Diary - in which Hobbit plans to lose 10 stone

Aww good luck Hun. It does get easier once your body is in ketosis. Keep strong chick and you'll get the results on the scales next week xxx?xxx

well done hobbit!! The first few days are the hardest. were all here for you

ask xxxx

Well, that's day one over. Good job because I feel shattered and headachey!

Can't say I am overkeen on the taste of the packs - do you just get used to them?

I am so glad you girls (and the odd guy) are here. There's no way I would do it otherwise!

Speaking of the guys - don't they lose weight quickly - the jammy things!! If ever I see a diary and the weight has gone at lightening speed, I always wonder if its a man - and it usually is!

Well done on starting! :)
The packs do taste funny at first - because they're a sharp contrast to 'real' food which is still very much in your memory! After about 2 weeks you'll have forgotten those tastes to an extent and you get used to the packs... Plus your taste buds will calm down - it's amazing how desensetised your sense of taste is when there is a lot of sugar/salt in the diet. After a while on the packs your sense of smell will become rather... amazing. ;)

First week is the hardest - the carbohydrate and sugar withdrawal are going to be nasty. :( Drink plenty of water and know that the headaches and awful feelings will pass - you WILL be feeling better by Monday, take my word for it! :) It's worth it.
Maybe as motivation stick a few pictures of your wedding dress around the place, especially on the fridge to act as a powerful reminder of your goal.

The journey will be long and difficult, but if others have done it, so can you! Be your own success story! :D

Really well done for starting hobbit, the packs aren't that great but the flavours for water are a god send for me. Totally takes the edge off throughout the day.

Good luck for day 2!!

Ask xx

Lots of water hobbit!!! You can do it!!!!

Packs grow on you, I actually really like them now and worry how I will cope when I dont nee them any longer never thought I would say that lol xx

Glad ur first day went well hun! x

Packs grow on you, I actually really like them now and worry how I will cope when I dont nee them any longer never thought I would say that lol xx

You know what - I loved the porridge pack so much, I even contemplated keeping as a permanent breakfast after I was done 2 years ago! Of course, cost wise it's not efficient - real porridge packs are less calories and MUCH cheaper, but the taste... Mmmm. They're delicious!
Same with the vanilla pack - it's so nice made into a hot mousse... (not with the mousse mixture, just hot water to make it thick :) ).

And those cranberry bars... yuuumm.

:D

I went to my pop in tonight (two days early) and have lost 11lbs. I feel a bit flat though and it is because I am hating the packs so much that I worry I can't continue it.

I love the results everyone is getting (and indeed, myself - there's no way I could have lost this much on week one of a conventional diet). I can deal with the hunger and the self denial (most of the time anyway :rolleyes:) but I really loathe the packs. So much so that I only had two yesterday and have only just forced my second down today (at 9.30pm) and the thought of having to consume the other two tonight makes me feel rather sick. (I know I have to have them though - and won't do it again).

I am so upset about this. I am going to carry on this week, and hope that my tastebuds will come around to my way of thinking, as am sure the second week's loss, while maybe not being 11lbs, would still be very good.

And to top it off, OH is cooking fajitas in the kitchen next to me. :cry:

Aw sorry that you are struggling with the packs, did you speak to your LLC about this. Also have you tried every pack to see if there is one you like, what about the bars, do you like them?

Brillint weightloss tonight though xx

fab weightloss!!!! yea as Lady T mentioned, have you tried the bars?! they are beautiful! x

The packs made me feel really sick during the first couple of weeks. I thought I had picked up a bug I felt so bad one day.

The good news is I'm fine with them now, I have my "favourites". Try all of them and find the ones you can manage best, dont think of them as food, they are not. They are a way to get the fat off fast!!

Keep going - it is so worth it!! xx

Have u tried the veggie soup. That's really nice and one of my favourites and a can certainly recommend the nut fudge and the toffee bars. I used to like the vanilla shake but now I find it too sweet. I drink the banana an the strawberry one.
Absolutely fantastic weight loss so far Hun. It does get easier and the packs will grow on you. Like Hannah says, don't see them as food. Just think of them as a means to an end of getting slim. U can do it Hun. We're all in your corner. Good luck for your second week. Stay strong. Xoxo:-Dxoxo

I agree the bars are lush ...esp the cranberry and raspberry.

I also a vanilla shake in coffee each day. I split the vanilla shake into 2 and mix the one half with a little water (keeping the other half in the pack folded down) and use it as milk in my coffee. I have one half of the pack in my morning coffee and then the other half in afternoon coffee. It really keeps me going and the taste is better then coffee with milk!!!

What packs have you tried huni?

xx

Ha ha Gracielou I do that too lol xx

Morning Hobbit,
Dropped by to say hello as I noticed that we started at the same time and both have a "chunk" of pounds to shift.
When my mate was on LL she absolutely hated the packs and had to force them down. She viewed them as "medicine" rather than food and got through it that way. Hope you have found some that you can at least tolerate. Having a major pull on vanilla with coffee at the momment. Chilli I found was vile, vile vile! but that is me.

Hope things are getting easier. Stick with it, worth it in the end xx

Back