Diabetes Doubles - In the news.

That is very interesting although the bit about 70% of the rise being down at increase in population and people living longer is not really given much attention.

The bit about the nutrients in the womb is interesting. I was a low birth weight baby, born 2 weeks late and my Mum was only 8 stone at full term, so I guess I did not do as well as I could have. Makes you think.

what I hate is how diabetes is constantly portrayed as "a death sentence" and I admit thats how i felt when I was first seen by consultants and given the info pack.:eek:

Why not be a wee bit more positive towards the newly diagnosed? And advice to cut down refined carbs? I suppose they're afraid if they gave that info and something went wrong they be sued.:sigh:

Hats off to you Barb, you're doing exactly the right thing gal, taking the steps now to ensure you're becoming healthier! :0clapper:

Thanks Lynnella, i am certainly doing my best. It was a badly needed wake-up call and i'm glad it came when it did.

I agree about the negativity, my gp was very gloomy, which did not help at all. There are people with very positive attitudes who are doing really well, so why not acknowledge it?

Why are Drs so laid back when it comes to newly diagnosed. 3 months of healthy eating just doesn't seem pro-active enough!

Back