Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Hello, just subscribing :)

Don't worry about the weekend. Today is a new week and life is for living, we all have slips up every now and then but its not the end of the world.

Oh my god Mandy what are you like lol

You are gonna have to get rid of all the goodies and wine out of your house if you want this to work,
I'm just like you, I have no will power at all so I emptied all the presses when I started this diet. . If the hubby wants treats tell him to eat them outside the house.
It's a great pity we don't live close to each other cos i think we are kindred spirits..... Sorry Spirits ... I'm still talking about alcohol lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a hopeless case Moira!
I was so pleased with myself at the weekend because I felt slimmer, and now I've gone and messed it all up again. I think I need to stick to sw, the trouble with ww is you can have anything, so I do. With sw I know I can't, so I don't, if that makes sense.
I'll be gutted if I'm back over 11st on Wednesday :(

Tuesday 30th July - GREEN DAY!

I've decided to go back to my green days, unless I'm out, then I'll do a ww counted day (and leave the husband at home)
I know before anyone tells me that I need to make my mind up and stick to one diet or the other, but I've always been contrary.
Don't know why I'm even bothering today cos it's Tuesday, therefore it's pasta bake...
I've not much on at work today, so it's going to be a long boring day, I'm much happier when I'm busy :sigh:

Breakfast - oats and yoghurt

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Pasta bake and salad

2 1/2 pounds on!
Absolutely gutted, but no one to blame but myself :mad:
I'm back over 11st - this has got to stop!

I wouldn't worry too much, we all have slip ups. You just need to dust yourself off and draw a line under it. Losing weight is hard but it's not a race - we'll get there when we get there :)

What I find helps me is to get excited about slimming world. So planning some tasty meals, saving some healthy extras, reading all the sw Facebook groups and looking at how people have done, their meals etc. it sounds a bit said I know lol but it dies help me (well, apart from this weekend lol)

Don't worry too much about the gain and just start afresh

Don't be daft! Thank you for reading and offering some support - it's much appreciated xx
All I need to do now is take notice of your advice! :)

Mandy, think we are all the same on this thread. We all seem to enjoy wine and treats.
Lost 1/2lb this week - not a lot I know but have had a "bad" week. Have got my 1/2 stone award though so pleased with that and am still on track for 1lb a week loss.
Hope next week is better for you.

Hey, well done! Half a stone is great progress. I'd be happy doing a steady half pound at a time, it's the one off two on that's driving me barmy.
I've been bad again today, but as usual have good intentions for tomorrow :)

Thank you Michelle, it means a lot to have support.
I really am determined to try to get a grip of it again.
Have a lovely time at your sisters x

Friday 2nd August - Green Day

Right, am going to bloody well do this!
I was so happy last weekend, I felt slimmer and my trousers were loose - what a difference a week makes - I'm back to feeling like a right porker again...

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B -
Breakfast - Oats and yoghurt

Lunch - Spicy mixed beans and rice

Dinner - Maggi Mexican chicken and rice

Snacks - Wine (well it is Friday and I'm going to syn it when I find my list)
:)

I've forgotten everything!
I'm only working this morning, so when I get home I'm going to read my books and fathom out my syns.
I've also worked out a way that I can possibly/maybe get to a Thursday group by re-jigging my hours at work a bit :D

Last edited:
Hi Mandy, I think it would be a good decision to go to a class if you can. I just find that it is better for me to be weighed in the class. Don`t suit everyone I know. Also maybe putting you food on here everyday may help. I find that I am the most honest on here than anywhere else, not sure why but that is what I promised myself. I believe I have stuck to it.

It is so frustrating to go up and down a lot of the time. I have done that for more than a year and it drove me mad with all the reasons (or excuses maybe) that I came up with for not eating properly or too much. I really do know how you feel. I don`t have the added problem of that odd glass or bottle of wine, I very rarely drink these days unless in lots of company.
I can feel the frustration in your posts and we always want to draw that line don`t we? Wow I was running out of ink I was drawing so many. haha

I don`t think I have done to good this week. Started bad Friday even after losing weight and it went on to Sunday - not too bad but trying to counteract it. Think about 1lb on this am. Am getting weighed on Sat this week, could have gone today cause got home last night but told myself I was too tired and had a lay in.

I do find it hard to bother with the problem with my hand. But, have decided to go shopping sat and get frozen sliced onion, carrot swede and anything else that will stop the excuses.

Gosh reading over this I could write a story.Boring tho` it may be. Anyway the point is I really wish I could help you. Good luck Mandy, I will look out for your diaries. Good idea to read up on the books again too. xx

Hi Doreen, thanks for that.
It's amazing the reasons and excuses that we manage to come up with isn't it? Crazy because the only ones we are cheating is ourselves.
I am going to try and get to the group on Thursday, I'm going to tell my boss that I'll finish a bit earlier on Thursday and work over on Friday, I only do half a day on Friday anyway, so he won't be bothered. He'll probably ask why, so maybe if I tell him I'm going to fat club it'll give me the motivation to stick to it lol!
There are plenty of groups I could go to at 7:30, but I'm a bit lazy and once I'm in and settled, I can never be bothered to turn out again.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, and it's a really good idea to get prepared veggies while your finger is sore x

Back