Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Hi again Mandy

Finger is a little better thanks.

Have to go back go hospital to see the doc again about finger on Tuesday 9am. It is a bit swollen still and can`t put hand flat on a surface. I have physio at 1.30 Tuesday. Needed to go before but was away. All the fingers are very uncomfortable when I try to fist them so hopefully the physio will give me some help to correct that. Will let you know

Monday 26th August

Not the start I expected today...
I pictured a nice lie in, a bit of a read in bed, leisurely breakfast and a nice peaceful day potting up some plants...
8am all hell breaks loose as our neighbours are having scaffolding erected round their house!!
It's bank holiday Monday for goodness sake!
GRRRR
And I've got a headache.
*deep breaths and positive thoughts*
:mad:

What a pain Mandy. Fancy having that done on a bank holiday. They should have least let you know.
:(

I have been doing housework this morning. Did not do much before I went away cause everything took so long with the finger. Been up since 7am. Did a bit, had some breakfast while watching some of Vera. Hacing a coffee, then do diary then have a shower watch last of Vera then go and visit brother. Neighbour wants me to go for a coffee in garden centre later. Lookslike a busy busy day for me. 2 visits to hospital Tuesday so proably not much time.

The only thing I can say is "fings can only get better" !! I do hope it does.
Will look out for your diary later

Morning Mandy!
What on your wagon menu today.!
So been as you have been woken up by neighbours builders
What do you have planned today?
I'm taking my eldest daughter shopping. While my husband takes our dog for a walk and our other 2 daughters are still in bed. Will wake them before we go. Be glad to get back to normal routine once they are back to school. Everything is to relaxed lol.
Off we go shopping. !

*sneaks back on*

Erm...
I may have crashed and burned again!
I went out in the end and may have partaken of too many calorie ladened synettis - oops!

Autumn, I hope you had fun at the shops and didn't spend too much.
Doreen, sounds like a busy day.

Deffo back on tomorrow as I'm back at work :D I really need to get back on track.

Night all, thanks for sticking with me x

:hug99:Sneak away Mandy. Another day tomorrow.
Will check you out after hospital.

Had a lovely day thank u. Didn't spend as much as I was expecting so that's good.! Out to cinema tomo with my youngest teen so another fun day.

Get back on track in the morning, think positive be focused and leave the past few days behind you !

Mandy get back on track you CAN do it were all here to nag you to death lol in the nicest posible way of course Xx

Oh 'eck!
I'd better get myself back on track or I'm going to be in bother lol
Thanks for all your support ladies - I really appreciate it x

Well, I had a few days off work, a lovely weekend, and now I'm feeling really motivated.
You've got to let loose sometimes haven't you?
:)

Hi Mandy, so what are you having today. Get that diary on here today eh!

Put everything on no matter what, it is a good way to see what you are doing. Look at my diary for yesterday, BAD!
I have to put it on, no computer while I was away and I messed up.

Come on, show us what you are made of. :p

Like you say we all need a few days off plan every now and then and the good thing is you've got straight back on the wagon today so well done!

What are your plans for today? :) x

TA DAA!

Tuesday 27th August - Green Day

I hereby promise I will be good for the foreseeable future...:eek:

Today I'm back at work until 3:30, allegedly catching up, then home to await Asda delivery of yummy syn free food stuff, and yucky fruit and veg.

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B- Chicken

Breakfast - oats and yoghurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - pasta with blue dragon sauce (2) onions and chicken (HexB) - Bit boring, I still need to work out something nice for work lunch

Dinner - pasta bake with salad (7.5)

Snacks - dunno yet

Syns - 12.5

Thing is Mandy how far to the future can you see? You really don`t like fruit & veg do you. Are there any that you can eat and enjoy.

By the way, went to physio today, he has given me some excercises to do and is pleased what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks. He has discharged me and said that it will take 3-4 months to get back to normal. Have to do more exercises 6 weeks after the injury when it should be mended.

OMG!
It's scary how well you've got me sussed! It made me realise that I do make long term plans, then the novelty wears off in a few days.
I promise to try and pull my socks up and stick to it, the only one I'm messing about is myself and if I continue like this I'll be changing my wardrobe round yet again :break_diet:
Fruit and veg wise, I like peas, carrots and sweetcorn, I can eat salad leaves and lettuce, but really don't enjoy them. I love onions, but raw ones give me heartburn. Tomorrow I'm making a bolognese type thing in the slow cooker, and I'm good at hiding all sorts in that, tinned tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms etc. I'd do ok if I stuck to that sort of thing but I get easily bored. The only fruit I like is tinned.

Really good news about your finger, they must be pleased with your progress - keep doing your exercises x

Just plan for 1 day if possible. Usually I try and plan when I get up in the morning. Sometimes the night before if thinking about food or going away.

Oh and grated carrot is a thing I put in bolognese and also savoury mince or cottage pie. Maybe you can grate swede too. Only you will be able to tell if it tastes too bad for you.

Anyway, in case you fell today, here is a line to draw under it ---------------------------- ready to try again tomorrow. Which day do you weigh in and are you still going to go to club?

:vibes:

So far I'm doing ok.
I do put carrot in mince and also a bit of celery, swede I just don't like. I love shepherds pie, but my husband doesn't like mash, it's quite tricky making a meal that is sw friendly and also that he'll eat. I really can't be bothered making two meals. I've just had a thought - he might like it if I sliced the potatoes...
The group I go to is on a Thursday, I've paid up for 6 weeks and have been for 2, I'm really not sure if I'll bother this week, I'll see how the mood takes me. I weigh myself on a Wednesday - it's tradition lol

Back