Depot Injection and CD

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
Hey peeps. I have the depot contraceptive injection every 12 weeks instead of the pill and it stops TOTM however the last couple of months i seem to be on constantly which is incredibly frustrating (and without to much info - i've met this guy and things are going well IYKWIM)

I know there have been other posts about CD messing with your cycle but was wondering if anyone else has had this while on the injection? if so how did you cope! or fix it! either way i'm getting really fed up with this! :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

hi

just seen your post. i have the depo inj and have had strange periods, very, very light, in the last 6 weeks of the injection before having another. this never used to happen pre-cd. i wasn't on depo last time i did cd and found my weight flew off me too, this time it's been a big struggle.

i was sent to the hospital recently cause the nurse was worried about my bleeding. luckily everything's fine but they did say that i will have to have mind 2 weeks earlier than the 12 weeks (so every 10 weeks) or use oral hormones for the last 6 weeks.

this is the last thing i really want and what i'd love is to come off the depo and all hormone contraceptives. just need to book hubby in for the snip now. :D

I'm not on the depot injection but I have been experiencing similar problems with TOTM, I have the contraceptive implant. I was told by my GP that unfortunately if you are losing alot of weight then this unfortunately can be a side effect. Apparently once your weight settles or weight loss slows down then they will return to normal....so hopefully that means back to none for me again....please please please fingers crossed. Hope this helps. Although probably not :) Sorry good luck with the fella ;)

thanks, it's good to know it's not just me! it's not that much of an issue just frustrating and if it will settle again then i don't mind. just hope it all returns to normal before my holiday in September! :)

Back