Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

No wool! :sigh: I've not even had the email to say it's been dispatched...
Hope it's here for the weekend.

I had more than one glass Moira - it was nearer a bottle, which was a bit dumb on a night before work, ouch!!
I've just had a greggs pigfest for lunch, I won't go into what I had but I now feel quite sick :rolleyes:

I'm all fired up and ready to get registered at the group this afternoon, I really hope it's a nice one, and I can get myself sorted out once and for all.

Good luck with your new group today! hope it goes well. sure it will, remember everyone's in the same boat :)

YAAAY!
I DID IT!
I nearly chickened out, but I went AND I bought a 6 week countdown. The consultant was really nice, and it seems a friendly group, not that I spoke to anyone but I'm sure I will in time.
Only slight query is she wants me to have 10 syns? What do you think?

Other good news is my wool has been dispatched, so if I'm lucky it should arrive tomorrow.

Glad the group seem friendly and nice. Personally id carry on having up to 15 and see how you go :)

Well done Mandy on joining group this evening, paying for 6 weeks is a really good idea cos it will make sure you go, as far as the syns go i think its a personal choice what you choose to do. sometimes we underestimate how many syns we use each day and maby by allowing you to have 10 she knows you will still be covered if you go over a bit.
the main thing to remember is to have plenty of superfree and you will be grand.

Friday 16th August - Green Day

Here goes, the new group attending, not wanting to embarrass myself, me...
I'm going to give it a go having 15 syns, and having as much rice, pasta etc as I want, and see how I get on.

Other good news is my wool has arrived and it looks lovely, I now want to go home and start knitting, but I'm stuck at work until 3:30 and then have a pile of ironing that I want to get out of the way.
I know how to live :)

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Oats and yoghurt

Lunch - JP and beans (ew - was disgusting! I saved the skin until last and it hadn't been washed! I need to research 'at work' lunch ideas, I now have a disgusting taste in my mouth :mad:)

Dinner - Mayflower chicken curry (5.5), with peas, onions and rice

Snacks -

Syns - 5.5

To be edited...

Last edited:
Foods looking good!

Shame about the jacket potato, doesn't sound very nice! Is it one you cooked yourself or a bought one? x

No, it was from a sandwich shop close to work, it was really disgusting!
I need to have a good think about my work lunches...

Saturday 17th August - Green Day

Nothing much to report, just a quick pop on to do my diary.
I'm trying to be good because yesterday wasn't the best start to my new plan
:sigh:

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Bread

Breakfast - Porridge and apple juice (3)

Lunch - 2 eggs and beans on toast

Dinner - Cheesy chips (2) peas and sweetcorn

Snacks - super noodles

Syns - 5

Well I completed my 10 day challenge Mandy. Lost 1lb which is my target; it's a long, slow process but determined to keep at it. Good luck with your new group; I use most of my syns each day (perhaps I'd lose more if I cut down on syns but then I think I'd be tempted to go off plan more often than I already have done :sigh: )

Sunday 18th August

A moochy sort of day doing nothing much...

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Porridge and orange juice (3)

Lunch - a few tortilla chips (6) cheese

Dinner - Rice and chicken in black bean sauce (5)

Syns - 14

Foods looking good! Yum, what recipe did you use for the black bean sauce? I love black bean sauce

Have a nice day :) x

Foods looking good! Yum, what recipe did you use for the black bean sauce? I love black bean sauce

Have a nice day :) x

It was a takeaway - it's against my religion to cook on a Sunday ;)
I've never had it before, I loved the sauce, but the black bean are potent little blighters aren't they? I picked them out in the end!

Monday 19th August - Extra Easy

I've decided to give extra easy a go and eat as much veg as I can. I don't eat much meat anyway, so I'm sort of hoping that will compensate.
We shall see!

A - Milk
B - Oats

Breakfast - Oats and yoghurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - Pasta, tuna (not much cos the fur faces had their share) onions, sweet corn and a bit of mayo (1) I won't be having it again!

Dinner - Actifry chips (1) Birdseye haddock in lemon and chive butter (4.5) peas

Snacks -

Syns - 9 so far...

Tuesday 20th August - Green Day

Last day at work until next Tuesday woohoo!

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Bread roll

Breakfast - Oats and yoghurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - Wholemeal roll and a slice of beef (1.5) with onions and lettuce

Dinner - Homepride pasta bake sauce (7.5) pasta and cheese

Snacks -

Syns - 12 so far

Sounds like a yummy day today! Pasta bake sounds lovely.

How did you find your extra easy day yesterday? X

Back