Diary of a binge eater.

Helloo, so I went to that OA group on Tuesday! There are a few weird things that happen like all the 'readings' or certain prayers, and the holding hands at the end. But in general found it really supportive, and thoroughly enjoyed going through all the reading material they gave me.. very helpful!

I've decided to book the next two weeks off SW as holiday and just focus on normal healthy eating without having to think about synning etc (recently if I use near the full amount it tends to send me on a binge for some reason) and also this will take away the pressure of weigh in. Just going to count the days in a row I can go without binging... day one.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Hannah well done, it must of taken a lot of courage to go to oa. I think a break from sw will do you good. All the stuff I've read it tells you not to diet whilst trying to stop binging. If ya keep with oa keep us informed how ya get on xx

Hi Hun well done going to the class x I am on day 2 of being binge free I have decided not to eat any trigger foods that I know I can't just eat one of ;-) & will see how I go. Good luck hopefully you will have day 2 tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm thinking about keeping away from trigger foods but I'm scared ill binge on other things or feel like I can't ever eat trigger foods again.

I'm thinking about keeping away from trigger foods but I'm scared ill binge on other things or feel like I can't ever eat trigger foods again.

Hi kel I know i won't ever be able to eat my trigger foods again but if I can get to target weight again (& stay there lol) its a small price to pay ;-) & I'm not missing out completely cause I can still eat the no added sugar choc & mikados yay. Try cutting out ur trigger foods & see how u get on ;-) good luck xx

So today I've had four small meals. I just felt I needed them as I've done an hours weight training which always leaves me hungry. I just hope this doesn't give a bad result on the scales.

B- weetabix
L- tuna pasta salad
L- veg soup my friend made me, wm bread.
T- tomato pasta bake, ww garlic bread

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- tuna & wheatabix

No snacks.

Syns- wm bread 7, garlic bread 9, mayo 3. Total- 19

I've messed up a bit just realised I've had 3 healthy extras so I've sinned the bread.

Exercise- 1 hour body pump.

Hi kel I know i won't ever be able to eat my trigger foods again but if I can get to target weight again (& stay there lol) its a small price to pay ;-) & I'm not missing out completely cause I can still eat the no added sugar choc & mikados yay. Try cutting out ur trigger foods & see how u get on ;-) good luck xx

For me it would be crisps, chocolate and bread. I may give it a try next week.

Helloo, so I went to that OA group on Tuesday! There are a few weird things that happen like all the 'readings' or certain prayers, and the holding hands at the end. But in general found it really supportive, and thoroughly enjoyed going through all the reading material they gave me.. very helpful!

I've decided to book the next two weeks off SW as holiday and just focus on normal healthy eating without having to think about synning etc (recently if I use near the full amount it tends to send me on a binge for some reason) and also this will take away the pressure of weigh in. Just going to count the days in a row I can go without binging... day one.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Hi Hannah. Well done to you for going :) Yes, I know it can seem weird at first, which is why we say to give it 6 meetings before deciding if it is for you. I really enjoy the calm and peaceful feeling that the meetings give me. I like the regular readings such as the steps and traditions: it sort of grounds it for me. I like listening to other people sharing - I remember at my first meeting having this sudden realisation that I was NOT the only one who felt like I did and behaved as I did around food. :)

For me it would be crisps, chocolate and bread. I may give it a try next week.

My triggers which I don't eat are cheese, crisps, sugar, white flour, and fast food.

Can't even have that. :(. Cheese is the one thing I still miss.

Really stressful/ emiotinally draining day. Fighting the urge to binge managed to resist so far.

B- wheatabix & milk
L- cheese sandwich, bag of French fries.
T-vegetable omelette & beans.

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- bread & wheatabix

Snacks- apple, full punnet of grapes.

Syns- French fries 4.5, Total- 4.5

Exercise- 45 min spin.

One mistake I'm making this week is not measuring healthy extras I'm defo over estimating.

Last edited:
Really stressful/ emiotinally draining day. Fighting the urge to binge managed to resist so far.

B- wheatabix & milk
L- cheese sandwich, bag of French fries.
T-vegetable omelette & beans.

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- bread & wheatabix

Snacks- apple, full punnet of grapes.

Syns- French fries 4.5, hot choc 2 & squirty cream 2. Total- 8.5

Exercise- 45 min spin.

One mistake I'm making this week is not measuring healthy extras I'm defo over estimating.

Hi kel if ur still hungry have a latte & syn the milk, it really fills u up. hope you do manage to resist ur only be annoyed if u give in ;-) I'm on my 3rd binge free day if I can do it so can you :) xx

Hi kel if ur still hungry have a latte & syn the milk, it really fills u up. hope you do manage to resist ur only be annoyed if u give in ;-) I'm on my 3rd binge free day if I can do it so can you :) xx

Thanks ill think ill get through today. Going to bed soon. It's day 3 for me to here's to day 4 :)

Well done Kel, another day down!

I'm off to bed to avoid the munchies aswell lol. The things we do! X

Can anyone tell me roughly how many syns caramel shortcake is from a bakery.

Back