Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

It's definitely a case of plodding on and not letting one bad day turn into another and another, etc. Life does get in the way and we have to find methods of coping because we'll have to continue to be careful even when we reach target.

Good luck with getting back on the wagon, Mandy. All is not lost if you clamber back on.

Monday 4th November

Recovery time from a bad weekend, well a good weekend really if you ignore the food part, though that was actually rather yum :)
I don't think I'll have a loss this week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't gain...

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B -

Breakfast - porridge with honey (1) orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Chips, omelette and more beans

Snack -

Syns - 4 so far

Tuesday 5th November

I seem to be having a silly busy week, and have hardly had chance to catch up with minimins! The good news is I'm sticking to plan even though I don't expect a loss tomorrow after the weekends blow out. I'm planning on being a sw angel next week as my husband is away so I only have myself to think about, not to mention the peace and quiet...bliss....I'm sure I'll miss him a bit ;)

Breakfast - Cheerios and milk, orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Patty's sausage and lentil casserole (can't wait)

Snacks - probably a couple of celebrations (4)

Syns - 7

Morning Mandy, hope you liking being on your own. How`s it going today.

Here`s a hug for you in case you lonely

:bighug:

Wednesday 6th November

Gained half a pound today, hey, it could've been a lot worse!
Stupid busy day again today, and it's supposed to be my day off...
Charlie at the vets for his boosters...washing...Mum duties...ironing...the list goes on...
I've not got rid of the oh yet, he goes Friday to Monday, I'm cake baking tomorrow after work to send him off with plenty of 'bloke' supplies!

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Wholemeal roll

Breakfast - Porridge and honey (1)

Lunch - Thai vegetable soup with a Wholemeal roll

Dinner - Pasta bake (7.5) green salad

Snacks - Super noodles and a celebration (2)

Syns - 10.5

If you keep rushing around as you have been doing, that gain will be gone again in no time!

It's funny how days off work are busier than work days. I've often joked about going back to work for a rest but there's an element of truth in it.

So pleased you enjoyed the casserole. I've found some good recipes in the Co-Op's magazine which is also free to download so I have the app on my iPad.

Thursday 7th November

Hopefully I can now get back to my usual routine and be a bit less stressed :)
Has anyone got any ideas for a quick grab and go snack I could have mid afternoon? I find I'm starting to feel terrible around then, all light headed and unable to function. It's ok if I can get home at the usual time, but if I'm stuck in work or need to go somewhere afterwards it's awful.
When I get home I'm baking a lemon drizzle cake, brownies and some fruit and nut buns for the hubster and his mates to take on their rally. It's going to be hell having a house smelling of fresh baking!

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B -

Breakfast - Porridge and honey (1) orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Bean chilli and rice (2.5) with a bit of cheese

Snacks -

Syns - 6.5 so far

Sounds as though you're spoiling OH!

Re an afternoon snack: could you use your second HExB on something like Alpen Lights or a Special K. Chewy bar? Some nuts or tinned/dried fruit in a plastic box? Or use a few Syns on a small treat?

I know you don't like fruit and veg, but do you eat yogurts? Quite a few of the muller lights don't have fruit in - the toffee one's nice.

Ohh yay lucky you getting to have the house to yourself, I love having the house to myself. Hope you enjoy it. And the cakes all sound delicious. :)

I know what you mean about mid afternoon hunger, that's a danger spot for me and when I most want to have naughty things. What about mugshots? I know they're not the nicest but may fill a hole. Or you could have a go at making the sw falafels if you like them

. It's hard sometimes isn't it, there's not many things on sw that you can just grab and go are there! X

Sounds as though you're spoiling OH!

Re an afternoon snack: could you use your second HExB on something like Alpen Lights or a Special K. Chewy bar? Some nuts or tinned/dried fruit in a plastic box? Or use a few Syns on a small treat?

I know you don't like fruit and veg, but do you eat yogurts? Quite a few of the muller lights don't have fruit in - the toffee one's nice.
He's worth it (sometimes)
Yogurt and nuts are both good ideas, I could keep a stash at work. I've tried cereal bars but find them a bit sweet, I'm more of a savoury sort of gal! I also think I might get some mini bars of cheese to nibble on? The problem with that would be stopping at one!
Thanks for the ideas x

Ohh yay lucky you getting to have the house to yourself, I love having the house to myself. Hope you enjoy it. And the cakes all sound delicious. :)

I know what you mean about mid afternoon hunger, that's a danger spot for me and when I most want to have naughty things. What about mugshots? I know they're not the nicest but may fill a hole. Or you could have a go at making the sw falafels if you like them

. It's hard sometimes isn't it, there's not many things on sw that you can just grab and go are there! X
Mug shots are a good idea! I tried them as part of a meal and didn't like them much, but as a snack to fill a hole they'd be perfect.
It's nice to know that I'm not on my own with the afternoon thing, it's always been a trouble spot for me but recently it's been awful. I get really lightheaded and shaky and feel awful.

I love having the house to myself, I've no one but myself and the cats to bother about, my tv, my food, eat when I want to...
Heaven!
I'm sure I'll miss him a bit ;)

Friday 8th November

Hubster on his way to Pickering for the start of the rally...
Boss on his way to Benidorm for a lad thing...
Peace and quiet all round YAY!
I had a great time baking last night, I LOVE baking, it really relaxes me. I love taking lots of uninteresting things, mixing them together, and something wonderful coming out of the oven. Unfortunately I like eating cake too, which is part of the reason I'm here.
I was really good and only had a small piece of brownie, that said it was probably a zillion syns :)

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - Porridge with honey (1) orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Bolognese with lots of hidden veg and a pile of spaghetti

Snack - mugshot

Syns - 4 so far

I've heard there's a voucher in Bella magazine this week, I think I might join sw online to get some more ideas? I'll have a look when I go to the bank.

That sounds like a good idea Mandy. If you can join cheap you could get some ideas then leave if you want, Lunches are difficult except JP`s :)

Back