Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Hi Mandy. Your Halloween sounds like its going to be a lot if fun - do you have tomorrow off work?

Hello! Long time no speak, how're you getting on?
Unfortunately I'm in work tomorrow :(

Oo you're going to be tired after the party - but at least it will be Fri :). Off at the moment with a virus right after hols but that's life. Gained on hols but back on plan and not worrying about it, had fabulous holiday in France for a week for my daughter's 21st and then Majorca for a week. Now it's full steam diet wise til Xmas to see what can be done.

Aw sorry you're not well, I hope you pick up soon. I usually manage to catch something on the plane coming home!
Holiday sounds lovely, you'll soon lose what you gained now you're back on track.
Everyone has gone now and my house is tidy again, unfortunately I have a mountain of chocolate...

Wow that was a quick clean up after the party. I'm impressed :). So what are you going to do with the surplus choccie, temptation when it's in the house hey. Tis a pain picking up a virus like this right on the back of the hols, have had to come home from work on Weds and been off which is not what I want to be doing having just had my hols but cant be helped. Normality will have to resume next Mon but at least I'm sticking with the plans. Not long til Xmas now. Want all hol gain gone and bit more by then. Have you heard anything from Moira?

Wow that was a quick clean up after the party. I'm impressed :). So what are you going to do with the surplus choccie, temptation when it's in the house hey. Tis a pain picking up a virus like this right on the back of the hols, have had to come home from work on Weds and been off which is not what I want to be doing having just had my hols but cant be helped. Normality will have to resume next Mon but at least I'm sticking with the plans. Not long til Xmas now. Want all hol gain gone and bit more by then. Have you heard anything from Moira?

Hope you're feeling a bit better now.
I'm not too bad with chocolate, I'm more a savoury girl (unless I have a binge) but I absolutely love celebrations. They're only 2 syns each so I'm trying to keep them as a treat. My husband can't leave them alone and he was doing really well with his diet, so I might have to hide them :)
No, nothing from Moira. I miss her, she was lovely.

Still not 100% but better than I was, nature of viruses hey. Hopefully by Mon be much better as want to get back to work. Hopefully Moira will be back at some point too. I'm trying to avoid choccies but will need to get some in for the family at Xmas. You're really good counting them and keeping in control. My sister has to hide things like that from her hubby too for same reason :)

Friday 1st November

A - Milk
A -
B - cheerios (tweak)
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Cheerios and orange juice ( 3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Peppery, oniony, rice and chicken thing (5)

Snacks - super noodles, celebration (2)

Syns - 10

Saturday 2nd November

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Porridge with honey (1)

Lunch - Beans and omelette

Dinner - Chicken curry (6) rice

Snacks - Wine - bottle (26) warburtons wrap (6) butter (2) twix fun size (10)

Syns - 51 ouch!

Last edited:
It sounds a though you had a good time on Thursday!

Chocolates have to be hidden in this household too - the snag is, I know where they're hidden! The Christmas chocolates are hidden in the boot of my car so I'll have to be desperate to go and get them and I hope that the walk to the garage would be enough to bring me to my senses.

Me too - went to an all you can eat buffet! Enough said lol.

I'm sure you could still get a loss this week! I find it helps to not think of it as having blown but rather just having a small break and getting right back on it and back to work. What matters is that you've enjoyed :) and you know that you're definitely capable of getting back on track so I wouldn't worry. X

Hope you're having a good weekend :) x

Back