Diary of a chubby Boons

19/05/12.

*SIGH* ... been a bit fed up of late. Mainly because my losses are so slow. I know it's really good to still be losing each week (apart from my one week maintaining recently) but for someone who has at least 6 stone to lose all together, 1lbs a week seems SO frustratingly slow :sigh: And I was really hoping to feel different in my clothes after losing two stone but I haven't gone down a dress size as of yet and it does feel a bit disheartening.

It's really making me start to hate food. I hate cooking but I do make the effort to, because I really want to lose this weight and I know how happy it will make me... but I REALLY can't stand it at the mo. It's not even that I just want to binge on junk food, if I didn't have to eat AT ALL I just wouldn't.
BUT... I know I have to and I know that it will be worth it in the end even if it takes a long while. So I am eating on plan and eating well - lots of superfree, lots of water, trying to mix up my meals and even been trying to make some SW cakes to keep me interested! Which have been a disaster so far! haha :giggle:But I'm currently soaking some mixed fruit in tea in preparation to make the fruit tea loaf tomorrow and I'm feeling good about this one! Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Anyway... I AM going to stick with SW, there's no question about it. I refuse to ruin all my hard work so far and I know the small loses will all add up to one big one in the end and I'll be SO happy and chuffed with myself.

If I could get my 3 stone award by August 26th I'll be over the moon, I have a wedding to go to and I'd love to feel really great about myself in the pretty dress I bought today (which fits fine now but I would feel so beautiful in it if I was a stone lighter! ;)) 13lb to go so if I do carry on losing 1lb a week I could JUST do it!

I feel a bit better for ranting on here, thank goodness for the internet 'eh?! :D

Time for some reading before sleeps I think - so super excited that the new Charlaine Harris 'Sookie Stackhouse' book came in the post this morning :heartpump:

Nunight! :zz:

21/05/12.

OH WOW! Totally in love with the fruity tea loaf I made! :heartpump: It turned out perrrrrfectly and is so yummy. Defo making again! :D Let's hope I can find another SW that I can actually make! haha.

:wavey:

19/05/12.

*SIGH* ... been a bit fed up of late. Mainly because my losses are so slow. I know it's really good to still be losing each week (apart from my one week maintaining recently) but for someone who has at least 6 stone to lose all together, 1lbs a week seems SO frustratingly slow :sigh: And I was really hoping to feel different in my clothes after losing two stone but I haven't gone down a dress size as of yet and it does feel a bit disheartening.

It's really making me start to hate food. I hate cooking but I do make the effort to, because I really want to lose this weight and I know how happy it will make me... but I REALLY can't stand it at the mo. It's not even that I just want to binge on junk food, if I didn't have to eat AT ALL I just wouldn't.
BUT... I know I have to and I know that it will be worth it in the end even if it takes a long while. So I am eating on plan and eating well - lots of superfree, lots of water, trying to mix up my meals and even been trying to make some SW cakes to keep me interested! Which have been a disaster so far! haha :giggle:But I'm currently soaking some mixed fruit in tea in preparation to make the fruit tea loaf tomorrow and I'm feeling good about this one! Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Anyway... I AM going to stick with SW, there's no question about it. I refuse to ruin all my hard work so far and I know the small loses will all add up to one big one in the end and I'll be SO happy and chuffed with myself.

If I could get my 3 stone award by August 26th I'll be over the moon, I have a wedding to go to and I'd love to feel really great about myself in the pretty dress I bought today (which fits fine now but I would feel so beautiful in it if I was a stone lighter! ;)) 13lb to go so if I do carry on losing 1lb a week I could JUST do it!

I feel a bit better for ranting on here, thank goodness for the internet 'eh?! :D

Time for some reading before sleeps I think - so super excited that the new Charlaine Harris 'Sookie Stackhouse' book came in the post this morning :heartpump:

Nunight! :zz:

21/05/12.

OH WOW! Totally in love with the fruity tea loaf I made! :heartpump: It turned out perrrrrfectly and is so yummy. Defo making again! :D Let's hope I can find another SW that I can actually make! haha.

Sorry you are feeling fed up :bighug:with regards to your weight loss are you eating all your syns and HEX's? I know you said you are drinking lots of water, how much? What about exercising or at least increasing your movement? It all helps. What's this fruity tea loaf? sounds like the Warburton's one that my son and hubbie loves. How many syns is that a slice? Would you share the recipe please? Keep up with the interest in the kitchen! :D

05/06/12.

Sorry for delayed reply! I have not really been in the mood to come online lately and a couple of days this past week I have had a rather ridiculous binge here and there! After the second time I felt SO poorly though so I have learnt my lesson :ashamed0005:

I have 2.5lbs to go until my 2.5 stone award and I am currently still on track for my 3 stone award by the August wedding I'm going to :character00250:
That defo spurs me on. It's WI day today and after my binges I'm not too fussed what the scales say especially now that I'm happily back on track.

The fruity tea loaf is defo more of a cake than a bread but I do REALLY like it. The recipe is below:

Fruity Tea Loaf

4 Syns per slice - makes 15 slices (less if you use the fruit as a HEX)

INGREDIENTS

1 cup cold black tea
227g/8oz dried fruit
227g/8oz self raising flour
2 medium eggs beaten
6 tbsp sweetener

METHOD

• Place the fruit and tea in a mixing bowl and soak for at least 2 hours (best over night)
  • add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently
  • line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper sprayed with fry light
  • Transfer mix to tin
  • bake at 180C/350F/gas mk 4 for 40-50 mins
  • allow to cool slightly, tip out and cut into 15 slices.

I added cinnamon and nutmeg to my last one but you couldn't taste it really and I added quite a lot - shame.

OH MY GOODNESS - my boyf just drank off milk :eek: I feel so sick right now. That's one of the reasons I don't drink cows milk. VOM :sign0137:

Anyway! It's raining and I have the day off - typical! So off to the shops for some bits and bobs, then I will relax with my chap and maybe we'll watch a movie. Then to WI! Fingers crossed the damage isn't too horrific.

12/06/12.

I'm so annoyed at myself at the mo. I have had zero self control this week and don't even want to THINK about how many extra syns I've had. Totally not worth it considering I'm only ONE lb away from my 2.5 stone award :doh: :cry:

SIGH. Well, back on track as of today and doing well so far. The boss brought in cake for everyone in the office and I'm managing to avoid it!
WI tonight and I'm dreading it. But I think staying to group will really help. I've missed the last two weeks staying for group and I do always feel so much more confident in my ability to lose weight when I stay. Because I realise how much I DO want to lose weight and how amazing everyone else is doing and how great people look after losing so much!

So, I will go and see what the damage is tonight and not let it drive me to comfort eating because I'm still on track for my 3 stone award by the August wedding I'm attending and I want to keep it that way. Another shiny sticker and certificate will be a real boost to my self esteem too so really hoping for my 2.5 stone award next week if not this! :fingerscrossed:

It's my birthday is 3 weeks and I can't wait! I do love birthdays :bday: But I know I will be going out to dinner a few times so will have to be really good before and after and make good(ish) decisions so avoid too much damage.

Anyway, I'm rambling and lunch time is nearly over so must get back!

Back