Depressed!

jrabbit81

Hey,
Its really weird, one minute I am proud of myself that I have finished day 3 without a hitch, then I get overwhelmed by how much weight I have to lose. :(

Been online and my BMI is 36.6, which makes me obese. :eek: Not happy!

The thought of having to watch what I put in my mouth forever is so depressing!

Plus I am starving! How long till my stomach gets used to the smaller portions?

I was on the Lighter Life website as well today. 14 weeks!!! With no real food!!! How much weight would you lose???

Rant over!:cool:

*hugs*

I can relate to you - just think of the smaller goals and work towards them.

I'm BMI 49 - shocking really! Still, I could be BMI 45 soon if I keep on track. Just a little less morbidly obese than I am now haha!

They say a month for the stomach to adjust, but let's face it day 3 is always the worst of the lot. I think it's when the mind starts to get you back on the bad habits it is used to.

Lighter Life - I did Cambridge a while back and lost 1.5 stones the first month and then a stone the second - but then I got ill and couldn't do it anymore (not Cambridge related but meant I couldn't continue).

I do find surfing the net and reading other's people's stories is helping me at the moment.

Early nights are handy too ;)

Hey,
Its really weird, one minute I am proud of myself that I have finished day 3 without a hitch, then I get overwhelmed by how much weight I have to lose. :(

Been online and my BMI is 36.6, which makes me obese. :eek: Not happy!

The thought of having to watch what I put in my mouth forever is so depressing!

Plus I am starving! How long till my stomach gets used to the smaller portions?

I was on the Lighter Life website as well today. 14 weeks!!! With no real food!!! How much weight would you lose???

Rant over!:cool:

Hello there buddy!!!

I did CD and after a while built up some intolerence to them and started being sick so had to stop. But it is very hard, no food for months and then have to maintain and then still have the shakes to keep at goal. I talked it though with the counsellor and she said you always need to have the shakes handy unles you learn portion control, so this is why I am going with the Diet Chef (when it arrives :()

I thought I would add my email address if you wanted to PM me. Expose Email I am finding it hard to navigate this site still.

I think we all feel like this at times. Thing is though, once the journey is started, we are on the way. Yes, we'll always have to be careful but it's getting to a point we can be happy with that matters. Hopefully we learn some good new habits along the way and maintaining will not be too difficult.
Every lb off is a triumph - doesn't matter how many have to go, one at a time they will disappear.

Good luck.

Feeling any better today Jess? (Hope y'don't mind the shortening, it's habit :confused:)

I know it's depressing thinking how long things can take but you can be surprised how fast time goes!

I'd be careful about sticking to dietchef to the letter though - it does have some advice about people with a BMI over 30 might lose too quickly on this plan if you stick to the 1200 calories a day. Have a bit more fruit or something - I think I'm at least going to add two activia (fat free) yoghurts and an extra snack when I'm doing it to get to about 1400-1450 a day just so I don't overdo things.

Back