Devans cambridge journey

DEvans

Day 1

The day has started out fairly ok. unofficially my starting weight is 15st 2lbs. Yikes!!!! I officially weigh in with my CDC tomorrow evening. We'll see how that goes.

Its 1pm and I am having hunger pangs bad ones too. water seems to be making me feel hungrier at the moment. I'm going to try out a cup of green tea and see if that helps.

My mood has now changed to one of doubt and despair. Withdrawal is so hard. I'm glugging the water now. I will have my 2nd pack in about an hour.

I had to go to an event last night and I was so hungry I felt I could have chewed someone's arm but I continued the water in take. I had a minor lapse and had a few tortilla chips. As soon as I did that I immediately excused myself from the activities and went home and had my final pack for the day. I feel so tired its unreal.

Lets see what Day 2 holds

Last edited:
DAY 2

I met with my CDC this morning. So I had no water or pack so no need to say I felt pretty crap this morning. I have a lingering headache as well so can see a hot bath and an early night very near in the future but for right now I have to work. On a positive note though, I have already lost 2lbs so that has given me a good boost to continue the day.

So I got to work and had a cup of black coffee. UGH!!! I just needed a pick me up, then an hour or so later I had my first pack. Its now lunchtime and I have also had 2ltrs of water so why am I still hungry and have this nagging headache. Sigh!!! Onwards and downwards!!!

I had to wait on my hubby for us to go home together so when it was 6:30pm and he didnt show up yet, I felt famish and I sat the station and I could smel the McD's. Everyone around me was having a cornish pasty but I held out. I got home and had my pack and a cup of tea to carry me through the evening. I had my warm shower and I was out like a light before my head hit the pillow.

Roll on Day 3

Last edited:
it does get harder for a few days D. just keep going. through all of it. i am now on day seven and am starting to feel better. i'm off to see my cdc tonight so am holding out on my lunch for a bit so i can have dinner afterwards, ha. the things we do!!

abz xx

Day 3

I am working from home today so not feeling as badly as I did yesterday. The headache still lingers on but it is much milder than yesterday. I have had 4 pints of water already for today including my first pack. I am guessing with all the water I have been guzzling I am not feeling as hungry yet.

Does anyone else find that the packs makes you thristy? I find this to be the case and also it helps me to wash down the powdery after taste quicker too.

So I struggled to get to 1:30 to have my second pack. Sigh!! just waiting a whole hour I downed about 1.5 pints of water. I am having my choc tetra ice cream now which is taking loads of time to finish and is quite filling.

OK had a minor lapse later in the evening :( My mom and dad spent the night at mine last night. I couldn't dare tell my mom that I am doing this again. The last time she pressured me to come off it and I caved. so I had a piece of chicken and some curried prawns infront of her and a cup of tea with it :( In doing that I forgot to have my last pack.

I feel guilty so back on it properly tomorrow.

Last edited:
it does get harder for a few days D. just keep going. through all of it. i am now on day seven and am starting to feel better. i'm off to see my cdc tonight so am holding out on my lunch for a bit so i can have dinner afterwards, ha. the things we do!!

abz xx

It so does. I am just taking each day in stride. I see that you had a good loss for your first week so well done abz!!!

Day 4

After my slight stumble, I am back on it again. the scale STS this morning after last night, I am just glad it didn't go up. So this morning I had a cup of tea, coffee and my shake. Its nearly lunchtime and I have had 2 litres as well. I don't feel too bad and no hunger pangs. I froze a pack last night so I brought that in to have for lunch. I am going to watch a friend play football this evening so I am walking with my 3rd tetra and water for me to have whilst I spectate.

The ice-cream tetras are subperb but its making me go into coughing fits so I have to be careful when I have them. Yesterday was more or less a success. I didn't fall completely off the wagon like the previous day. I had all my three packs and didn't snack until I got bought some nuggets. I had one and handed the rest to my friend. Why I couldn't say "NO", I don't know.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 5 is a new day.

D

Last edited:
DAY 5

I got up this morning and I felt renewed. The sun was out and it was warm and I've already seen a 1/2" loss on my waist :) So I had a cup of tea before I left for work. I was ok and not particularly hungry so far this morning. I think having a coffee at 10am helps alot. Since I had my first pack at nearly 12, I will be due one again at 4pm, I don't know if I could hold out that long but I am certainly going to try.

Woohoo, I stuck it out and I had my second pack at 4:30. I have also managed 4litres of water and no nibbling thus far. When I get home will be the real challenge. Now I have had the urge to go to the loo for the first time in 2 days despite taking the psyllium husks religiously for 4 out of 5 days and I can forsee some constipation problems and more water is not helping. I guess that will be a hurdle I have to cross when it comes up. Ohh and I am getting back one of those nagging headaches but today is nearly over. Back to glugging water.

Ok today has been a success as I haven't cheated. I'm heading to my bed now after just having my last pack. Have a great night everyone. Tomorrow is another day.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited:
Hun you are doing really well ... stick with it!

xx

DAY 6

Right I got up this morning and thought I should be in ketosis so I decided to check. Lo and behold the stick was negative :( ok so I am not in ketosis probably because I nibbled a day or 2 back but my gosh I was good yesterday, not hungry and cold. I'll just have to continue being good and pray and hope to be in ketosis in the next couple of days.

I wonder if I am not in ketosis but still losing weight whether I am in starvation mode?

So far today, I have had a cup of tea, my first pack and 2litres of water. I will be due my 2nd pack by 2:30. We'll see what today holds but I think I will need to sleep at some point today to try and get myself into ketosis and not feel the urge to pick on something. :(

Today has been good, I feel a lil lethargic right now but I'm getting ready to have my 3rd pack and I have the beginnings of a headache. Once hubby is finished with fitting the toilet I will have a very hot bathe.

D

Last edited:
the ketostix can lie!! don't worry about it too much. if you are losing weight then it's working!!

abz xx

Back