Diary of a desperate girl...

Okay!! I'll have a play and see if they let me do it ... If not I don't mind waiting - it's not fun looking at it when it's right at the front! Thanks for your help.

Just watching this thing on TV about an overweight guy who had surgery so that he can eat whatever he wants but then drain it from himself using a tube that connects to the plug in his tummy and then drains into the toilet! Now that is extreme!! I'm glad I'm trying it this way ...

Switched off to a program now about elephants with Tom Hardy ... Now there's a man I could get skinny for...

I think I did it! Hopefully there's a little ticker below...

Sooo, I haven't had that good a day today. I started off well with bran flakes and a banana, but then the work biscuits and a cupcake found their way into my tummy ... I don't why I do it cos it's not worth the 'disappointed in yourself' feeling. I think because of the weekend ahead, I'm subconsciously thinking why am I even bothering today, but that's so the wrong attitude to have.

I'm going to go to the gym tonight tho to try and diminish that disappointment a bit and then whatever happens over the weekend, happens.

Bleurgh!

Chin up :) We all have false starts and restarts - it's all part of the process. You will get into the zone for a while and you will do well. Just don't get derailed if you are not in the zone, it will click again.

Thanks lass :)

Back from the gym, had a really good work out. The things that I struggled with before I managed to do the whole way through without stopping and I did a lot more weights - feeling good! There's a good chance I'll be aching a lot tomorrow though, but that can only mean good things :)

Wish I could lie in tomorrow but not such luck ... Oh to have such a busy weekend ahead of me!

Back from my hen do weekend! Had a lot of fun and food/drink wasn't too bad - a lot like last weekend. Stopped when I thought was right (didn't stuff my face!), steered clear of ice creams on the beach and didn't drink too much. The weekend was full of dinners out and cooked breakfasts which I know are bad, but I didn't go too overboard.

Looking forward now to really getting started without that feeling of 'I've got a heavy weekend ahead so how much I can I even do' sort of thing. Managed to keep myself away from the scales, tho I think that's because I know I won't have lost haha.

Now for a hard push the rest of the week so that the scales are relatively kind to me on Friday morning. Eeeeee.

I hope everyone has had a lovely bank hol weekend!

Hi Saruk,

Was hoping you wouldn't mind if I stuck my head in, especially as I can share your appreciation for the delectable Tom Hardy ;).

I am slightly shorter than you with not unsimilar goals, I don't have a specific diet really, just eat better and move more I guess?! Glad to hear you had a good weekend and was able to stay with a semi halo!

Good luck for the coming week :)

Hi Saruk,

Was hoping you wouldn't mind if I stuck my head in, especially as I can share your appreciation for the delectable Tom Hardy ;).

I am slightly shorter than you with not unsimilar goals, I don't have a specific diet really, just eat better and move more I guess?! Glad to hear you had a good weekend and was able to stay with a semi halo!

Good luck for the coming week :)

Hey traveljody - absolutely no problem at all, lovely to have you here!

Absolutely, and it looks like we have something else in common - how about Tom Hardy with a little peanut butter? ;-) good luck to you too. Looks like we've got the same sort of idea on losing weight - good eating and a more active lifestyle!

good luck for the rest of your week too! Hope all goes well! Have you picked the 27th April as a goal date for any particular reason? If you don't mind me asking .... And you've put 2013 rather than 2014 by the way :)

and lass321 - absobloodylutely!

TH & PB, now you are talking!!

I am SO glad you mentioned the goals, just realised that not only am I now capable of time travel, that the goal on my profile thing doesn't tie up to my diary, doh. Better go get those sorted :eek:

27th April is the day before we leave for a very niiiiice holiday and I want to be happy of pictures of me for a change, seemed as good an idea as any lol

Edit - changed my goal date to be 1 year from now as I've got over 50lbs to lose - zoinks!

Last edited:
Haha, time travel would be good - then I could go back to my skinny version and give her a little pep talk or two.

sounds good! I'd love to have a holiday to work towards ... But I go away in about 3 weeks! Where are you off to?

You could get pretty close to 50lbs by end of April - I've got 100lbs to lose which I want to do in a year!, I'm hoping big task = big results. We'll see!

Okay, so I know I shouldn't have, but I went on the scales this morning to see what damage the weekend had and I weighed in at 16st 6lbs!! How could I have gone up 9lbs in 4 days? I was being pretty well behaved! I don't understand, that's such a huge amount :(

Ultimate sad face.

believe me that weight will come off as quick as it went on hun! i dont consider gains like that true weight as alot of it will be water weight! i bet if your good today u will be atleast 2lb down by tommorrow & a huge chunk if not all gone by next week! did u enjoy your wknd? x

God, I hope so mate! I don't understand how it could have been such a big number, especially as i was so much better behaved than the other girls and I bet they didn't put on anything like that. Never mind. Lets hope you're right! Thanks for your encouragement :)

it was a lot of fun thanks! Really enjoyed but am shattered now. Looking forward to a chilled out weekend. How was yours?

Reaaaaally? Ahh, I hope so! No more weighing until Friday and hopefully you'll all be right and I haven't broken the record formost weight gained in the shortest amount of time.

I read on MFP (I think) about someone who weighed herself every day, now I found it interesting because it's always been drummed into me that it's a BAD thing to do and can only lead to the end of the world blah blah BUT, she put a little chart up and it was interesting to see that at certain times of the month, and even week, her weight peaked. She said by charting daily she had learnt whether she was in the middle of a 'bigger' phase and so never felt bad about a lb or 2 heavier.

Makes sense when you say it like that! Also triple and hundred check that your scales haven't moved or have grit under the feet. My weight can vary by about 6lbs if I dare move the scales an inch - crazy!

Back