Diary closed! Link to new diary on last page.

Morning stevie xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popping in to sub, good luck with your journey. I've rejoined a new group too this week and started with a fresh book, feels nice to have a new start and embrace Slimming World again, hope you're having the same experience xxx

This is SO embarrassing coming back on here again and telling you all again how miserably I've failed.

As you probably all could have predicted, the week off work also meant a week off plan. Very much off plan - we've practically lived on Nando's, takeaways, alcohol, chocolate, and any other crap you can think of.

Had a great time but now feeling fatter than ever. I feel like I may aswell be back up to 15st again, that's how fat I feel. I am so bloated and my jeans no longer fit. Well, not without a big bulging belly hanging over the top of them anyway. I tried all of my holiday clothes on over the weekend and, thankfully, they still all fit. Which I really wasn't expecting if I'm honest! But if I can get a bit of this weight back off again over the next three weeks then I'm sure they'll be slightly better.

If I'm honest, I am utterly ashamed of myself. I had gotten to literally 10lb away from target at one point, and now I feel as though I may as well be back at square one. Disgusting!

I've decided that, for at least the next three weeks, I won't be going to group or even weighing myself at home. I think that, for me, the most important thing at the moment is being able to stick to plan - not necessarily getting obsessed with the numbers on the scales. Then when we're back from Tenerife I'll probably go and rejoin my original group? I don't know yet, trying not to think too far ahead.

As I said, I've had a great week off and have enjoyed every minute. But something needs to change now. I actually wasn't going to even come back to Mini's because it's so embarrassing, I'm like a broken record. One last, final attempt to get back on the wagon and stay there...

Green

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:

- Fruit & Fibre (HExB) with a sliced Banana and Milk (HExA)

Lunch:
- Tesco Sweet Chilli Noodles (1.5 Syns) with a sliced Red Pepper (S) and Spring Onions (S)
- Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)
- Weetabix Chocolate Smasher Oaty Bar (3.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Pasta with Quorn Meatballs (S) and Vegetables (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S) and Red Onion (S)) in a Spicy Tomato Sauce (Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Crushed Chillies (S)). Topped with Cheese (HExA)
- 4 x Weight Watchers Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (8 Syns)

Supper:
- Salted Caramel HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 350ml Skimmed Milk & 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B:
35g Aldi Harvest Morn Fruit & Fibre & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 14 / 15
Weekly Syns:
14 / 105

Last edited:
Ah Stevie hope you had a good week off. Don't be so hard on yourself everyone goes off plan on holiday. The important thing is getting back on it which you are well done

Well done for coming back Stevie, thats half the battle won! I had a bad weekend too, though swore i wasn't going off plan, so if it helps at all, we all do the same!!! 3 weeks is plenty of time to start shifting the lbs again, and how you are feeling is probably just a little bit of bloat which will disappear after a day or so back on plan, and also a little bit of your head playing tricks on you because you are telling it you have been bad!! Give it a couple of days and you will be feeling yourself again!!

Lets go for a great week :) x

Really sorry to hear that Stevie, but it does happen to everyone at some point. I hope this doesn't sound cheeky, but I think you've put way too much pressure on yourself to lose such a large amount in a short space of time and I think you should just stick to plan as best you can, forget about the fasting and trust that SW will work. You will get there in your own time, so just be glad that you had a nice break last week and now you're back on it (and a huge well done for coming back on here and fessing up!!!)

Thanks everyone. All of my crazy plans of losing "x" amount of weight in "y" amount of time, fast days, weighing myself daily, etc. are all out of the window. The most important thing at the moment is just that I actually stick to plan - so that's what I'll be focusing on!

On a positive note for today - felt like I wanted something to eat, and really fancied a packet of crisps. Toddled down to the vending machine with purse in hand and after looking at the crisps I told myself no, and just got a can of Pepsi Max instead. Baby steps, but steps nontheless x

Just thought I'd share a few pictures from York. Some of you may already have seen them on IG / FB, but just in case...

Me and Warren not long after arriving in York. We did a spot of shopping and then, as it decided to have a downpour, we ran into Yates for a light lunch and a few drinks :rolleyes:

6.jpg

A bit later on the weather got out nice, so we sat outside Revolution and enjoyed a cocktail each. Just the one, as it is pretty espensive in there. But nice for a treat! Warren had a Cranberry Fizz and, as you can see, I enjoyed a Peanut Butter Martini. Yum! :p

Cocktails.jpg1.jpg

Then we headed down to get seats outside by the river. And we bumped into Michael Parr and Isabel Hodgins who play Ross and Victoria in Emmerdale! They were lovely and chatted to us as we all waited for seats. Very friendly and didn't mind that we pestered them for a photo. I didn't find out until the day after that it was Michael's birthday, which I was gutted about as it would have been nice for us to know and wish him a nice day! But nontheless, we thought it was pretty cool :cool:

Emmerdale1.jpg

Back to the hotel for a shower and change of clothes before heading out for more cocktails and Nando's for tea. Followed by more cocktails lol!

9.jpg5.jpg4.jpg10.jpg

And finally, a quick snap of us waiting for our train home. Looking a lot happier than we actually were - we really wanted to stay another night and would have, if money hadn't been an issue. We spent a fortune! But it was worth it :D

3.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Looks like you had a lovely time in York!! Welcome back to mini's. I'm sure you'll be able to get straight back to it.

I'm so glad you came back on here. Never be too scared to come back. We are all on a journey and will always be here to support you in yours xxxx

Love the pics you both look so happy.

Honestly you should stop apologising, we all go off plan, it may make it easier to cope with if you stop seeing off plan as failing, you're not failing at all, you're doing the best you can when you can.

I can see how not weighing or going to group will help, it's hard sometimes when the numbers are as we expect. xx

First day back on plan successfully accomplished yesterday, long may it last!

Having an EE day today as I've got leftover pasta for lunch and Warren is coming for pizza chicken for tea tonight. Yum!

This is how it's looking...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:

- Pineapple (S), Mango, Kiwi Fruit (S) and Grapes
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt

Snack:
- Weetabix Chocolate Smasher Oaty Bar (3.5 Syns)

Lunch:
- Pasta with Quorn Meatballs (S) and Vegetables (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S) and Red Onion (S)) in a Spicy Tomato Sauce (Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Crushed Chillies (S))
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt

Snack:
- 25g "Grab2Go" bag of Nestle Cookie Crisp (4.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Pizza Chicken (Chicken Breast (S), Tomato Puree (S), Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Red Onion (S) and Jalapenos (S)) topped with Cheese (HExA). Served with Spicy Potato Wedges and Vegetables (Carrots (S), Broccoli (S) and Sweetcorn)
- Marshmallow and Vanilla Honey Monster "Stix" bar (3 Syns)
- 2 x Weight Watchers Chocolate Digestives (4 Syns)

Supper:
- Peanut Heaven HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B:
1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 15 / 15
Weekly Syns:
29 / 105

Last edited:
Welcome back Stevie! I think your new signature sums it up perfectly; we all have our ups and downs but we'll all get there eventually if we just keep going. Adding pressure of trying to achieve a target by a certain point can be a motivator but it can be detrimental as well. Just keep sticking to plan, we're all here to support you! Oh and my boyfriend want's to thank you for posting about the quorn meatballs, he loves the swedish ones from Ikea but apparently loves the quorn one's more now!

Welcome back Stevie! I think your new signature sums it up perfectly; we all have our ups and downs but we'll all get there eventually if we just keep going. Adding pressure of trying to achieve a target by a certain point can be a motivator but it can be detrimental as well. Just keep sticking to plan, we're all here to support you! Oh and my boyfriend want's to thank you for posting about the quorn meatballs, he loves the swedish ones from Ikea but apparently loves the quorn one's more now!

Thank you lovely! That's definitely true - I set myself these goals but I have now realised that a lot of them are not realistic and they just end up putting pressure on me. Which is when I panic and go off plan and drive myself insane! No more of that, just going to calm down and focus on sticking to plan.

Pleased your OH loves the meatballs! They are one of my faves too - I can't get enough of them. Looking forward to lunch already :)

Back