Depressed :(

jennyc_uk

Silver Member
Me again ladies

Tuesday, day before WI and the depression kicks in. Had a takeaway curry and an Italian meal today and I just feel guilty. I've been trying to reach my half stone award for last two weeks. I had to get 2lb to reach it but I only lost 1/2 last week and I highly doubt I've lost 1.5lb this week I seriously feel like tuckin into the chocolate cos there hardly seems any point in trying now n then start again after WI

Sorry for the mopeyness

Oh don't give in to the temptation. Get yourself some fruit or a nice hot chocolate options drink for the choccy fix.

Just think of how guilty you will feel after wi if its not a good one, at least by resisting tonight you can know you did your best.

It is hard when temptation is high, but it will pass as you get stronger x

*hugs* things will be okay, try to forget whats happened and concentrate on tomorrow as a new day.

Had you been good all week before the takeaway/meal?

What was your reasons to make those food choices? Sometimes i know when the nerves kick in i feel like eating lots of naughty stuff to hide the feeling of being nervous..or to forget about how i am feeling for a short while as if im honest, bingeing makes me feel happy, its like "my safe place".

You will get to your 1/2 stone award, you need to be strong and perhaps set yourself small little mini targets to aim for. Achieving 7lbs is a lot of weight, how about aiming for 0.5lbs a week or a 1lb?

Have you discussed how youre feeling with your consultant? Perhaps she can offer you a SAS log to fill in.

Good luck, and dont apologise about posting its good you've come here for support and advice.

x

Trust me - the only thing worse than takeaway curry and an italian is .... takeaway curry, an italian and chocolate!

There's nothing you can do about it by now. You could try working out how many syns you have had and cutting down for the rest of the week. But definitely put it behind you.

But one way to get something really positive out of it is to think about why it happened and plan now for what you will do when these circumstances happen again. Learn from it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

The Indian takeaway was planned so I went for a rogan Josh boiled and limited myself to 2 popadoms and no alcohol! So overall I thought I'd done quite well.
The meal today was a complicated reason (I'm freelance and basically I was being tapped up by an agency) so I went for tuna meatballs in Ragu with pasta thinking it would b one of the best options cos most things had cheese or cream sauces but looking at my book a spaghetti marinara is 11 syns which is worse than I suspected.

I've had a couple if clementines rather than chocolate and I'm going to a dancercise class later.

I think my consultant is prob fed up of me being mopey then gettin on the scales and losing lol. That 1/2lb last week after really sticking to the plan has really got me down. There's a price of birthday cake in the cupboard that I've been avoiding until after weigh in and then I was going to cut it in half

I'm doing EE as I find red and green confusing (plus I hate quorn! Lol) but I don't know if it's working for me after my initial good losses. I tried to think in small chunks as I wanted to lose just over a stone by mid April which should be achievable I'm told but at 1/2 a week, assuming I always lose it feels like I'm never gonna get there :(

Thanks for the support ladies my OH tries but as he's not following the plan as strict as me and thinks I don't need to lose weight he struggles to really get it

X

try not to worry too much iv been really bad this week with my sisters 21st, ate lots buffet food, had a fry up type food on two rolls sunday, 2 toasties this week, crisps and birthday cake but had been good up till the weekend and was dreading wi tonight and lost 1/2 so dont give into temptation i know how easy it is but its not worth beating yourself up about gaining its all part of the journey

Don't give up - it'll only take you further from your target (says she who had to learn that the hard way!!)

Don't beat yourself up about it. We would all love a wee trip in a time machine now and again but no can do lol. You can't take back the food you have made just make sure that you make the right ones from here on in. Enjoy your dance class x x

Try not to worry too much, everyone has a day like this at some point. You said you felt that you should have had a better loss last week. Sometimes i find that it takes me 2 weeks for a loss to show at the scales.
Try and keep on track, you have done so well so far. Good Luck with the WI

Thanks for the advice ladies. Just proves I'm an emotional eater I guess. I had a loss this week. It's funny the week I thought I'd done really well I only lost 1/2 this week when I was really depressed and thought I'd done terrible I lost 1lb x

its always the way isnt it. and it shocks you if you are really really good one week you dont see a loss and when you have been good but had a treat you lose. how does that work haha

Well done Jenny. I'm an emotional eater too but congrats on not giving in and making yourself feel even guiltier (is there such a word? lol)!

So pleased you've had a loss , it just goes to show if you stick with it the weight will come off. Well done

Just a quick note remember stress can have a huge impact on your losses so try to relax. Slip ups happen were only human!! Forgive yourself move on today is another day!! Xxx well done!! Xxx

Back