Desperate and Depressed

Sedalia

I really need to lost 5 stone, but my doctor hadn't heard of lipotrim (in fact he thought it was a quack idea) and there isn't a participating pharmacy in my town or area of Eastbourne. The nearest is miles away and I don't drive. I really want to do this plan as eliminating food from my diet really is the only way I will lose weight. I am so desperate.:cry:

Hi Sedalia,

Have you looked here on this list for a chemist who do it?

Are You Serious About  Losing Weight

Cambridge diet and Lighter Life are also similar to Lipotrim.

You might find a counsellor close to you

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/572-how-find-cdc.html

Cambridge Diet find a counsellor

This link is for Lighterlife...

LighterLife,Life in balance - Weight management programme

You could also ask in the Cambridge diet forum here...

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/

Or in the Lighter Life forum here

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/

I hope this helps...

Love Mini xxx

chin up hun , if your determind to do Lipotrim you will find a way and you will be sooo happy that you started this amazing plan !!!

good luck and keep in touch xxx

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I could only afford the lipotrim programme, and I have contacted them and they can't help either :(

Cambridge isnt much more than lipotrim, so if you can find a counsellor near to you that may be an idea.

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I could only afford the lipotrim programme, and I have contacted them and they can't help either :(

Hiya, dont despair - there is always a way around these things. I didnt even ask my GP about it (he is barking mad, literally, its scary) and the nearest pharmacy programme to me is 33 miles away and I work a 6 or 7 day week. I explained this to the pharmacist and she is letting me go to be weighed nad re-stock once a fortnight instead of once a week. Perhaps you would be able to do that too? Even if it means getting several buses to get there, once a fortnight is not much to ask when you have so much to gain from it!

Otherwise as Sonkie says, Cambridge Diet is about the same sort of price as LT.

There *will* be a way for you to do this and once you find it you will be so glad you did!

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have taken the plunge and will go to the pharmacy tomorrow to start the programme. They agreed that I would only have to come every two weeks also because of the distance. I can't wait to see these ugly pounds falling off me. Oh what joy that will be!

Thats really good news!! Well done you :)

Please post and let us know how you are getting on, you'll get loads of support on here, it makes it all so much more fun!

Once you are into the programme and the pharmacy knows you are doing all the right things, they might be prepared to post supplies out to you fortnightly, and perhaps just go for a weigh in and check once a month. My pharmacy is brilliant and I just have to ring up and they will send me some supplies, but I have been with them for years and only pop in and out of the diet for maintenance. Good luck hun. It's the best decision you have every made. Keep posting on minimins and you'll get all the help and support you want.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have taken the plunge and will go to the pharmacy tomorrow to start the programme. They agreed that I would only have to come every two weeks also because of the distance. I can't wait to see these ugly pounds falling off me. Oh what joy that will be!

I'm so glad you decided to start on this diet. I have only been on it for about a week, but I have to tell you, I feel soooooooo much better than I did just ONE WEEK ago !! Its amazing really, after years of seeing my weight go up and up, I finally feel that I have found something that will make a difference. And like others said, keep reading this site, its so helpful and encouraging because everyone understands what you are going through.
BEST OF LUCK :)

Thanks for all your support! It means alot. The only thing that concerns me about this diet is, how do you prevent it all going back on once you have lost the weight?

Hiya, you'll go through re-feeding and maintenance programmes on this, so you carefully and gradually reintroduce food. You'll put on just a few pounds when you start to eat food again (water!) but I think we stand much more of a chance to maintain than if we were doing other diets - which dont have that same sort of support.

Its basically like other diets in that, if you go back to your old ways and overeat, then whatever way you lost the weight you will gain it again as you are taking in more calories than you need to keep your goal weight.

I think its more about changing habits and your perception of yourself, and by monitoring what you eat you shouldnt find that you gain again.....

Hi Sedalia

I first started this diet 9 years ago, and stopped a couple of times throughout for medical reasons (nothing connected to the diet). I did gain a few pounds, but kept the majority off. At my heaviest I was 18st 11 and I am now around 10st 2 to 10st 4. I have kept to this weight for the past 2 years now, its just all about re-feeding and introducing certain foods gradually. The pharmacy will give you all the information you need.

That is fantastic news hun, you will be so pleased when you get on those scales after your first week/2 weeks.
This diet is truly amazing. Good luck and dont forget to let us know how you get on.

Hun obviously if you return to your old habits of bad food and big portion sizes the weight will go on. Though you will probably find that you will fill up quicker once you start eating.
CANT WAIT TO HEAR HOW YOU DO THOUGH.

Back