Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

That looks lovely but I'm stuck with not liking much salad. I'll eat lettuce, leaves and onions, but that's it.
We don't eat out much and I tend to let Rob choose cos he has to eat sw stuff all week and he never complains. Yesterday was mad, it was a huge menu, yet there were no low fat options. Taking my Mum out is the worst, she's really awkward to feed, and her latest favourite is a fish and chip restaurant. I try to be good and always swap chips for mushy peas, but it breaks my heart leaving the batter!

Sunday 11th August

A lovely peaceful day to myself as Rob is at Silverstone. I'm planning a trip to a large M&S to have a look at their autumn stuff...

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Mandarins

Breakfast - Porridge

Lunch - potato and onion tortilla

Dinner - 5 bean chilli with rice

Syns - ketchup

Hey Mandy, I see that `amp` often. What does it mean.

My mum was a fish & chip addict, but I was not on sw at the time, a few years ago now. I don`t know if I could have been as strong as you.

I don`t really like lettuce very much at all. Toms onion and maybe baby beets would be my contribution to a `salad`. If I was going to have lettuce leaves it would probably be rocket. If I do decide to try salad I would probably get a box of mustard & cress to make it look more.

We've got a power cut! Very annoying as I was in the middle of sewing a dress my Mum wants altering, it was a job I've been putting off and wanted out of the way...
On a brighter note, I had quite a successful shop at M&S, and now seem to be a 14 top and 12 bottom again, I think this is more down to their silly sizing than my diet though!!
I'm not sure what the amp is about Doreen, I think MiniMins goes a bit squiffy if you use a phone and put in &'s and sometimes smileys or colours, it can also go weird when you swap and change between devices.

Power cuts are annoying aren't they. Hope it comes back soon!

Don't dismiss your sizing, that's excellent. Use it as a confidence boost for yourself and truly believe that you are that size :)

Morning Mandy, well done on your shopping expedition....
Size 12 bottoms.... Way to go girl !!!!!
Have you seen the eating out thread on the main sw page here ? You might get some ideas .

You said you don't like salad, have you tried putting a dressing like this on it to give it a bit of taste ?? Some of this range is Free, I just seen it in group

image-821901408.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning!
That's another thing I'm weird with - I don't like salad dressing, and I've tried lots of them over the years. I prefer my leaves naked :D
I'll have a look at the eating out thread, I might get some ideas there. We ended up going out again last night because the power didn't come back on until 9:30.
Is it your group tonight?

Monday 12th August - Green Day

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Haddock

Breakfast - Oats and yoghurt

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Haddock (4.5) and chips with mushy peas

Snacks -

Syns - 4.5

Morning!
That's another thing I'm weird with - I don't like salad dressing, and I've tried lots of them over the years. I prefer my leaves naked :D
I'll have a look at the eating out thread, I might get some ideas there. We ended up going out again last night because the power didn't come back on until 9:30.
Is it your group tonight?

It`s funny the type of things we don`t like even to make the food taste better. I am a bit like that with dressings. All the ones I like have syns. May have another look. Don`t really like the french dressing.

One of my wierd things is that I like beetroot as long as it is baby beets and not sliced beetroot. There must be others too.

Tuesday 13th August - Green Day

I've decided to take up knitting again in a bid to stop
A. Consuming alcohol (it plays havoc with your tension)
B. Snacking (keeping hands busy and mind focussed on other things than the fridge)
I've ordered some lovely wool, and have decided to stick to projects I might actually finish and wear. The amount of backs and single sleeves of jumpers I have created over the years is unbelievable! So my first attempt is going to be a scarf to go with my new coat, which hopefully will be finished before next summer :)
I've also rearranged my hours at work, so it's all systems go to join the Thursday group!

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Mandarins

Breakfast - Oats and yoghurt with mandarin oranges

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Pasta bake and salad

Snacks -

Syns - 7.5

Hi Mandy wool sounds good. I find knitting keeps me well on track but my stash of wool and half finished projects drives everyone mad in this house.
Good luck with the new class Xx

The wool sounds like an excellent idea. I've always wanted to be able to knit but I wouldn't have a clue how to lol. You will have to post some pics of your handiwork :)

Foods looking good!

Hi Mandy wool sounds good. I find knitting keeps me well on track but my stash of wool and half finished projects drives everyone mad in this house.
Good luck with the new class Xx

I'm pleased it's not just me! My husband says that my hobby is collecting hobbies...I get bored very easily!

The wool sounds like an excellent idea. I've always wanted to be able to knit but I wouldn't have a clue how to lol. You will have to post some pics of your handiwork :)

Foods looking good!

I will if I ever finish it :)
Food wouldn't be looking so good if I finished filling my diary in - oops!
I think I'll give up until I join the group on Thursday and get my wool.

Oh dear, I really am going to have to finish this scarf aren't I? I haven't even got the wool yet! Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, Thursday is going to be a very exciting day lol.
Day off today, a bloke is coming soon to look at the kitchen worktops cos I want them replacing, then I'm on Mum duty...

Back