Devans cambridge journey

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by DEvans, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

1. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Day 1

The day has started out fairly ok. unofficially my starting weight is 15st 2lbs. Yikes!!!! I officially weigh in with my CDC tomorrow evening. We'll see how that goes.

Its 1pm and I am having hunger pangs bad ones too. water seems to be making me feel hungrier at the moment. I'm going to try out a cup of green tea and see if that helps.

My mood has now changed to one of doubt and despair. Withdrawal is so hard. I'm glugging the water now. I will have my 2nd pack in about an hour.

I had to go to an event last night and I was so hungry I felt I could have chewed someone's arm but I continued the water in take. I had a minor lapse and had a few tortilla chips. As soon as I did that I immediately excused myself from the activities and went home and had my final pack for the day. I feel so tired its unreal.

Lets see what Day 2 holds
    Last edited: 17 June 2008
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

good luck D :D

abz xx
  4. lose-lotts

lose-lotts Full Member

cambridge diet
    good luck, i also have mine tommorow aswell. but mines in the morning so i wont have any water till ive got weighed;)
  5. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Thanks and Good Luck to you all as well.
  6. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

DAY 2

I met with my CDC this morning. So I had no water or pack so no need to say I felt pretty crap this morning. I have a lingering headache as well so can see a hot bath and an early night very near in the future but for right now I have to work. On a positive note though, I have already lost 2lbs so that has given me a good boost to continue the day.

So I got to work and had a cup of black coffee. UGH!!! I just needed a pick me up, then an hour or so later I had my first pack. Its now lunchtime and I have also had 2ltrs of water so why am I still hungry and have this nagging headache. Sigh!!! Onwards and downwards!!!

I had to wait on my hubby for us to go home together so when it was 6:30pm and he didnt show up yet, I felt famish and I sat the station and I could smel the McD's. Everyone around me was having a cornish pasty but I held out. I got home and had my pack and a cup of tea to carry me through the evening. I had my warm shower and I was out like a light before my head hit the pillow.

Roll on Day 3
    Last edited: 18 June 2008
  7. abz

abz Gold Member

it does get harder for a few days D. just keep going. through all of it. i am now on day seven and am starting to feel better. i'm off to see my cdc tonight so am holding out on my lunch for a bit so i can have dinner afterwards, ha. the things we do!!

abz xx
  8. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Day 3

I am working from home today so not feeling as badly as I did yesterday. The headache still lingers on but it is much milder than yesterday. I have had 4 pints of water already for today including my first pack. I am guessing with all the water I have been guzzling I am not feeling as hungry yet.

Does anyone else find that the packs makes you thristy? I find this to be the case and also it helps me to wash down the powdery after taste quicker too.

So I struggled to get to 1:30 to have my second pack. Sigh!! just waiting a whole hour I downed about 1.5 pints of water. I am having my choc tetra ice cream now which is taking loads of time to finish and is quite filling.

OK had a minor lapse later in the evening :( My mom and dad spent the night at mine last night. I couldn't dare tell my mom that I am doing this again. The last time she pressured me to come off it and I caved. so I had a piece of chicken and some curried prawns infront of her and a cup of tea with it :( In doing that I forgot to have my last pack.

I feel guilty so back on it properly tomorrow.
    Last edited: 19 June 2008
  9. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

It so does. I am just taking each day in stride. I see that you had a good loss for your first week so well done abz!!!
  10. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Day 4

After my slight stumble, I am back on it again. the scale STS this morning after last night, I am just glad it didn't go up. So this morning I had a cup of tea, coffee and my shake. Its nearly lunchtime and I have had 2 litres as well. I don't feel too bad and no hunger pangs. I froze a pack last night so I brought that in to have for lunch. I am going to watch a friend play football this evening so I am walking with my 3rd tetra and water for me to have whilst I spectate.

The ice-cream tetras are subperb but its making me go into coughing fits so I have to be careful when I have them. Yesterday was more or less a success. I didn't fall completely off the wagon like the previous day. I had all my three packs and didn't snack until I got bought some nuggets. I had one and handed the rest to my friend. Why I couldn't say "NO", I don't know.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 5 is a new day.

Last edited: 20 June 2008
  11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

sounds like your doing well. the hungar will pass keep glugging that water!!
  12. abz

abz Gold Member

great news D. well done :D

abz xx
  13. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

DAY 5

I got up this morning and I felt renewed. The sun was out and it was warm and I've already seen a 1/2" loss on my waist :) So I had a cup of tea before I left for work. I was ok and not particularly hungry so far this morning. I think having a coffee at 10am helps alot. Since I had my first pack at nearly 12, I will be due one again at 4pm, I don't know if I could hold out that long but I am certainly going to try.

Woohoo, I stuck it out and I had my second pack at 4:30. I have also managed 4litres of water and no nibbling thus far. When I get home will be the real challenge. Now I have had the urge to go to the loo for the first time in 2 days despite taking the psyllium husks religiously for 4 out of 5 days and I can forsee some constipation problems and more water is not helping. I guess that will be a hurdle I have to cross when it comes up. Ohh and I am getting back one of those nagging headaches but today is nearly over. Back to glugging water.

Ok today has been a success as I haven't cheated. I'm heading to my bed now after just having my last pack. Have a great night everyone. Tomorrow is another day.

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited: 20 June 2008
  14. abz

abz Gold Member

good luck D!!

abz xx
  15. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Thank you abz. Good luck to you too
  16. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hun you are doing really well ... stick with it!

17. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Thanks jools. Its hard but we'll all get there.
  18. Avatar Advert

19. claire261

claire261 Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    good luck
  20. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

DAY 6

Right I got up this morning and thought I should be in ketosis so I decided to check. Lo and behold the stick was negative :( ok so I am not in ketosis probably because I nibbled a day or 2 back but my gosh I was good yesterday, not hungry and cold. I'll just have to continue being good and pray and hope to be in ketosis in the next couple of days.

I wonder if I am not in ketosis but still losing weight whether I am in starvation mode?

So far today, I have had a cup of tea, my first pack and 2litres of water. I will be due my 2nd pack by 2:30. We'll see what today holds but I think I will need to sleep at some point today to try and get myself into ketosis and not feel the urge to pick on something. :(

Today has been good, I feel a lil lethargic right now but I'm getting ready to have my 3rd pack and I have the beginnings of a headache. Once hubby is finished with fitting the toilet I will have a very hot bathe.

Last edited: 21 June 2008
  21. abz

abz Gold Member

the ketostix can lie!! don't worry about it too much. if you are losing weight then it's working!!

abz xx
  22. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Hiya abz,

Thanks for the advice I'm sticking to it because I know I would get the results. I'm motivated by the scale going down in the right direction.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.