Diabetes Doubles - In the news.

Discussion in 'Diabetes' started by Leanne1, 27 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    That is very interesting although the bit about 70% of the rise being down at increase in population and people living longer is not really given much attention.

The bit about the nutrients in the womb is interesting. I was a low birth weight baby, born 2 weeks late and my Mum was only 8 stone at full term, so I guess I did not do as well as I could have. Makes you think.

4. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    what I hate is how diabetes is constantly portrayed as "a death sentence" and I admit thats how i felt when I was first seen by consultants and given the info pack.:eek:

Why not be a wee bit more positive towards the newly diagnosed? And advice to cut down refined carbs? I suppose they're afraid if they gave that info and something went wrong they be sued.:sigh:

Hats off to you Barb, you're doing exactly the right thing gal, taking the steps now to ensure you're becoming healthier! :0clapper:

5. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Thanks Lynnella, i am certainly doing my best. It was a badly needed wake-up call and i'm glad it came when it did.

I agree about the negativity, my gp was very gloomy, which did not help at all. There are people with very positive attitudes who are doing really well, so why not acknowledge it?

6. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Why are Drs so laid back when it comes to newly diagnosed. 3 months of healthy eating just doesn't seem pro-active enough!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.