Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Thanks Sharon! I'll have another play tonight. Can you do smilies and colour too? I'd just about given up last night, between my phone, the work pooter, my mac and now the ipad every flipping one of them is different! :mad:

Smile I do typing colon and smiley bracket : ) but no space :) not sure re other things

Thank you.
Smiley's are such an important part of life now :D
I suppose I could always use the desktop site rather than the app too.

Tuesday 12th November

I've just realised that in planning my week, I have planned what my hubster is eating but have forgotten myself again.
I really annoys me when I do that :mad: I haven't a clue what I'm going to have for my tea, other than wedges.
Think I'll pick some chicken up when I go to the bank and do something 'maggi' the problem there is;
a. Remembering to buy said chicken
b. Remembering to take it home with me
I have a memory like a sieve these days...

A - Milk
A -
B - Oats
B - Chicken

Breakfast - Porridge with honey (1) orange juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Wedges, maggi chicken (2) peas and sweetcorn (could all change)

Snacks -

Syns - 6 so far

I know exactly where you're coming from on the food planning front - OH is a bit more fussy than I am so I have to think a bit more about him. If I fed him nothing but prawn curry, fish n chips, macaroni cheese, crispbakes or 'fry-ups', he'd be happy!
I tend to keep a variety of basics in the freezer but have to remember to take whatever I need out to thaw. I don't like planning too far ahead either as I don't know what I might fancy - sometimes I need some 'comfort' food, other times I'm happy with almost anything.

Guess what?
Back from the bank and no chicken! :mad:
I'm hopeless these days. I guess it's a trip to the supermarket on my way home.

Silly girl. I knew you weren`t with it when I saw you had put October 11th yesterday.

Sometimes it's good to be a bully :p
I chuck all sorts into the mince cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli powder, garlic salt, it's never the same twice!!

Mince was already cooked with carrot, onion and pepper in it so heated it up and put in chilli flakes, cumin & paprika. It was delicious. Will defo do it again. :D

How strange is that, you've bad a great week! How annoying for you. Our bodies are funny things aren't they. :(

All you can do is get straight back on it and get an extra big loss to make up for it next week :) x

I do sympathise with you Mandy. Don`t let it put you off, keep going and it will show next week.

Doreen x

Thursday 14th November

I've stopped sulking, but am still very annoyed :mad: Thanks for all your support yesterday, it really does help :)
On a happier note, my poorly puss had his review yesterday and his cardiologist is really pleased with him. She wants to scan him again at his next appointment in February, but we asked if it could be put off until May. We have to leave him for the day and he came back in a right state the last time, it seems daft putting a cat with serious heart disease through all that stress. Also it means he'll have his bald patches when the weather is a bit warmer.

Breakfast - Porridge with honey (1) apple juice (3)

Lunch - JP and beans

Dinner - Corned beef shepherds pie (2) made with yet more beans, tomatoes and onions.

Snacks -

Syns - 6 so far

So glad you feeling better Mandy and that your cats review was good. I do like cats. Probably as much as you like beans. :p

Back