Diary of a lumpy girl

cerysmt

Hey everyone!
My names Cerys and 2 days ago I started SnS. Just thought I'd give an update on how it's going and ask a few questions.

Day 1
Porridge for breakfast - it came out all gloopy and mainly milk...really not to my taste! Chocolate truffa bar for lunch (yum yum), choc shake mid afternoon (okay) and spag bol for dinner (better than I was expecting).
Okay, less than 24 hours and I cracked. I was really craving hot, buttery toast...had 2 pieces and instantly regretted it.
Got about 1.5 litres of water in, which is good for me!

Day 2
Attempted porridge again...still gloopy but not as bad - definitely don't like it though. Bar again for lunch, summer fruits shake mid afternoon (LUSH) and spag bol for dinner.
I again cheated slightly and had one of those Hartley 10 cal jelly pots - I saw there's citric acid in them, but is it enough to slow down getting into ketosis? Was sort of thinking cal wise over carb but now after reading over these forums it seems it's definitely carbs.

Day 3
Given up on porridge, will have to eBay it. Had my choccy bar for breakfast, hazlenut shake for lunch (yum) and spag bol for dindins. I had an apple in work this evening, thinking "oh it's an apple what harm can it do" - then I Googled the carb content! So now I'm feeling mega guilty again.

So far - no headaches, lots of peeing...don't think I'm near ketosis yet. I've cheated slightly and I find it hard to lose weight because I've got the contraceptive implant (periods are way too bad to even think about taking it out unfortunately).

I'm really fussy with veg - only like carrots, peas and sweetcorn - none of which are low carb it seems :(

I'd like tomorrow to be a full day without any cheating - I've ordered some cottage pies so debating having bars for breakfast, cottage pie for lunch, shake for mid afternoon and then spag bol for dinner and alternate between the meals.

So that's me :) can't wait to get to know you all!

Cerys x

Hiya hun welcome to s&s. Ok so here we go...
You gotta stick to the plan 100% if u want it to work, only eating ur allowed items stated, i also made the mistake of buying fruit and veg then realising oops its not on the list for a reason!
The sooner u stop cheating the quicker u will get into ketotis and wont have to cheat, then the lbs will drop off, which is what u want :D

Im the same with porridge dont like it atall, dont like cottage pie either, its abit trial and error, everybodys different :)

I am too fussy with veg lol but i have learned to like eating a chkn salad at night, its now the only thing that keeps me going!!

And again im the same with the pill, im on the depo and after like 5 years even my nurse admitted it is preventing me to lose the weight i should, i stayed on it though as it stopped my periods which used to be really bad BUT on s&s it seems to change ur hormones and i had my totm for the first time in nrly 5 years last week :O !!!

Very best of luck with today, i hope u manage to do it without cheating and well done on ur water intake so far, i really struggle with that. keep me posted how ur getting on :) xxxx

Hello!!! Well done on doing three days.. Agree with stef2009. You have to stick to it. Easier said than done I know.. But you could have done much worse and you keep pulling yourself back on the wagon so well done.

Heres to a 100% day 4!!

Day 4 completed not only without cheating but with having 3 sachets not 4! That's the guilt for me lol.

I've come across some carb free snacks here and wondering whether to try and alternate that with the sachets, just for variety or when I'm super hungry.

Really want to hit ketosis now, but today has been a lot more bearable than days 1-3 so maybe it's coming.

Cerys x

First few days are genuine hunger but after that it only gets easier! I had a few cheats before I realised I was prolonging getting into the bliss state that is ketosis! You'll be ok. I'm normally on a 28 day cycle but I'm experiencing pmt a week before and I only get it a day or 2 tops before I start but I'm not due until end of next week. Hormones eh? :)

Well done!!!! It is very hard the first few days and youve done a whole day now on the straight and narrow thats brill!
Yes they have come bk but not really bad as im still on the injection.. So dont worry too much :)
Hope u have a great day today xxx

Just ordered some carb free jelly, some bbq soy nuts, apple and cinnamon porridge (around 130 cals same as SnS) and carb free bbq sauce.

Did another full day today, and only had 2 things during the day so added some mini chicken fillets (95g) with my evening cottage pie, with worcester sauce and chicken herbs...yummy!

My chest is feeling pretty bad though, and my throat for the past few days feels a bit "closed", not sure what's going on there. Water intake hasn't been as good today, started a new job, and also had an interview for another job and got called later the same day with an offer! Oh the joys of being a student and needing 2 jobs :(

Hows everyone elses day been?

Cerys x

photo12mr.jpg

I did send a new comment for this but don't know what's happened...anyway, yesterday went okay, had 2 sachets in the day plus cottage pie with 90g of grilled chicken. But today, as you may have seen on my other post, isn't such a good day...had the choc crispy shake earlier though and that was nice.

So far just had that and some coke zero...because of the bad period pains and spotting at the moment, I'm debating whether to eat a "proper" meal this evening. Going to the cinema and there's a chicken place nearby, so may have skinless chicken for the protein, and perhaps a baked potato as they're much lower in carbs than anything fried or even rice it seems.

Chicken with chargrilled style herbs and cottage pie splashed with worcestershire sauce...pretty damn good!

photo12mr.jpg

Cant see any imagine hun x

Ohhh that looks good! I couldnt eat the cottage pie though, nearly threw up!! lol xx

It's so funny seeing my typical dinner on someone elses pic! Chicken looks scrumptious!

hey hun how u doing? a few of us got a sore throat in the first 2 weeks, bit weird not sure why lol xx

not so bad, the cramps have gone and period stopped...so really it only lasted about a day and a half. So I'm going to stick to the diet. 5lbs loss this week, not as amazing as others 1st weeks but there we are!

Thanks for asking x

Back