Diary of a first timer!

Thank you 😘 So I got through yesterday without an evening binge and it wasn't difficult at all. So far, so good today as well! No tv and keeping myself busy yesterday evening worked...and so I'll do the same this evening. 💪

It's funny how just typing up how you're feeling can clear things up in your head and helps focus yourself on what you're trying to achieve. All your tips are v much appreciated. This would be a lonely road without them! X

Thank you 😘 So I got through yesterday without an evening binge and it wasn't difficult at all. So far, so good today as well! No tv and keeping myself busy yesterday evening worked...and so I'll do the same this evening. 💪

It's funny how just typing up how you're feeling can clear things up in your head and helps focus yourself on what you're trying to achieve. All your tips are v much appreciated. This would be a lonely road without them! X
Yay! Happy for you. Don't know if you like bath bombs or bubble baths but you can always have those on chilled no-tv evenings also:) i started doing that as a replacement also.
It would indeed be lonely. Thankful you are all here. Good luck todayxxxx

Hi there. I think writing about our journeys really helps. And the support of others. I moved where my partner stores his nuts and crisps so it wasn't in the "usual" cupboard. Just that was enough disruption to the habit of "having a little look" to give me time to think again. Sometimes, I have another sachet if actually hungry (mine are lower cal/carb than yours - 5 a day at the start). I also had to ask him to take the sweet things away and hide them elsewhere (not in the kitchen). I'm sure I could find them - but haven't tried yet....

So I've had a decent few days and I'm trying to weedle out the old bad habits and find distruptions and distractions to keep me on track, but yesterday I felt quite stressed and a bit down....i got to 6pm on two shakes, then I binged. I feel pretty upset this morning about having done it but I'm trying to tell myself the important thing is that I'm refusing to give up and completely throw in the towel. I cannot face going fully back to my old ways. Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues were good days. I stuck to either 3 - 4 shakes plus a coffee.

I feel like it's all a bit messy and I'm still trying to find that thing that 'clicks' and then I'll be away. I remember in my early twenties I lost weight and I don't really know how, something just 'clicked' and for a while it was like junk food didn't exist to me. I'm hoping I can find whatever that 'click' is again.

In the meantime - here I go again...3 shakes today to get back in the saddle. And finding something to lift my mood. Thems the goals today.

Hey lovely don’t give yourself a hard time.

I found as this is my 2nd journey on a VLCD my advice is this.

Emotion and distress cause the majority of hunger

I have always moved between 600 cals (3 packs) and 800 cals (3 packs plus 1 200 cal meal) this has helped me plan and stick to plan and stay in ketosis. Today I ate for example chicken breast and green salad.

If you fall off plan just get back on, keep notes of what the trigger was to eat and then think about ways this could be manage in the future building insight.

Back