Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

That sounds like a good idea Mandy. If you can join cheap you could get some ideas then leave if you want, Lunches are difficult except JP`s :)

It was a bit of a con, online membership is normally £60, the voucher is for £35 off, however when you input the code the normal price becomes £80! I'm not paying £45 for online membership, it's not that good.

I called in at Morrisons on my way to the bank and now have a drawer full of nuts and mug shots (are they all free?) and some babybel light in the fridge. I'll see how I get on with those :)

Hi Mandy. Good that you've sorted out some snacks :). Few chilled days to yourself now then. I think the voucher is good if you want to save a bit on joining a class but the online SW side of things alone I don't don't is quite so supportive, plus if you're in class you get on line access too. Great support in this site though :) hope the snacks do the trick in stopping that falling away feeling in the afternoon. Have some great 'you' time x

I called in at Morrisons on my way to the bank and now have a drawer full of nuts and mug shots (are they all free?) and some babybel light in the fridge. I'll see how I get on with those :)

Many, the mug shots with 1% on them are free. Some others are synned.

pasta snack mediterranean free,
pasta snack minestrone free.
pasta snack roast chicken free,
pasta snack spicy tomato free.
pasta snack tomato and herb free

Pasta snack chicken style 1 syn
Pasta snack tomato 1 syn
Pasta snack cheese 2.1/2 syns
Pasta snack creamy cheeese 2.1/2 syns

If you have any others and you let me know I will look them up for you.

Doreen x

Thanks Doreen!
Hey Lesley, great to see you again, how have you been getting on?
My relaxing weekend hasn't quite gone to plan, you know when you get those silly days when you wander around the house almost looking for jobs to do? Well that was me yesterday - very frustrating! However it does mean that I have absolutely nothing to do today, and should have an easy week next week. At the mo I'm still in bed playing with my new iPad, surrounded by all my old slimming world stuff...

Having a read up Mandy? Does help sometimes doesn`t it. I have again looked over some of my old red diaries and gonna try a few red days. The only thing I was eating that I don`t have now is scan bran. Could get some at another class on Monday I suppose, it does save me having to think what to have for lunch.

Anyway, nearly 11am so must go down to the memorial at the end of the road for the armistice day service.

Take care

Doreenx

Having a read up Mandy? Does help sometimes doesn`t it. I have again looked over some of my old red diaries and gonna try a few red days. The only thing I was eating that I don`t have now is scan bran. Could get some at another class on Monday I suppose, it does save me having to think what to have for lunch. Anyway, nearly 11am so must go down to the memorial at the end of the road for the armistice day service. Take care Doreenx
Have a good day x

Sunday 10th November

A bit of a random food day, I always revert to nursery food when I'm on my own :)

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - More cheese

Breakfast - Porridge and honey (1)

Lunch - Cheese omelette and beans

Dinner - Spicy cheesy chips

Snacks - Super noodles and aero mousse (5)

Syns - 6

Monday 11th October

A grey and gloomy day here, I hope it brightens up before I go to the bank because I was hoping to get a bit of a walk in at the same time.

A - Milk
A - Cheese
B - Oats
B - Mince

Breakfast - Porridge with honey (1) orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Taco chips (2)

Snack - Mug shot and babybel light

Syns - 6 so far

It is still terrible weather down here. Looks miserable and is miserable. I`m ok tho` :) Very fine rain while I was out, but not cold which was a bonus. The other bonus the 3 shops I went in had no Q. Great.

What do you do with your mince Mandy, and what are taco chips. Would like to try something different.

Hi Doreen
It's still murky here, but quite mild. I managed a walk without getting soaked.
Taco chips are a recipe I got off here when I first started, it's basically a very spicy mince mixture over slimming world chips. It sounds wrong, but it's very tasty.
I've been meaning to ask, how's your finger these days?

Lucky you having the house to yourself - I could do with a weekend like that!

Pleased to have been able to help with the afternoon snacks. As savouries are your 'thing', what about some savoury popcorn (I've bought some in Sainsbos but can't remember name but Skinny comes into it), savoury ricecakes or Ryvita Minis?

If you're feeling a bit dizzy then definitely have something with protein particularly if you're not eating a meal for a while.

Hi Doreen
It's still murky here, but quite mild. I managed a walk without getting soaked.
Taco chips are a recipe I got off here when I first started, it's basically a very spicy mince mixture over slimming world chips. It sounds wrong, but it's very tasty.
I've been meaning to ask, how's your finger these days?

I have some mince cooking, enough for 2 days, I may spice one of them up and have it on chips. Anything particular you spice it up with?

Finger mmm, It still does not want to really bend. Really any spare time I should, and try to, bend it by pushing down on the end of my finger towards the palm of my hand. When at SW class I spend a lot of the time doing that whilst sitting there. Then it is quite good for a while. Then it stiffens again. I can close it to a fist and again try to do that a lot. However nothing really seems to make it really good. I can only say it could be worse.
Thanks for remembering. Actually I think of you bullying me to keep at the exercises when I forget. :p

I do, really Mandy. :checkmark:

Sometimes it's good to be a bully :p
I chuck all sorts into the mince cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli powder, garlic salt, it's never the same twice!!

Sometimes it's good to be a bully :p
I chuck all sorts into the mince cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli powder, garlic salt, it's never the same twice!!

It is! Thats great, gives me an idea. May do that tomorrow.

Update to diary - I can't fathom out how to edit on iPad, it's easier on my phone!!

Snacks ended up being a cheese omelette, and I had a funsize bag of malteasers - yum!

So today's syns are 11

Update to diary - I can't fathom out how to edit on iPad, it's easier on my phone!!

Snacks ended up being a cheese omelette, and I had a funsize bag of malteasers - yum!

So today's syns are 11

Hi Mandy - to edit on iPad - tap on the grey shaded bar at the top if the section of the thread you want to edit and a menu will pop up that you can tap on from there to edit. Diary is looking good :)

Back