Determined to be foxy 42 by 2014! Want to join me?

1lb off so def on a 2 week loss cycle. Focus towards another good week this week as it should be the larger loss week!! 8.5 so getting there slowly but surely. Snowing here!

Well done for the loss :) 8.5 is a decent amount! Imagine carrying that round in your arms all day long! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Lou. Yes it's a good amount of weight - perhaps I should carry it around all day to make me realise how much I've lost and to help boost my losses a bit!! Your doing great. Not long til 4 stone gone wow!

Hi Malamobile,
Just found your diary so thought I'd comment on here....
I am not 100% on the 'Green' plan but I will try and help as I think the fundamental's are the same....

1, How many Syn's are you having per day, as it looks as though your not having enough some days. (Should have a Min of 5 Syn's per day.)

2, Have a look at your meals, make sure that your having the correct portion breakdown. When I'm struggling I go back to lean meats, pots & veg. that way it's easy to gauge protein, Carbs & Veg.

3, Double Check & Triple Check the Syn value's of the foods you eat as lots of Meat free products are high in Syn's. Also the Syn value's can change regularly.

And finally....
4, Your exercise routines....
Think of a scale between 1-10, 1 being a slow casual walk & 10 being a flat out sprint & pinpoint what level your workouts are at.
You should be aiming for 7/8 for at least 30 mins per day. If your on a machine with a Heart Rate Monitor then start off by aiming to get into the 130's, then 140's and so on. This is better than a 3/4 for 2 hrs as you will burn more calories....
If your on a machine with a Heart Rate Monitor then start off by aiming to get into the 130's, then 140's and so on. I'm at 169 maximum when I did the 5 miles on Monday....
I aim for over 400 Calories per every 30 mins of exercise, my runs are up to 500 cals per 30 mins....

If this doesn't work in 2/3 weeks then do a food diary & speak to a consultant....

Hope this helps

Gav

Woop woop mich... I'd take a lb any day of the week!!!

Hi Malamobile,
Just found your diary so thought I'd comment on here....
I am not 100% on the 'Green' plan but I will try and help as I think the fundamental's are the same....

1, How many Syn's are you having per day, as it looks as though your not having enough some days. (Should have a Min of 5 Syn's per day.)

2, Have a look at your meals, make sure that your having the correct portion breakdown. When I'm struggling I go back to lean meats, pots & veg. that way it's easy to gauge protein, Carbs & Veg.

3, Double Check & Triple Check the Syn value's of the foods you eat as lots of Meat free products are high in Syn's. Also the Syn value's can change regularly.

And finally....
4, Your exercise routines....
Think of a scale between 1-10, 1 being a slow casual walk & 10 being a flat out sprint & pinpoint what level your workouts are at.
You should be aiming for 7/8 for at least 30 mins per day. If your on a machine with a Heart Rate Monitor then start off by aiming to get into the 130's, then 140's and so on. This is better than a 3/4 for 2 hrs as you will burn more calories....
If your on a machine with a Heart Rate Monitor then start off by aiming to get into the 130's, then 140's and so on. I'm at 169 maximum when I did the 5 miles on Monday....
I aim for over 400 Calories per every 30 mins of exercise, my runs are up to 500 cals per 30 mins....

If this doesn't work in 2/3 weeks then do a food diary & speak to a consultant....

Hope this helps

Gav

Thanks Gav. I've had a good think & I'm still sure I'm doing it right. I'm having about 10 syns a day and never less than 6. Green doesn't come with portion breakdowns but I have been eating half superfree. So think thats ok. I only restarted the diet in jan so all syns hexas and hexbs have been checked really recently. I will check them all again though to be 100% sure. Exercise wise I'm doing 30 day shred at mo and walking as well as this - so some hard and some easy! When I go back to the gym I do 45/50 mins 3/4 times a week usually & treadmill and bike or cross trainer , heart rate starts low & builds to top end where I keep it ticking over. I wonder whether I should take that down for fat burning rather than cardio or try 30 mins each day - a quick blast??!

I have done sw many times before but since the first time when I lost 3.5 stone in 5 months its never worked the same. I am never complacent & really strict with measuring/checking etc which is why I'm so bemused. Thanks so much for your comments I will have a good think and really focus on the nitty gritty and the exercise.

Anyway , tonight I used flexible syns as it was my nans 92nd so I will be interested whether this gives me a boost. In the past I've actually found that sometimes relaxing a bit brings a loss!!

Assume you're into footie from your name ( I'm usually tractor girl so guess where I have a season ticket!!??) - great match tonight.

Will report back on my progress! Thanks

Hi Hun, just came to have a look at your diary, hope you don't mine me subscribing :)

I done the 30day shred last year and I gained weight when I done it!! 1 pies of advise, please please please measure yourself, and more the difference!! The weight goes up but the inches go down!! Hated it and lived it all at the same time :) x

Hi Hun, just came to have a look at your diary, hope you don't mine me subscribing :)

I done the 30day shred last year and I gained weight when I done it!! 1 pies of advise, please please please measure yourself, and more the difference!! The weight goes up but the inches go down!! Hated it and lived it all at the same time :) x

Hmm think I might have meant piece not pies hehe the irony of it ;)

I have never done the 30 Day Shred but as for cardio/ fat burn levels, if your in the cardio section you will be burning fat....

Yes I am into Football & was there when Sol went up to lift the FA Cup & I was there last Saturday when we lost 3-2 to Colchester....
I just hope we can get through this administration with a club to support!!

The tractor boys hey, they tried getting some of our players on the cheap last season!! :)

Hope your blast of Flexible Syn's will boost your weight loss!!

We are always trying to get players on the cheap but just got rid of our finance guy - the one who agreed to sell Jordan Rhodes (grrrr) so maybe we will actually

Sorry dropped phone!! ...actually get some players that cost something & not mess up deals at the negotiation stage. I remember administration well - had to buy some 'shares'! Somehow don't think they're going to rise in value! Wish itfc would move themselves as have a bet on top 6 hahaha!!!!!

Kirsty- welcome to my mindless ramblings! Great to have you here... I try not to moan TOO much. You're right about the shred but I just think with my size I should lose something too. I will check by using my jeans as a guide! Too scared to measure at the moment!

Oooft football talk!

I have no doubt you are foxy already but welcome to my diary where we can work to FEEL foxy at 42/43!!! I'm not 42 til December so gave myself 11 full months to foxify myself!!

Good luck! I managed to put 2lb on this week! Not good. I do know why which I guess is good.

Going for a 100% for 7 days week now with a big kick up the butt to me! :asskick:

Good luck! I managed to put 2lb on this week! Not good. I do know why which I guess is good.

Going for a 100% for 7 days week now with a big kick up the butt to me! :asskick:

I'm here anytime you need a persuasive word to get you on the straight and narrow!! I'm 39 days good today and 39 booze free days too but my halo is slipping & my thoughts are turning to Nutella and wine and meals out!!

Morning all. Willpower held out so far!! Friday night helped as I was out til 9.30 learning how to foster hedgehogs overwinter - something I'm going to do. Sat I tidied up, listened to ITFC get beaten, went to the dump to get rid of my old kitchen, did a big shop - all very glamorous!! Started 30 ds level 2 ow!!! Food good, syns 9.5. Dinner was asda meat free bolognese with a tin of mixed veg added and mashed swede.

Today had a lovely lie in & just planning a walk ( very rainy here though). Had yummy brekkie of 2 eggs in fry light, mushrooms & 2 slices wholemeal 400g plus some watermelon. Later I plan to have jacket pot with beans & veggie sausages with onions and a salad. All very comfort foodie.

Without meals out the weekends seem a bit lacklustre - then it's Monday before you know it!! Must make some plans to look forward to- although next weekend I go to Surrey to see my sis & nieces, go to a do where all my best school friends will be & then to the seaside to see mother In law. So, busy next weekend & careful planning will be required foodwise. Lots at the cinema I want to see - especially the new die hard. Might go on 14th- we are sooooo romantic!!

Have a great day xx

I'm here anytime you need a persuasive word to get you on the straight and narrow!! I'm 39 days good today and 39 booze free days too but my halo is slipping & my thoughts are turning to Nutella and wine and meals out!!

39 days booze free - I am mega mega impressed! I'm aiming for a week (3days done so far ;))

Back