Derbynanny's weight loss

Derbynanny

Gold Member
Decided that a weight loss diary may help me on the rest of my SW journey and then eventually learning about maintaining.

I have struggled with my weight for my whole adult life. Varying between 7 pounds and 3 stone overweight. Until recently have always done WW but got disallusioned when they stopped offering core.

So started SW a few weeks ago and love it.

I have lost 4 pounds and only want to lose about 4 to 6 more BUT I need to learn how to maintain my weight for life instead of constantly yo yoing.

My wi day is tomorrow and I have had a great week so far. I tried EE this week for most days but today I am doing a red day.

Teresa

A new week and ready to try really hard to get back into the 10 st bracket. Need to lose at least 1.5

I am going to the shops this morning to see if i can find batchelor's pasta n sauce macaroni cheese it is 2 syns but so worth it ! Just can nto always find it.

Will be having it over leeks for a scrummy lunch :)

Teresa

So far so good this week. Went out to pizza express last night and had a nicoise salad delicious. Had the dressing on the side and only ate a little of it and only had 1/2 of one breadstick. I also had olives as a starter a great syn bargain 8 olives for one syn on EE .

Teresa

you're doing really well - hope you get your 1 1/2 off :)

well done on your half stone award, and 2 lbs off in a week is fab when you've only a little to lose:)
Well done and good luck for the week ahead.

Thank you for your support. I feel like a fraud sometimes with my small amount to lose when so many people are losing loads but i have battled my weight forever.

Hoping SW will help me actually get to target and more importantly maintain

Teresa

Well done on your loss, so how much more do you want to lose?

Dont feel like a fraud if you can manage to unlock the secret to healthy eating and maintaining for life for you, that is no small achievement and as you say you have struggled with your weight before I think what you are doing is admirable!!

Well i have as my target weight in my head 10 10 after 20 odd years at WW i got to 10 10 last year and managed to maintain it within 5 pounds for a year but then decided i didn't need to follow a plan anymore and gained 12 pounds in 6weeks this summer.

So 3 pounds would get me back to 10 10 and a BMI of 25 but I would like to try for 10 6 which would be 1 stone lost with weight watchers . But I know from the past much lower than 10 10 is hard for me to get to.

Teresa

well after my great loss on wednesday and gettign my half stone award i lost the plot yesterday :-( 5 weeks of perfection and then a massive binge.

But 100% back on track today and aiming for as few syns as humanely possible before wednesday.

Teresa

Do you know what triggered it - make a note of it maybe and then draw a line under it and move on :)

How are you doing Annie?

It was baking cakes that started off my binge.

I have a list of foods which i know trigger binges

cake batter!
peanut butter
bread with real butter
toast
nutella
cheese although this one i am learning to control

Most of those foods i have learned to not start on them but i do often bake for other people. I have avoided it for quite a few weeks but needed to make spotty cakes for children in need day at the school the little boy i take care of attends.

I thought i could lick the beaters and move on ...... i should no better.

I licked the beater and the bowl and while waiting for second batch to go on had a large spoonful. All which would have been bad enough but then decided as i had messed up to continue the abuse
cheese. more cheese , icing, choc, biscuits, icecream and toast all passed my lips !!!

I woke up today with a food hangover !

As i do end up baking for others quite a lot i need to figure out a stategy ! (maybe chewing sugar free gum while baking) I am more tempted by cake batter than the finished cakes !

I have been 100% op today !

Well i did it after thursday only free food passed my lips for the rest of the week 6 syn free days!

I sts at weigh in which I am glad about as last week i was quite surprised with 2 off as this close to goal it normally slows down.

Still 3 pounds to goal and 2 buffet parties this week.

I WILL LOSE WEIGHT THIS WEEK !!

well done on losing 2lbs this week, you're so close to goal now that's great. Shame about xmas looming (food wise), but we'll get through it:)

i know what you mean about trigger foods, cheese is the one for me too.

Well done on your STS - as you say this close to target it will be slow. Its good you know your trigger foods although I have to say cake batter is a funny one lol - for me its toast with butter, chocolate and mainly feeling full (even if its on free food) my brain says ive blown it and I can just keep eating for Ireland - but at least if we know these things we can try to avoid them.
Are you a childminder then? Id like to look into minding children when my two are a little bit bigger.

Back