Diary of a desperate girl...

Haha thank you! I'd love another week like last week but it won't happen, off to Devon tomorrow for a few days for my grandma's funeral and it's going to be a bit of emotional one, as well as lots of eating out with the fam. And less gym opportunity. So I'd be chuffed with a couple of pound.

oh no! I hate that! I hope you managed to steer clear :)

I hope your trip to Devon is as pleasant as it can be given the circumstances. I am sure your momentum will continue from this week :)

Thanks Jody :)

Food wise it was quite difficult as we had food from the hotel restaurant the first night, breakfast at the hotel, a buffet lunch and leftovers for dinner. So although I didn't eat loads or anything I had to kind of just grab whatever was available to me as a veggie. And I'll admit, I did cave to the odd glass of wine (and one baileys! Mmmm) but I'll forgive myself for that. I went swimming today when I got back and then I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow eve too. Hoping that I won't have gained on Thursday, but we'll see! I'm going to make some tomato and basil soup, hopefully tomorrow eve to sort my out for lunches and then I might do some more fishcakes for din dins. I'm definitely better behaved when I plan ahead!

What is the saying - failing to prepare is preparing to fail? I agree that planning ahead means miles less temptation and it means you can usually get a better balance in what you are eating too.

I am sure a glass one wine won't have hurt, I even had a bucks fizz the other night, I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it. I am very impressed with your soup making efforts too, I wish I could be good at things like that but I lack the motivation and because I am always struggling for time I tend to rush it and then it turns out rubbish :(. I will keep my fingers crossed for WI tomorrow :character00116:

Yeah exactly. I'm definitely going to make food this weekend to keep me on track in the week. I want a really good loss next week, so I'll behave well, have lots of water and exercise.

Haha if only it were one glass though! I've only just started making soup, have only done two batches. They're not fabulous but I just stick chilli in them and I'm happy :) going to try tomato and basil at the weekend as I still haven't got round to it.

just got back from my weigh in - lost 2lbs which I'm really chuffed with as it's been such a hard week. And I'm all spurred on for a really good week to come. Whooooop! Over half a stone lost in 2 weeks ... :-/ not sure how to feel about that though.

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate ... I love this weightloss stuff :)

Have had an okay weekend - have done exercise but I have also had an afternoon tea based baby shower to attend and a couple of glasses of wine. However, the OH got a Chinese takeaway last night and I steered clear and had homemade, very healthy soup instead! *beams with pride*. I'm all ready for an extra healthy week for a good loss on Thursday. Fingers crossed!

You are my hero. My OH also got a Chinese last night and I could not resist :eek:

Are you still making your own soups? I realised this week that I am no good with smooth soups, they have to have chunks of veg etc in them! I am most definitely weird!

Haha, it was difficult! Why do they do it to us?!

i do! Just made tomato and basil soup and I love it. Also - you're not weird! I like that too! I keep a little bit of the softened veg aside and put it back in after I've puréed the rest of it! Especially good with tomatoes, nom nom nom.

Sounds like your doing really well :)

Thanks escapade!

I'm doing okay. I got home from work today and was quite up for going swimming, but then nobody wanted to go with me and it was dark, cold and rainy so I decided to just got on the exercise bike at home, haha. And it was soooo hard! It has something that stops the momentum that normal bikes have so it feels like you're going uphill the whole time. I still managed 11.5k (25 minutes) ... I couldn't even do 5 minutes before. I do still feel so unfit though! Annoying.

Going to make some more soup tonight too, mmmmm

Hard to get motivated to go out to the gym when its all cold and rainy isn't it. I really do need to do more exercise!

Yeah it really is! I love it when I'm in the warm pool though and I can see a storm blowing outside, really cosy weirdly!

I have to say I'm so glad I've got back into exercise. I feel so much better in just two months, I have so much more energy and my mood! Where I was getting really stroppy before, hardly anything fazes me now. It's like I've just come out of puberty ... (At 25!)

I braved the rain and made myself go to Zumba! I try not to even think about it, home, change, snack and go, easier that way :D

What's much, much harder is resisting the Cadbury Fudge bar that is precariously perched on the edge of the dining table!

Yeah, if it was a class I'd be straight there! But with swimming I like going later cos I don't have to fight for space in the pool ... One of the downsides of swimming ... The other being having to sort out the hair afterwards! Loooong!

I braved the rain and made myself go to Zumba! I try not to even think about it, home, change, snack and go, easier that way :D

What's much, much harder is resisting the Cadbury Fudge bar that is precariously perched on the edge of the dining table!

At least yours is only a fudge bar. I have a family size Cadbury's Chocolate with hazelnuts in the freezer. I'm telling myself if it's frozen it'll damage my teeth to eat it. :)

At least yours is only a fudge bar. I have a family size Cadbury's Chocolate with hazelnuts in the freezer. I'm telling myself if it's frozen it'll damage my teeth to eat it. :)

Did you manage to resist? I am sure I saw 'resistance' listed as an exercise on my fitness pal ya know ;)

Ah Saruk, the hair thing I so totally get! Mine is (was) a mix of vaguely wavey and wayward, I was having to dry and straighten it every time I showered and it took ages and was really grinding me down. So I had it permed :D, it's SO much easier now and I was doing it curly a lot anyway.

Hope you had a good day chick, I won't spill all on here but I'm 'playing' at SW so will be leafing through your diary on MFP for ideas!

Ooooh, did you? I don't really know much about perms - so you can get it wet and stuff and it dries curly and non-frizzy? I basically have hair that's a cross between hermione granger and hagrid - very thick and if I blow dry it I look like a monster. I'm quite fond of it when it's straight as it is so thick but I'd love to be able to do hair that's kind of straight at the top and curly at the bottom - a bit Kate Middleton. So I curl the bottom of it and I get that effect ... For about 5 minutes. It's so heavy it just drops out straight away. Can you perm it so that it's like that?

Ohhhh mate I am so the worst person for food inspiration, especially as I'm a veggie! My food consists of fruit for breakfast, soup, salad or Ryvita at lunch and some fish related thing in the eve. I'm so bad at MFP too, at the weekends I don't often fill it in cos chances are I'll be eating at a friend's house and I just can't be arsed to find out what was in it, or I just enter in the easiest things I can find and accept chances are I've messed it up a bit, haha. So the only recipes I can give you are for lemon chicken (with fake chicken, but easily substituted), soups or fishcakes. Also, I have a lot of egg! As it's free on SW and I love it. I really hope you like SW!

so I've had an okay day today ... Did have a couple of treats at work as it was my friend's birthday, but I stayed away from chocolate and cake, and I was so hungry before I went swimming that it completely succumbed to a lovely soft, bouncy white bap :-/ but I had had hardly any calories and was going swimming so I thought it'd be okay :)

Shattered now! So I'm in bed with Aladdin on ... Classic!!

Did you manage to resist? I am sure I saw 'resistance' listed as an exercise on my fitness pal ya know ;)

Ah Saruk, the hair thing I so totally get! Mine is (was) a mix of vaguely wavey and wayward, I was having to dry and straighten it every time I showered and it took ages and was really grinding me down. So I had it permed :D, it's SO much easier now and I was doing it curly a lot anyway.

Hope you had a good day chick, I won't spill all on here but I'm 'playing' at SW so will be leafing through your diary on MFP for ideas!
Hee hee - I must be good at resistance training - the chocolate bar is still there!!!

Back