought of chick peas and baked beans - who'd have thought it
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Did the
gif_e1c.gif
on the way home this evening, it was great fun for a change :D

Do hope your husband isn't moved too far away lena, sounds like you've had a stressful time with all the uncertainty. My move isn't potential any more lena - it's definite - got that message loud and clear from the Divisional Head today
icon_eek.gif
Thought I'd have a few weeks to get used to the idea and, even more importantly, organise a good handover, but think it's going to happen sooner than I'd anticipated. My boss isn't too pleased, but he knows I've no intention of leaving him in the lurch. His replacement starts Monday so I'm expecting things to be even more manic next week :eek:

Well done you for forward planning - chicken salad won't cause any problems. I'm glad you've access to the CD book, it really will help if you plan your meals around 790/1000 when you go away.

Just been watching Extreme Makeover with our slimmer of the year Katie............WOW.............she looks FANTASTIC

Only just managing to keep my eyes open so off to bed in a minute, nite, nite
goodnight.gif

MAINTENANCEWeek Six/Day Four
coff5.gif
good morning everyone :) It's chucking it down with
j0254510.gif
here - hate having to struggle with the brolly - it's that or arriving at work looking like a drowned rat
icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's todays menu.........

Lunch - tuna, wholemeal pasta and cucumber tossed in fat free dressing. Caramel bar.
Dinner - chicken and veggies. Choc shake made into mousse :D
4/5lts water.
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Hope things not to stressful with new boss next week!!! I dont know if stress used to be one of your trigger moment before CD!!! Keep up the menu as its an iteresting read and will help u keep on track!! You are doing great. I love your picies on your thread they always make me smile.

I too watched Extreme Makeover(its addictive viewing I just wish it was me) I thought when she said she had lost so much weight she must have been doing a VLCD. The only problem is I fell asleep before I saw her take her bandages off so never saw her reveal. I also do not have sky + do you know if its reapeated???

I am quite fortunate as skin seems to be coping with the shrinkage. I must have alot of elastin. I coped with the stretch of my 1st born of 8lb 7oz & my 2nd at 9lb 14oz without any stretch marks to shout about. Just a couple of very small feint ones just above bikini line. Any other stretch marks I have are purely weight related. My worry is my boobs. They were like puppy dogs ears before the diet and dread to think what they will be like after!!!! Lets just hope that I can still carry on buying my nice bras from Bravissimo & now have the luxury of being able to buy the sexy Knicks to match!!

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
They were like puppy dogs ears before the diet
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Can really relate to that lena, after 3 children and reaching the ripe old age of 60, know exactly what you mean ;) Luckily the rest of me isn't too bad phew - extremely lucky considering how I've abused my body with all the yo-yoing I did for years
icon_eek.gif
Guess it's in the genes :D

To be honest a little bit of loose skin is such a small price to pay for being SLIM and hey I don't intend to parade about naked. Mr.D still fancies the pants off me so that's all that really matters........and a good bra
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Stress was indeed one of my trigger moments - I was the classic comfort eater. Can't believe how much I've learnt about myself doing this journey - can honestly say food really isn't the 'be all and end all' it always was............WOW now that really is FANTASTIC

Work was truly manic again today and it's certainly not going to slow down in the next week or so
icon_rolleyes.gif

Totally cream-crackered now so off to bed shortly, nite, nite
hugs2.gif

MAINTENANCEWeek Six/Day Five
coff5.gif
good morning everyone :) Think someone said the clocks change this weekend, do hope so, would be nioe to see a bit of daylight when I get up. Rushing around as usual getting ready for work.

Decided to swap the pasta for potatoes today to ring the changes. Don't want to get into too much of a set pattern lol looking forward to next week when I can start having pulses - will probably alternatate things like chick peas with the tuna for a bit of variety.

Here's today's menu..........

Lunch - chopped new potatoes, tuna and cucumber tossed in fat free dressing. Choc orange bar.
Dinner - fish and veggies. Cappaccino shake made into mousse
4/5lts water.
1238.gif
wishing
you all a good and positive day

Demon, you are doing so amazingly well, i'm so proud of you!! Just wish i could find the same strength as you!! How do you feel being so much under target?? Does it suit you or are you going to come up a bit?

I always hoped to lose another 6/7lbs on maintenance karen :) obviously keeping an eye on it now 'cos at my age I don't think it would look too good to lose much more. Will up my food intake a bit quicker if necessary lol

Be interesting to see what the scales say this week as I've tried to vary the menus a bit more and have been eating pasta and, although not strictly 'legal', have to own up and admit I've always used cooked weight not raw when weighing portion sizes which means that I''ve probably always been a bit over on the calorie count for the week
icon_rolleyes.gif
To be fair, I honestly didn't know that was wrong until I did the training day, but decided it was too late to worry so have continued - figured it would mean that I'm still working my way up through the steps, even if they're a bit bigger than intended ;)

My goal is to stabilise between 9st and 9st4lb - will be more than happy with that - feeling absolutely GREAT at the moment. One thing's for sure I NEVER plan to weigh more than 9st10lb ever again............that's DEFINITELY always going to be my top weight
nature-smiley-016.gif

Karen you've done soooo BRILLIANTLY, you're a star. Bet you remember just how you felt at target - now that really is a HUGE motivater

Work is seriously interfering with my web life at the moment - bit much when they expect me to actually earn the money eh ;)
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
Will be moving departments in a weeks time and haven't even started the clear up yet - it's been much too manic just sorting things out for my boss!!!

Very tired all of a sudden so off to bed shortly, nite, nite
bed_bug.gif

Just been reading your thread again. Wow, aren't you doing fabulously!
Youarethewomanbow.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Six/Day Six

morning2.gif
Up late as usual ............do like my lie in at the weekend :D Does throw the food timings out though so here goes........

Brekkie - porridge oats made with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance. Small banana.
Lunch - Chopped new potatoes, tuna and cucumber tossed in fat free salad dressing. Choc bar.
Dinner - poached salmon or sliced chicken (depends what I buy when I go to the shops!!) and veggies. Vanilla and coffee shake made into mousse.
4/5lts water.
jtinkbel.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day

After a nice lazy morning we spent the afternoon sorting out Mother's loft
icon_eek.gif
no peace for the wicked eh ;)

It's been a lovely evening - spent most of it watching Strictly Dome Dancing and XFactor. Oh how I wish I'd learnt to dance like that, afraid my efforts were more
yeye04.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
What an evening of shock exits - couldn't believe Spoony got knocked out - it should have been Georgina

Was just as gobsmacked Robert was in the final 2 in XFactor, although his first performance was definitely a bit manic - he certainly pulled it together in the sing off

Feeling pretty pooped now so off to bed, nite, nite
pussmun2.gif

MAINTENANCE Week Six/Day Seven
morning2.gif
Wet and miserable here in Wilts
regen_pfuetze.gif
Not much planned for today - will be picking Mother up later - expect we'll detour to the shops before coming back home. Planning to pick up some tomatoes and grapes ready for tomorrow when I step up to 1200...........really looking forward to adding in extra foods :)

Brekkie - porridge oats made with skimmed milk/water plus mugs of fresh coffee with the remainder of my half pint allowance. Small banana.
Lunch - tuna and cucumber in fat free dressing. Malt toffee bar.
Dinner - fish, 200g potatoes and veggies. Vanilla and coffee shake made into mousse............my favourite..........yummy, yummy
nature-smiley-016.gif

4/5lts water.
peterpan.gif
here's wishing you all a good and positive day

Oh demon I have just read your diary from page 1 and I wish I could do all your wonderful inserts it make it so interesting.. You have had an amazing journey and you should be so proud of yourself:):). Its so nice to see how you cope in the real eating world:) I can't wait to be eating again and I know I will be popping back to see what you are eating each day to give myself an idea what is available to eat:) Thank you for being so confident with your journey you are brilliant...

apo.gif
biggirlsam, I really do appreciate knowing that my diary helps :)

WOW you're over halfway there now............you'll be at target quicker than you know
fam24.gif

Went to the shops as planned and only just managed to get home before it started to absolutely tip down
wthr16.gif
phew ;)

Just about to start preparing dinner - Mother and Mr.D will be having a nice big meat pie - I've changed my menu slightly - I'll be having sliced chicken instead of fish 'cos I had that yesterday in the end and it's nice to have a bit of variety.

Got really excited in the supermarket - bought some lovely cherry tomatoes, grapes and a couple of cans of mixed pulses to alternate with the tuna this week :D

It's the 2nd half of Prime Suspect tonight so will be glued to the box after dinner - will pop back later :)

Back