Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

just caught up with your page Mandy and im glad your still on plan, i think you should go to class.... just because the consultant is not great it should not be a reason to stay at home, you still have the oppertunity to get to know the other people there and maby pick up some hints and tips.
you done really well last week and i know you would be so pleased to do it again, so keep at it girl !!!!!!!

because you hate so many things, i think you really need to plan out a menu of meals you DO LIKE then you will find it easier each day to stick to plan.
im eating things now i never thought i would in a million years, but its suprising how we get used to the taste after eating something a few times.... no one ever said we have to love the taste of something the first time we eat it......
im defo away to bed cos im bloody starving now after reading all these food diarys

chat to you tomorrow x

Try and go Thursday Mandy. I know you weigh yourself the day before, think most of us do. I do and the morning the day I go. I just like to have some idea what it is going to be.
I agree with Bikerbabe give yourself a chance to talk to somebody. Usually when there is a visiting consultant lots don`t stay but then you may get a little more information to help.

I read on one of the threads here of someone else who hardly eats any superfree, if I find it I will let you know.
I am going Friday this week as helping brother tomorrow, Let us know how you get on. We are rooting for you. Good luck, but don`t fret if it not what you want.

Wednesday 28th August - EE

The scales weren't kind this morning, but not as bad as I expected so that's a bonus!
I had a lousy nights sleep and have mum most of the day, so avoiding the wine aisle when I take her shopping is going to be very hard!

A - Milk
A -
B - Meusli
B - Mince

Breakfast - Dorset meusli and yoghurt

Lunch - pasta arrabiatta pub meal free?
Bit of garlic bread (5)

Dinner - Spicy bolognese with hidden veg, with rice

Snacks - total 0% yog with honey (4.5)

Syns - 9. 5

Anyone know what the best carb option really is?

Last edited:
Sounds like a yummy food day! I love bologneise. Carb wise, not really sure. Possibly the chips if you left the skin on coz of having more fibre and vitamin c?

Hope you have a nice day with your mum x

Thursday 29th August - Green Day

Weigh in this afternoon...

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans - will give sandwich shop from hell another try. Was dirty and half cooked so had some Ainsley Harriot cous cous that I found at the back of my drawer (1.5)

Dinner - Shepherds pie made with yesterdays mince and carrots

Snacks - 0% greek yogurt and honey (3) I tried the Morrisons one, not as nice as total

Syns - 7.5 so far

Last edited:
I've been thinking about my work lunches.
I think I need to get up a bit earlier and cook an omelette or something for breakfast, then I can have my usual breakfast for lunch.
Sounds good in theory, it's the getting out of bed that's the problem :)
I've now seriously fallen out with the sandwich shop £2.70 for a potato to go straight in the bin...grrr...

I've been thinking about my work lunches.
I think I need to get up a bit earlier and cook an omelette or something for breakfast, then I can have my usual breakfast for lunch.
Sounds good in theory, it's the getting out of bed that's the problem :)
I've now seriously fallen out with the sandwich shop £2.70 for a potato to go straight in the bin...grrr...

I know what you mean, I struggle with breakfasts. I'd always choose An extra few minutes in bed than getting up to prepare stuff any day lol. If I ever have an omelette, I tend to make it the night before and warm it up in the microwave for about two mins in the morning. It's not quite as nice but is a time saver and does pro long time in bed by about 2 minutes lol x

Shame about the potato again! Sounds yuk :( x

I didn't know you could do that with an omelette! I've ordered an omelette maker from amazon to try, they're supposed to be easy peasy and only need a wipe clean. I am a sucker for a kitchen gadget though :)
I stayed the same at wi, I was quite pleased to get away with it, fingers crossed for a good week now.

Well done Mandy on your stay the same !!!! Hope your all set for a good weekend, can't wait to see how your omelette maker works out, I like eating them but making them is a pain cos they always seem to stick to the pan on me !!!
I've started having a big bowl of fruit for breakfast with muller and its great cos it leaves me with a roll or porridge for work, one of the girls in my group makes up chicken/ beef stirfry the night before and then just re heats in her work at lunchtime , have you tried the Batchelors savoury rice, it's free of syns and quite tasty easy to make in the micro too and just re heat whenever you need it .
Chat soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, my omelettes are rubbish unless I use butter.
I've been thinking about trying the savoury rice cold for lunch, or maybe just having a snack and something when I get home. Now I finish at 3.30 that might work.

Omelette maker sounds good. Mine stick too. I`m very rarely out at lunch so it is really easier for me at lunchtime.

Maintained this week, that`s good Mandy.

Have a good weekend

I'm intregued about the ommlette maker be intresing to see how good they are, well done on your sts Xx

Back