Diary of a desperate girl...

I knowwwww! I think it's because these past two weeks I've had so much on that involves naughty food and drink that it's been hard to motivate myself! I couldn't just think I'll let myself off tonight and then I'll be back on it cos something else would be going on the next day! Oh well, after tonight I can be really good and I'm looking forward! Bring it on :) I've got weigh in tomorrow and I know it's not going to be good but I can just draw a line under it so I'm not too worried. Youre hardcore going to the gym more than once in a day, haha! What's your favourite thing to do? Happy valentines! Hope you have a lovely evening :)

Yeah, just get the bad nights out of your system and back on it!

I haven't been as good with the gym as I wanted to be, honestly I hate the gym! It's something I will make myself do.

I do enjoy swimming though. It's just difficult to fit in as I have a time limit in the morning with opening times and getting to work. I wanted to go for a swim this morning, but the gym only opens at 8 on a Saturday and Mick needed the car at 8:50 (to get to the cinema for Robocop!!!) so I aimed to just go to the gym for a workout but ended up farting about at home and running out of time! Micks gone now so I am just letting my breakfast go down and I will do a workout DVD instead. Dedication eh???

Have a lovely weekend! Xx

2lb on! Ooooops! I feel quite happy though and I feel totally bang on it now. Going to go to the gym, I've thrown away all the left over Chinese from last night so that I don't have it again today, I've ignored the Percy pigs and milk duds that I bought for Mike for V-Day and I'm about to go to tesco to stock up on the good food. I'm also going to plan my week's meals and when I'm going to be gyming,

I feel good!

Yeah, just get the bad nights out of your system and back on it!

I haven't been as good with the gym as I wanted to be, honestly I hate the gym! It's something I will make myself do.

I do enjoy swimming though. It's just difficult to fit in as I have a time limit in the morning with opening times and getting to work. I wanted to go for a swim this morning, but the gym only opens at 8 on a Saturday and Mick needed the car at 8:50 (to get to the cinema for Robocop!!!) so I aimed to just go to the gym for a workout but ended up farting about at home and running out of time! Micks gone now so I am just letting my breakfast go down and I will do a workout DVD instead. Dedication eh???

Have a lovely weekend! Xx

Yes! Absolutely feel back on it now :)

Ahh that's such a shame that you don't enjoy the gym. I quite do for some reason but yes, I'm the same as you in that I love swimming. I tend to do that a lot. I also sometimes do Zumba and/or body combat. Never liked classes but these 2 I do enjoy. Mike got me a calorie burning counter thing at Christmas and if I do one of those classes I burn about 700 cals! Mental.

That is very dedicated! What's your favourite workout DVD?

Yes! Absolutely feel back on it now :) Ahh that's such a shame that you don't enjoy the gym. I quite do for some reason but yes, I'm the same as you in that I love swimming. I tend to do that a lot. I also sometimes do Zumba and/or body combat. Never liked classes but these 2 I do enjoy. Mike got me a calorie burning counter thing at Christmas and if I do one of those classes I burn about 700 cals! Mental. That is very dedicated! What's your favourite workout DVD?

Ooh I want one of those calorie burning things, is it like a wristband or a pedometer or something?

At the moment I like my kettlebell DVD, there are 5 different sessions and only 10 minutes long, so you can do one or two of them. They are actually quite difficult! I have a kickboxing one I have yet to try and also the David Hayes boxercise DVD which I have yet to try. Can you tell what I got for Christmas?!?

Well done at chucking Chinese away, that's a big step! Altho i do fancy a Chinese at the mention of it now!!!!!

Have a great weekend x

Yeah it's this strap that you put around your heart (or in my case, under my boobs) and then I have a little pink watch that goes with it. I've put in my weight, height etc and it measures my heart rate, calories burned and how long I was "in the zone" for. It's really good.

They sound good! I love the idea of the boxercise one, I really want to do that.

Haha oooof, sorry for putting Chinese in your mind! It wasn't really worth it if truth be told ;-)

Yeah it's this strap that you put around your heart (or in my case, under my boobs) and then I have a little pink watch that goes with it. I've put in my weight, height etc and it measures my heart rate, calories burned and how long I was "in the zone" for. It's really good. They sound good! I love the idea of the boxercise one, I really want to do that. Haha oooof, sorry for putting Chinese in your mind! It wasn't really worth it if truth be told ;-)

Sounds good. Can I ask where he got it from please? Xx

I'm pretty sure he got it from Amazon - I'll fish it out of my gym bag and see if I can find the make etc, and then I'll doubled check with mike where he got it from for you.

Yesterday I went to the gym and swam for one hour which I felt good about. I was trying to convince mike to go to the gym with me today but he didn't seem keen so we're going to go up to this beautiful park/lake in a bit and have a little walk. Then I think I'll do some of the exercise bike here.

This morning we went up to Tulse Hill for a vegetarian cooking course, so now I have a few yummy portions of food (mainly lentils which never appealed to me but they taste so good in this stuff we made!) ... The only thing unhealthy about them though is the sunflower oil used. I really don't want to miss out on eating it though. It's only a couple portions and oil can be used as a healthy extra in SW so I might just have that rather than bread. Or I can syn it, i'll have a look bad it is. When I break it down per portion though I'm not actually sure it's got loads of oil in it.

Anyway, off for our walk now! It's such a gorgeous day we don't want to miss it!

Yes charley - he got it from amazon and it's by a company called polar (actually the make could be polar). Hope that helps.

Thanks for that Sarah

It sounds like you had a really energetic and fun weekend! Gym, Swim, Walking!

I love the sound of a cookery course. I wouldn't worry about the oil, just syn it or call it a HEB. I bet it wasn't huge amounts anyway. I like vegetarian food, I am always looking for the best veggie burger, so far I don't think you can beat Wimpy Bean Burger, although Morrisons Nacho Crispy burger is also goood. I made a chickpea burger the other day which was nice, but on Saturday Kitchen on Saturday (obvs!) someone made a quinoa burger. Now am not really a fan of quinoa, but I may just give it a try, they raved about it.

Thanks for that Sarah

It sounds like you had a really energetic and fun weekend! Gym, Swim, Walking!

I love the sound of a cookery course. I wouldn't worry about the oil, just syn it or call it a HEB. I bet it wasn't huge amounts anyway. I like vegetarian food, I am always looking for the best veggie burger, so far I don't think you can beat Wimpy Bean Burger, although Morrisons Nacho Crispy burger is also goood. I made a chickpea burger the other day which was nice, but on Saturday Kitchen on Saturday (obvs!) someone made a quinoa burger. Now am not really a fan of quinoa, but I may just give it a try, they raved about it.

No problem!

it seemed like quite a lot to me but then I rarely use much oil and I rarely cooked 8 portions in one go, haha. Never mind, as you say I don't think it'll be really terrible.

They sound good - I've personally never had those but my favourite "burger" (although it isn't really a burger) is the portobello mushroom and halloumi burger from Nando's. Wowza could I eat about ten of those every day for the rest of my life! Lush. Would just be so easy to make myself! Nom nom nom.

Your cookery course food sounds delicious - yum!!!

It was really good! Had the soup earlier, so gingery! Mmmm. How are you doing lass?

Went swimming again this morning and will go tomorrow morning too. Then I think I'll have a rest until Friday morning so my body can recover before weigh in. I've also eaten semi well today - magic porridge for brekkie with lots of fruit, soup and plain wholemeal toast at lunch and a jacket potato with cheese, beans and sweetcorn at dinner. However, I did have a few pick n mix sweets (although only about 5), I didn't measure my cheese and I had some marg on my potato - so that was a bit naughty. I've had litres upon litres of water though.

All in all an okay day, looking for a better one tomorrow though.

Sooooo tired now!

Ooh I love the vegi burger in Nandos, I haven't had the mush and halloumi one, but I love me some halloumi!!!!

Man you are doing so well with the exercise at the moment, well done you! I have had to stop, which I am annoyed about because I am way in the zone at the mo. My hip is really aching and has been for over a week, I have been continuing to exercise on it, but I think that I have made it worse. So I am resting for the time being and doing gentle stretching. I will be doing some upper body workouts tonight at home tho!

I'm fine. Been away a LONG time and gained loads. Back on it now though - feeling very positive :). Keep up the good work - you're doing great.

Love that you're feeling positive! It wouldn't be called a weightloss journey if there wasn't a few bumpy patches along the way. It'd be called a weightloss slide or something. So major kudos to you for getting back on it!

Ooh I love the vegi burger in Nandos, I haven't had the mush and halloumi one, but I love me some halloumi!!!!

Man you are doing so well with the exercise at the moment, well done you! I have had to stop, which I am annoyed about because I am way in the zone at the mo. My hip is really aching and has been for over a week, I have been continuing to exercise on it, but I think that I have made it worse. So I am resting for the time being and doing gentle stretching. I will be doing some upper body workouts tonight at home tho!

Oh my god, try it! It's incredible.

thank you :) I feel good for doing it but it's kind of making me think 'well I've exercised so it doesn't matter if I have that chewit' - I need to snap out of that!

That sucks about your hip, have you been to do the docs or anything? Good for you doing upper body workouts - I so wouldn't motivate myself for that!

2.5lbs off in 5 days! I was over the moon as I went feeling so deflated (and with a migraine). Still got the ends of it now so I came home from work and been watching greys anatomy all afternoon. Much better than staring at that horrific computer screen.

I even managed to go swimming before work this morning even with a throbbing head! I would have a halo above my head if I didn't come back and eat a few chocolate toffees. Oops.

Urghhhh ... I just made a vegetable curry and as nice as it was my stomach hurts now! Oucccchhhh!

So I've been very good on the exercise front again so far this week. Friday morning, Saturday and this morning I went swimming, and I'm going tomorrow morning too. I even got in all my gym gear to go to Zumba on Sunday but I had to stop off at tesco to buy me some glasses (yep, my news is that after a horrific migraine last week I finally booked myself an eye test - and it turns out I need glasses! £125 later .... :cry: ) anyway ... Buying glasses takes a lot longer than I anticipated so I missed Zumba and so decided to go home as I had a load to sort before going out for lunch that day.

Whiccccch brings me on to my food. Not brilliant so far, but maybe not as terrible as I think. I did go to cafe rouge and couldn't resist some chips, but I got them with prawns in a tomato sauce and a red onion and tomato salad. And then on Sunday I went to nandos, got my mushroom and halloumi pitta with rice and coleslaw so stayed away from chips and mash potato - still could have chosen only one side though couldn't I?! Apart from that I've been alright except for some alcohol and a little bit of choccie :) want to ramp up the amazing eating for the next few days before weigh in, although I have to make some birthday brownies tomorrow. DOH.

Lots of water has been consumed too :)

Hey hun

You are going well! All that exercising! Your food hasn't been too bad either! I have to wear glasses - I have never liked it. I used to wear contacts all the time, but can only wear them at weekends now because they don't agree with my computer screen anymore! Still at least it will stop your migraines tho!

Have a great day!

ps. love the new avatar - you are so pretty!!!

Back