Diary of a binge eater.

Im the same night times are the worst i have to sometimes eat cucumber with an extra light triangle and ham to cure my hungerness lol, or just drinking coffee pretty much kills my appetite :)

Im the same night times are the worst i have to sometimes eat cucumber with an extra light triangle and ham to cure my hungerness lol, or just drinking coffee pretty much kills my appetite :)

I think I need to have a coffee, just had bowl veg stir fry suddenly had a craving for choc thought about going up shop & getting 3 caramel eggs to eat :) god I can smell & taste them eeeek better get kettle on quick xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nights are the worst...all nights. I clearly need a 'night time' hobby like dancing. Have days under control any advice on dealing with the night time binge? Anyone?

My advice would be distraction, I like to read. However if the urge is really strong I can't stop myself. What's also helped me is having a bigger evening meal, Im to full to binge.

I remember years ago when I was dieting I tried to combat the evening munches. I took up knitting as I couldn't munch on snacks while using my hands to knit.

B- wheatabix
L- tuna pasta salad
T- veg quiche & salad

Hex a- milk & cheese
Hex b- wheatabix & tuna

Snacks- banana, sugar snap peas

Syns- go ahead biscuits 7, mayo 2

Exercise- spin class

I've had a really bad few days, its since I've told myself Im not eating trigger foods. It's causing me to binge even more. I'm just going back to sw healthy eating way where I can still eat trigger foods in small amounts.

i've had a really bad few days, its since i've told myself im not eating trigger foods. It's causing me to binge even more. I'm just going back to sw healthy eating way where i can still eat trigger foods in small amounts.
hi kel same here was crap yesterday have decided to leave dieting till i come back from wales on the 16th so will have a fresh start from the 17th, there are 2 birthday parties while i'm there ;) i won't get on internet while i'm away so wil catch up with all of you when i get back xx

hi kel same here was crap yesterday have decided to leave dieting till i come back from wales on the 16th so will have a fresh start from the 17th, there are 2 birthday parties while i'm there ;) i won't get on internet while i'm away so wil catch up with all of you when i get back xx

Enjoy ya hols Hun. Catch up when ya back xx

I've had a really bad few days, its since I've told myself Im not eating trigger foods. It's causing me to binge even more. I'm just going back to sw healthy eating way where I can still eat trigger foods in small amounts.

Sorry you've had such a tough few days - I agree that totally cutting out trigger foods can trigger binges in itself. I know that a big part of my bingeing is linked to a sense of feeling deprived (same with drinking). One strategy that was suggested to me when I was in treatment for my eating disorders was to pick short activity when the urge first hits. So, as so as the compulsion hot, i would get up and walk up and down my staircase at home 5x. Then see if i was still gripped by the compulsion. If I was, I repeated. Got to say it did work on the times I made myself do the first burst of activity. The times it did not work was when I ignored the strategy and went straight ahead and binged.

Sorry you've had such a tough few days - I agree that totally cutting out trigger foods can trigger binges in itself. I know that a big part of my bingeing is linked to a sense of feeling deprived (same with drinking). One strategy that was suggested to me when I was in treatment for my eating disorders was to pick short activity when the urge first hits. So, as so as the compulsion hot, i would get up and walk up and down my staircase at home 5x. Then see if i was still gripped by the compulsion. If I was, I repeated. Got to say it did work on the times I made myself do the first burst of activity. The times it did not work was when I ignored the strategy and went straight ahead and binged.

Thanks Hun will give it a try :)

Terrible week of binging. Completely fell of the wagon. Defiantly gained weight, really uncomfortable stomach, feel sick, tired and bad skin. I want to remember all of this the next time I feel the need to binge.

So the lines drawn, ill take the gain later.

Visiting family today so can't control what's for dinner but I can use syns as today's a new week for me so if it goes a little over I can just count them down weekly.

Just a quick question for all of you, do you know what you want your target weight to be? I've got nine stone six in my head but the last time I weighed that I was 17 and before I had children. I've never been able to reach this and not sure if its to unrealistic. I was thinking of maybe changing it to 10 stone 6 and then if I'm still not happy, pushing it further.

Just a quick question for all of you, do you know what you want your target weight to be? I've got nine stone six in my head but the last time I weighed that I was 17 and before I had children. I've never been able to reach this and not sure if its to unrealistic. I was thinking of maybe changing it to 10 stone 6 and then if I'm still not happy, pushing it further.

My target weight is also 9 stone 6 and I started at 17 stone 3 (so similar to you). It didn't seem realistic when I started but I picked because it is the top of the healthy range of the BMI for my height. Less than 2 stone to go and it is now looking achievable. It may still not be but I'm just going to see how it goes.

I was 9st 7lbs before children but I was 19 then, hardly ate and had an eating disorder and it was still hard to maintain that weight!

Initially when I started SW, I put my target down as 11 stone but now I want to be 10st 7lb as I think its maintainable with my lifestyle and is on the middle of the healthy range for my height. Ultimately, I'll stop when I feel comfortable in myself and in a place that I know is manageable. X

I said 9 but I was 10.8.5 at my first weighing. I'm 4 weeks in and down to 9.13.5 so ill see how I go. I'm 5,5 so it's healthy for my height. X

Back