Attack Diarrhoea in AP

sammyl79

Hi all

i started Dukan diet on Monday and have been on attack since... I have been mainly eating packets of chicken (chilled section with sweet chilli flavours etc), Bernard Matthews chicken slices with Dijon mustard, hard boiled eggs (ate 3 on Wednesday in one go,) and tons of smoked salmon (1 or 2 packs a day) with lemon and pepper. Anyway on Thursday I ate a John West packet of smoked salmon, but it was really thick oily stuff, so I don't think it was really allowed.

This afternoon I have had a bad time with diarrhoea, is this normal? I have the daily allowance of oat bran but expected constipation instead of the squits!?! Am I doing something horribly wrong here? Only lost 2lbs since Monday

Thanks in advance
sam

Hi Sam

Smoked salmon is done but your flavoured chicken is best avoided. If possible, cook your own foods at home so you know what's in them (packers often contain sugars and fillers).

Diarrhoea isn't normal, so maybe you've picked up some kind of bug?

Hope you feel better soon

P x

I am new to his too but i am have been making my own sauces for chicken and beef. Fat free yoghurt with some spices in is nice, or lemon juice instead of oil with paprika was nice too. I was hoping i could still have my favourite chilli prawns but they are covered in oil sadly. I have found dairy to be my new best friend or i would start to hate chicken very quickly.Today i also bought a thai green curry paste which has only allowed item in which i will mix with skimmed milk and yoghurt to create a sauce.

Hi Sam

Smoked salmon is done but your flavoured chicken is best avoided. If possible, cook your own foods at home so you know what's in them (packers often contain sugars and fillers).

Diarrhoea isn't normal, so maybe you've picked up some kind of bug?

Hope you feel better soon

P x

*fine not done!!

P x

Oh dear sorry hun diarrhoaea is never fun. I've not had any problems like that. Possibly just a coincidence with the start if your diet and its a bug?

I agree you've probs picked up a bug and agree with whats been said about pre-packed meats only use them in emergencys and smoked salmon drink plenty of water to counteract salt content xxx good luck

Thanks guys luckily all was purged by the evening :) and I lost a total of 5lbs in a week, which I am chuffed with...

I'm going to stop the attack phase and move onto the next as I could murder some salad! (Never thought I'd ever say that :) ).

X

Enjoy xxx

Back