Diary of a gym bunny wannabe!

Hello!

I thought it may be early to start diary as I have only just managed to contact my local consultant today- however it might be good to get this started so that i can look back at the former (rounder) me!

I will be starting on Thursday this week (eek!) and have my sister to thank for pointing me in the direction of CD. I have two sisters, one of which is a gym addicted energy machine! (I wish I had her natural petit appetite to go with the petit frame!) the other, who is more like me, has always had a fluctuating weight and after trying Celeb slim and WW has finally come across a mixture of the two that has (so far) worked!! I WANT THAT TOOO! so this weekend I have taken the plunge and got the ball rolling! My sister (the CD one) has recommended that I take a look on here to see all of the inspirational stories and pictures and to start my journey with CD with a motivational diary.

I am nervous and excited, I am looking forward to having the guess work taken away from me (I exercise but then i treat myself and overshoot!). I have 4 stone to lose, though that may change on my first weigh in, after losing 21lbs on Celeb slim and WW (taking well over a YEAR!!!) I am DETERMINED to get to goal! :innocent0001:

I start a new job, and leave the old one, in 3 weeks time- so it will be interesting how i react to the change and how i fit CD into my new job- it is still a 9-5 but training and concentration will be needed, so drink plenty of water then i guess?????:confused:

ALSO the office i work in at the moment is MASSIVELY nosey when it comes to diets, my manager lost an incredible amount on LL and another colleague has seen her weight yoyo and is now starting CD for the 3rd perhaps 4th time- so anytime a packet of crisps is rustled or a whiff of cake is picked up by either of them then they are like rabid dogs with many many questions and disapproval- They think they are the gurus of diets and that you NEED their opinion even if you don't want it!!! I am worrying about being judged!!! How can I have the shakes without the many eyes looking at me??? has any one else experienced this? will it be a case of talking to my manager and saying 'I am on the CD programme, I would appreciate if it is not broadcasted'???

I hope that you are all getting on well and hope to join you soon! I will try to update my diary weekly and will let you all know about the office of many opinions!!

Right! Off to Prep!! water drinking and carb avoidance to curb the carb withdrawal and hit the ground running for the ketosis!! Thursday cannot come soon enough!

ta ra x

Welcome ReadySteadyGoooo! Lol! Loving the username :p

Looks like you have it all planned out, you sound very determined! I look forward to seeing how you get on :) x

Thank you :) I've been stuck una rut for so ling thinking I will never lose rose 4 stone, but reading so many amazing journeys has really spurred me on! I can't wait to start (i'm very impatient hehe) :)

Wow, my phone has auto corrected oddly! I will def get back on the laptop for my weekly updates!! :)

Lol! The results definitely do speak for themselves! Its tough but its worth it! x

Hello!

I thought it may be early to start diary as I have only just managed to contact my local consultant today- however it might be good to get this started so that i can look back at the former (rounder) me!

I will be starting on Thursday this week (eek!) and have my sister to thank for pointing me in the direction of CD. I have two sisters, one of which is a gym addicted energy machine! (I wish I had her natural petit appetite to go with the petit frame!) the other, who is more like me, has always had a fluctuating weight and after trying Celeb slim and WW has finally come across a mixture of the two that has (so far) worked!! I WANT THAT TOOO! so this weekend I have taken the plunge and got the ball rolling! My sister (the CD one) has recommended that I take a look on here to see all of the inspirational stories and pictures and to start my journey with CD with a motivational diary.

I am nervous and excited, I am looking forward to having the guess work taken away from me (I exercise but then i treat myself and overshoot!). I have 4 stone to lose, though that may change on my first weigh in, after losing 21lbs on Celeb slim and WW (taking well over a YEAR!!!) I am DETERMINED to get to goal! :innocent0001:

I start a new job, and leave the old one, in 3 weeks time- so it will be interesting how i react to the change and how i fit CD into my new job- it is still a 9-5 but training and concentration will be needed, so drink plenty of water then i guess?????:confused:

ALSO the office i work in at the moment is MASSIVELY nosey when it comes to diets, my manager lost an incredible amount on LL and another colleague has seen her weight yoyo and is now starting CD for the 3rd perhaps 4th time- so anytime a packet of crisps is rustled or a whiff of cake is picked up by either of them then they are like rabid dogs with many many questions and disapproval- They think they are the gurus of diets and that you NEED their opinion even if you don't want it!!! I am worrying about being judged!!! How can I have the shakes without the many eyes looking at me??? has any one else experienced this? will it be a case of talking to my manager and saying 'I am on the CD programme, I would appreciate if it is not broadcasted'???

I hope that you are all getting on well and hope to join you soon! I will try to update my diary weekly and will let you all know about the office of many opinions!!

Right! Off to Prep!! water drinking and carb avoidance to curb the carb withdrawal and hit the ground running for the ketosis!! Thursday cannot come soon enough!

ta ra x

From my experience you can't really get around the office opinions, it lasted about 2 weeks for me. I tried to keep it as normal as possible at first - porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch... But as soon as someone sees the calories on a pack that's it they're off!

It does however quickly turn to compliments!

But eventually into concern- oh you're still doing it, maybe you should stop etc etc.

You just have to ignore them, a lot of the time it's jealousy, so just let it wash over you. It's for you, and for you only so forget everyone else!

So go for it! And keep us updated with how you're getting on!

X

Thank you CrazyDiamond, spoke to the girl in the office who is starting CD again, she was really supportive so hopefully we can support eachother for my last few weeks there!

I took some photos today to save them for when they are needed later on, it was not a nice experience, but hopefully the last time i will see those rolls! It WILL be the last time i see those rolls!!!

I willkeep you all updated :) x

Thank you CrazyDiamond, spoke to the girl in the office who is starting CD again, she was really supportive so hopefully we can support eachother for my last few weeks there!

I took some photos today to save them for when they are needed later on, it was not a nice experience, but hopefully the last time i will see those rolls! It WILL be the last time i see those rolls!!!

I willkeep you all updated :) x

That's awesome! I've never met anyone in real life who is on it! Crazy really, that'll be great support!!

Make sure you take plenty with clothes on, I want to show pictures to people from before now, but I took most in a bikini which I will never share lol

X

So today is day 1 for you RSG? How are you feeling?

Well done for taking before shots, and as CrazyDiamond said, take lots of pics in clothes too. I sadly didn't and really regret it lol but I do have some shots of me from xmas so I should still be able to compare.

Glad you have found someone that is also doing CWP! Moral support makes a massive difference (and a little healthy competition is also good lol) x x x

Yes- Today is DAY1!! I had my weigh in with my lady yeasterday, and after my prep (no carb/low carb and 3 litres of water) I have lost 4lbs since saturday before i have even begun!!! hopefully this means i will slide into ketosis easily, i have had a niggling headache and fruity breath for the last couple of days so who knows!! Unfortunately my CDC is off on holiday next week but has squeezeed me in on Monday for a 4 day update to iron out any queries before she hops off for 2 weeks. I had the Toffee and walnut shake for dinner last night which tasted to me like cake mix, YUM! this morning I had the porridge, it tasted like sMash instant mash potato with a few oaty bits on top- I am really not sure if I liked it but I will definately try one of the sweeter versions- any suggestions? My sister who is on CWP LOVES it, she said it tastes like semolina pudding, she also has/had an unusual addiction to potato so perhaps this is really why she loves it so much???!:)

I have manged to get to 10:23, not feeling hungry but my tummy is rumbling SO loudly:eek: and disturbing the office! luckily there is a water dispenser in the office that does sparkling, so perhaps i should get on the water drinking! I am not sure if the bubbles will just make it worse?

XSherrie.ChointelleX- I tried to see if i had any body shots on facebook, couldnt find one!! just goes to show how subconsciously my weight has affected me- i dont consciously take myself out of pictures and i like to think i dont mind having my photo taken- obviously this is not the case!!!

I hope you all have a great week!! I will keep you updated! xxxx LOVE :D

Well done on the 4lb loss already! Wow! I take it you wont be weighed for the whole 2 weeks once your lady has left? That would be amazing incentive as imagine the total loss over a two weeks period! That would give me a huge boost no doubt about that! Also, why don't add the 4lb loss to the other 4 days on CWP and have that as an overall first week loss, coz technically it is! All losses should be accounted for, after all, its your hard work still!

I really liked both the apple and cinnamon and the maple and pecan porridges. I don't have them anymore as I am so used to just shakes and bars, but they are nice.

I hate my pic being taken, I only every really do head shots of myself if I want to update a recent one, I can't wait to start doing full length ones in lovely outfits :) x x x

Yes- Today is DAY1!! I had my weigh in with my lady yeasterday, and after my prep (no carb/low carb and 3 litres of water) I have lost 4lbs since saturday before i have even begun!!! hopefully this means i will slide into ketosis easily, i have had a niggling headache and fruity breath for the last couple of days so who knows!! Unfortunately my CDC is off on holiday next week but has squeezeed me in on Monday for a 4 day update to iron out any queries before she hops off for 2 weeks. I had the Toffee and walnut shake for dinner last night which tasted to me like cake mix, YUM! this morning I had the porridge, it tasted like sMash instant mash potato with a few oaty bits on top- I am really not sure if I liked it but I will definately try one of the sweeter versions- any suggestions? My sister who is on CWP LOVES it, she said it tastes like semolina pudding, she also has/had an unusual addiction to potato so perhaps this is really why she loves it so much???!:)

I have manged to get to 10:23, not feeling hungry but my tummy is rumbling SO loudly:eek: and disturbing the office! luckily there is a water dispenser in the office that does sparkling, so perhaps i should get on the water drinking! I am not sure if the bubbles will just make it worse?

XSherrie.ChointelleX- I tried to see if i had any body shots on facebook, couldnt find one!! just goes to show how subconsciously my weight has affected me- i dont consciously take myself out of pictures and i like to think i dont mind having my photo taken- obviously this is not the case!!!

I hope you all have a great week!! I will keep you updated! xxxx LOVE :D

That's so awesome, I had lasagne AND pizza AND dessert the night before I started, but in all fairness it was New Year's Eve!! 4lbs, wow, who needs CWP lol, ok, we all do! Sounds like you're already in ketosis! Get yourself some ketostix - I find them really reassuring!

Sparkling water dispenser??!! I am SO jealous, what so of posh office do you work in!!!

That's so awesome, I had lasagne AND pizza AND dessert the night before I started, but in all fairness it was New Year's Eve!! 4lbs, wow, who needs CWP lol, ok, we all do! Sounds like you're already in ketosis! Get yourself some ketostix - I find them really reassuring!

Sparkling water dispenser??!! I am SO jealous, what so of posh office do you work in!!!

Lol I had a mahhoooosive chinese the night before I started! Couldn't even finish it all and that is so unlike me! Or should I say 'was' so unlike me? Lol! x

Spoke to my sister and she had a massive pizza the night before she started, sounds like a I missed a trick there! I'm on day three, I have moments of weakness at bout 3pm but they pass with a cup of black tea and a glass of water, so I am managing 3 shakes a day.

Stupidly I weighed myself this morning and disappointingly have only lost only 3lbs...now typing that out that is silly of me- 3lbs in 3 days, that is pretty damn good! plus as you say I should add that to the 4 that have already gone THIS WEEK, so 7lbs thats pretty darn good considering i was struggling to lose 2lbs on weight watchers for my mini goal!!! but i will try to forget that i even looked at the scales this morning and i will wait for my weigh in tomorrow- any weigh-ins i do myself will not count from now on!! my scales cannot be trusted and I cannot be trusted to react positively! I am sooooo impatient!!!

Though I am not sure if I should up myself to 4 shakes?? would that make a difference or will my body get used to three and start burning the fat in a bit? Im thinking perhaps my body is panicking at the moment? I took the dog for a walk yesterday, it was leisurely until the end but was at least 40minutes so perhaps i should have had 4 yesterday..... I think I will wait it out a bit longer, see how i go tomorrow and soldier on!

Also- I have been drinking green tea with jasmine- are we allowed floral teas? I know we can have herbal and some fruit (though citric acid affects some peoples ketosis) hmmmh, I will do more research.....

xx

Yeah- it's PLUMBED in too! plus we have a boiling water dispenser so that we can make pots of tea non stop!! shame i leave in 2 weeks though!! I will miss the posh water!

Stick it out chick as once you are in the full swing of ketosis the hunger pangs and boredom should go. Honestly I am at the point now where I sit down in the evening and then remember that I have still got a shake left to have, I literally am reminding myself lol!

7lbs is fantastic!!! Like I said, when you get weighed tomorrow, add that sum to the 4lbs you lost yourself because that should definitely count too. Stay focused. If you need any help or persuasion to keep going just come to Minimins! We will all be here to help!

Im actually not too sure about the floral teas??? x x x

Ok so Day 4

I had my second meeting with my lady- unfortunately it is sooner then i would have wanted as she is off on holiday- If I count the weight loss since last Sunday I am half a stone lighter! That is AMAZING! a little annoyed at myself for not losing more over the weekend, but I am just being harsh on myself- I drank plenty of water and stuck with it! I think I was probably in ketosis last week, but I had some carbs for breakfast on Thursday which probably kicked me out so it is harder to get back in. Hopefully I will get back in over the next couple of days. I have ordered some test strips which will help me keep focused, i have read that some people go the whole way without reaching ketosis, but it would be nice! :)

My next weigh in is not until the 12th June, so I am going to do a mini (I dont really trust my home scales, they lie a lot) weigh in next sunday to keep me going! it seems worth it sticking to it OBVIOUSLY, just think in a couple of weeks time i could be in the 12's!!

LOVE x

just re checked my diary, i was 13.13 this time last week, but i have only lost 6.5lbs over the week- so NOT QUITE half a stone, how FRUSTRATING!!!!! :mad:GAR! well, I will just have to lose more wont I!! x

Stupid scales lol. I hate having mine in the bathroom, I'm always hopping on and off them. Sounds like your having a good week so far. :)

My poor dogs legs must w half an inch shorter the amount she's been walked :)

Be proud!!! 6.5lbs/7lbs is amazing!!! The first week always has you feeling frustrated because its the toughest week so you want the biggest results and when you dont get them you feel deflated, but please dont be. You have done brilliantly!

Once ketosis fully kicks in you will be flying through it and wondering where the weeks are going lol x x x

Back