Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Glad you feel a bit better today and great news re your poorly puss xxx

Hey Mandy I am back, had a good time but of course ate too much. :17729:

Where are you? Are you hiding? :hide:

Hope everything is ok with you.
Here`s a hug in case you need one. :bighug:

Love Doreen xxxx

Hi All! Sorry I've not been about, but I decided I was having a diet holiday :)
I'm swelling by the minute, and I know I'll regret it later, but am enjoying every mouth full!
Normal service will resume on Monday, hope you're all well xx

Ahh, thanks for popping in Mandy and enjoy your diet holiday. Look forward to hearing your holiday story on Monday,

Love Doreen xx

Back to work this morning, I could so be a lady of leisure :(
I've just braved the scales and seemed to have gained half a stone :eek: hopefully if I get straight back at it I should shift it quite quickly...

Monday 25th November

I really wish I'd stayed at home, my boss has got the face on. Generally speaking he's a lovely guy, but can be a right old moody bugger and puts a big black cloud over the place. I've shut my office door claiming to have a lot of catching up to do :)

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk, apple juice

Lunch - Chicken noodle soup, warburtons thin, frazzles

Dinner - 5 bean chilli and Mexican rice

Snacks - Pear halves

Last edited:
Am really enjoying reading this post.
I'm English but now live overseas and have recently been struggling with my diet which limits carbs quite a lot
I'm 49 and think I may be starting the menopause as really crave the carbs .... so think I will try the green diet

Did SW in the UK but have no books here with me, and can't afford to use the SW online pages / tools (sadly) so will have to rely on this site to get it together .... if anyone can help will be grateful for all assistance

Hello and welcome!
If I can be of any help at all just give me a shout, I do it through the books and with help from this site. There are lots of helpful people on here.
Where in Egypt are you? Luxor is one of my favourite places, we were last there in March, how are things out there at the moment?

Good to see your diaries again Mandy. If you really stick to it for a couple of weeks, you could probably lose most of that 1/2 stone.

I know, easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Take care - Doreen x

Hello! Lovely to see you back, a week off of dieting and work sounds absolutely perfect! Hope you enjoyed it, what did you get up to?

You'll have that gain off In no time x

Last edited:
I didn't do much at all - it was FAB! :)
We did risk leaving Bailey overnight, and had a romantic mini break up in the dales which was lovely. Other than that I got the garden tidied for winter and finished my Christmas shopping. It was over too quickly :(

Hi!

Lovely to see you back :). I had last week off work as well and my diet was shocking! Lots of pub visits, crisps and chocolate! We did walk pup on the beach for an hour+ twice a day though. I'm back on it from yesterday and I'll try to get back into my diary again.

Hope day 2 back at work isn't too bad for you. Very cold here in Cornwall today. I'm sat in the office nursing a hot chocolate!

:)

Tuesday 26th November

I'm feeling less bloated already, my stomach was HUGE yesterday! I dug some old larger jeans out and even they were tight. It's a lovely sunny day here and I should be going for a lovely autumn walk and having lunch in a nice pub somewhere instead of sitting at my desk trying to catch up. On the positive side my boss is more cheerful today, I've even risked opening my office door :)

Breakfast - Bran flakes, milk and apple juice

Lunch - Warburtons wrap with roast beef and onion chutney, packet of frazzles

Dinner - Ham and cheese omelette, chips, peas and sweetcorn

Snacks - vodka and coke

Last edited:
Back