Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Friday 20th September

I'm feeling a bit yucky today, no particular reason, just totally drained.
I don't even have that Friday feeling :( I'm also STARVING!

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - Oats and milk, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans - bored!

Dinner - shepherds pie (3.5) and carrots

Snacks - digestive biscuit x 2 (7)

Syns - 13.5

Last edited:
Friday 20th September

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - Oats and milk, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans - bored!

Dinner - shepherds pie (3.5) and carrots

Snacks - digestive biscuit (3.5)

Syns - 10

You need some free foods to snack on. I'm not a big fruit fan but do red days mainly so have cooked meats as snacks, ham, etc

Mandy that is just how I feel, totally drained. Did go to bed this afternoon but the phone rang twice so got up. Still feel bad tho. Hope you get over it soon,
Doreen x

Saturday 21st September

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Porridge

Lunch - Beans and egg on toast (5)

Dinner - Chicken biryani (4.5)

Snack -

Syns - 9.5

Mandy x

Morning Mandy. How are you? No sign of you yesterday.

Any special plans today or just work.

Doreen x

Morning Mandy. How are you? No sign of you yesterday.

Any special plans today or just work.

Doreen x

Hi Doreen! We had an away day yesterday, so I didn't have a minute. We went up to Wensleydale for the day and visited Middleham and Bolton Castles. I have a book on British castles and I'm determined to visit them all, It's my bucket list lol. We're a bit stuck now with not been able to go far because of my cats medication, so we're trying to visit the ones we can do in quick trips. It's a beautiful area, I could have happily stayed a week. The diet went to the dogs, but I'm back at it today. I'll check out your diary in a minute x

Monday 23rd September

Back on pre weigh in damage limitation again :)

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B -

Breakfast - Oats and yogurt, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Omelette, beans and chips (2)

Snack -

Syns - 3 so far

Glad you had a good day Mandy. I liked castles when I was little My Dad always made them seem so majical. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is Windsor Castle.

I haven't been to Windsor Castle for years! It is lovely and I prefer to visit something that'is lived in; I'm really not keen on 'piles of stones'! Having said that, we toured many of the castles in the area - Middleham, Bolton, Richmond, Helmsley amongst others - when DD had a castles project to do at school and because we had to look for details they were quite interesting! As you say Mandy, the countryside is lovely and well worth a visit.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I'm a big cat person but OH won't let me have one because we live in a flat.

Good luck with the damage limitation.

Damage limitation crashed and burned - 2lbs on!
The last couple of days I've been desperately craving bread and butter and I succumbed last night. It was truly wonderful :)
Back on the wagon now...

Mandy x

See my thread about weight and eating too much.

Hope you get it off next week Mandy.

Doreen x

Tut tut!

Sometimes when you crave something, you've just gotta have it - and I bet it was gorgeous. I won't ask too many questions about it incase the replies have everyone reading craving the same!

Done and dusted, Mandy. A few days back on plan and you'll have those pesky pounds off again.

Thursday 26th September

Breakfast - Oats and toffee yogurt, apple juice

Lunch - JP and beans

Snack - Digestive biscuit

Dinner - Haddock in chive and butter sauce, new potatoes and peas

Snack - Pear halves with vanilla ice cream

MFP - 1190/1200

I'm giving calorie counting a go for a bit ;)

Friday 27th September

It's a beautiful day here in Leeds, and I'm feeling on good form (apart from a bunged up left nostril which is driving me potty)!
I've definitely got that 'Friday feeling' and I can't wait to get out of my office and home, even if there is ironing waiting for me.

Breakfast - Apple juice, oats and vanilla yogurt, tinned peaches

Lunch - Ham sandwich on pumpkin seed bread (OMG! So good after all those JP's)

Dinner - Spicy bolognese with tagliatelle, garlic bread

Snack - aero mousse

MFP - 1230/1200

Last edited:
Hope work is going, or has gone, quickly! Im finished for the weekend now too yay.

Ohh how come you're giving calorie counting a go? Are you enjoying it? X

Last edited:
Lol
I'm having a change, I seemed to have got into a rutt of eating variations of potatoes, beans and eggs, and while I was rarely hungry I'm not sure it was healthy. At the moment I'm enjoying it, but I dare say I'll be back to sw when I need a pile of stodge!!
YAAY it's the weekend :)

Mandy x

Back