DEN'S LT100% DIARY

DAY 10

Swam for a full hour today ! So pleased with myself that I took out membership of the leisure centre and plan to swim three times a week from now on. Still 100% and feeling happy and energetic; only the constipation is getting me down.

DAY 12

Still 100% but a little bored of Strawberry shakes so I was pleased to collect my Week 3 supplies today because, having tried, and liked the chocolate and vanilla shakes, I included more of them in the order. Hot Chocolate for dinner this evening made a nice change. Walked briskly up to the pharmacy to collect my order which is good because it's a very steep hill. Not nearly as puffed as I would normally be! Swimming again tomorrow :)

DAY 13

Thirteen, unlucky for some? Well maybe for some but not me ;-) I'm on top of the world. Success in the poo department ( yes Deezer, senna did the trick) and I've got Fibreclear to keep things moving from now on. 32 lengths of the pool in 40 mins today and still had enough energy to Hoover when I got back. First casualty of the wardrobe a T- shirt which is FAR too baggy and first reunion; a much loved skirt which I haven't worn for ages as the waistband was uncomfortably tight. :)

well done its great when clothes start to get too big, it is so motivating.

My weigh in is on Wednesdays
weigh in week 1 -13st 1lb
week 2 -12st 4lb -11lbs lost
week 3
week 4

DAY 14

Wow! What a great feeling, there's a 17 on the readout of my scales ! There was one yesterday but I didn't get too excited because the rest of the reading was 13 lb and 7/8 lb which as far as I'm concerned means I was 18 stone! Today, however the reading was 17st 12 lbs ( and 3/8) so I've lost a stone and a half! :). :). :)

DAY 14

Wow! What a great feeling, there's a 17 on the readout of my scales ! There was one yesterday but I didn't get too excited because the rest of the reading was 13 lb and 7/8 lb which as far as I'm concerned means I was 18 stone! Today, however the reading was 17st 12 lbs ( and 3/8) so I've lost a stone and a half! :). :). :)

I'm hoping to pop into the 17's next week!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Ooh yeah, fingers crossed for you hun :)
Just found an old diet diary from the last time I was seriously trying to lose weight; Feb - March 2008. I lost 7 lbs on a low carb plan but abandoned it when my daughter had a miscarriage and I went for comfort eating big- time. It was a bit galling to realise that I was 17 stone at that point and that in the intervening time I regained the half-stone and another 1and half! On the other hand it's a reminder that I need to beware comfort eating!
Got a lovely little grandson now and I want to be able to run with him!

Week 3 almost done....

The highlight HAS to be shopping for jeans and coming home with a size 18 that fit perfectly :-D! That's twos sizes down( though to be fair I didn't really fill a 22 - just couldn't quite squeeze me pre- diet self into a 20 )

Still 100% , bags of energy and feeling good. Even had a Facebook comment from a friend who'd driven past me when I was out walking the dog and just HAD to compliment me!

Ups and Downs

Week 4 was a bit of a mixed bag for me; still comfortable on the diet and getting lots of encouragement from friends and family but frustrated by the lack of evidence of weight loss on the bathroom scales. Then there was my visit to my GP; she was very impressed with my progress but when she advised that technically diabetic and that, whilst I don't need treatment yet, losing weight and exercising will only delay the point when I need treatment, I can't avoid it. That was a real blow. I had really hoped that I was going to be able to prevent the condition and I'm gutted to think that if only I'd done something about my weight sooner then I might have done just that.

However, I've made the mental adjustment now and accepted the diagnosis. I'm more determined than ever to get my BMI down to a safe level. I've lost 2stone 4 pounds to date and have slimmed back into some clothes that I thought I'd never wear again :) I swim 4 times each week and this morning I started the C25K running programme. Still closer to couch than 5K but it's a start!

Deezer at what size/weight are you planning on starting to run?
I ask cos I started when I weighed about 15 and half stones running/walking from lamp post to lamp post it.
Can't do running now as I injured my knee whilst dog walking and had to have surgery so x trainer/rowing machine & exercise bike seem to be the best cardio things for me to do now.
I really miss running though wonderful feeling when you can do it and feel free and fit.

Deezer at what size/weight are you planning on starting to run?
I ask cos I started when I weighed about 15 and half stones running/walking from lamp post to lamp post it.
Can't do running now as I injured my knee whilst dog walking and had to have surgery so x trainer/rowing machine & exercise bike seem to be the best cardio things for me to do now.
I really miss running though wonderful feeling when you can do it and feel free and fit.
Well..... Lol... I have always wanted to but i have always had really weak ankles... I sprain em really easy!!! Or used to years ago.... i figured that it is def because of my weigh that they get sore....

Did you have any probs running at 15 and a half stone!???

Would love to start then!!!

Deezer I would be careful though with your weak ankles but
I had no problems running at 15st 7 but it really was walk and a little jog and because I was doing a liquid VLCD like Lipo every day I was getting lighter in weight.
So with the diet and the exercise the weight fell off me in no time.
Near my target weight I was running like the wind it felt great a bit like the scene in Forest Gump when he lost his leg braces and could run and was free that's exactly how I felt when I could run.

Hi Den, I've just read your diary, well done!

Feeling SO pleased with myself today :-D

Thanks to some really good advice, I very nearly completed WK1D1 of my C25K running programme.
On Monday when I tried it I really thought that I'd bitten off a wee bit more than I could chew; that maybe girls my size shouldn't run :-( . Then I talked to my friend who is very fit and runs regularly and she said that I was making the same mistake as many people do when they start running.....I was trying to run too fast!!!!!!!! Well, I didn't honestly believe that it was possible to run any slower than I had on Monday but, this morning, I tried it. I'm sure I could have got further if I'd walked for the required 60 seconds but I DID IT! I alternated 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking for 20 mins (apart from a short pause to recover from a slightly twisted ankle ) and I feel quite confident that when I do it again on Saturday, I'll do it properly :-D

So Deezer, maybe the C25K programme might suit you, though I wouldn't recommend running in the woods like I do if you're prone to twisted ankles (I wanted to be away from spectators! ). If you haven't heard of it the 'c' stands for couch and it's designed for people whose starting point is the couch!
I'll keep you posted on how far from the couch I get!

By the way.......how do you manage to get so much in to your signature? I typed in all my targets etc and got an error message saying the limit was 255 characters :mad:

Ooooh i don't know hun!!! Wonder if its dependant on how long you have been on the site....

I am SO going to look into that!!! x

Back