Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Monday 2nd December

Another week, another month, another new start...
I've really shot myself in the foot this time, I bought a couple of new outfits for Christmas do's a few weeks back and they're too small, so I'm hoping for a miracle :rolleyes:

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - Warburtons wrap, shredded chilli beef and a packet of wotsits

Dinner - Maggi bbq chicken, roast potatoes and sweet corn.

It sounds as though you're back on track to fit into those outfits.

There would be a lot of very large people about if we didn't try to take ourselves in hand. Food is so moreish....

Definitely more ish with yummy food, if we never ever took control we'd all be even bigger hey. Do the best you can Mandy x worst comes to,worst you buy something else for going out, just give it your best shot and don't beat yourself up xx
I hate clothes shopping though :( I'm hoping I can stick to it for a couple of weeks and deflate!!

Tuesday 3rd December

Todays mission (apart from not over eating) is to sit properly. My knees have started aching and I've come to the conclusion that it's because I sit with them twisted and crossed in all sorts of weird positions. I'm hoping it that, and not that I'm taking after my Mum who has really bad arthritis :(

Breakfast - Bran flakes, milk and orange juice

Lunch - Ham wrap and wotsits

Dinner - Actifry chips, roast beef, gravy and peas

Supper - WW yoghurt

Hi Mandy, I am finding it very hard at te moment. Have face ache, thought it was water retention but directics did not help nor do painkillers, so maybe I have now got problems with my sinuses. Hope not.
Hope you find the wherewithall to keep it up. I am goona try very hard for the rest of the week.

Hope you have not takng after your mum, that can be very painful.

By the way have a nice new gas cooker being delivered in the morning. Definately not all bad eh!

Have a good Wednesday Mandy xx

Wednesday 4th December

I lost 1.25 pounds, I was shocked and happy as I really thought I'd stay the same after the weekend. So I'm back in the 10's and determined to try and stay to plan this week.

image-2544080088.jpg

image-791255042.jpg

I don't know if you can see the graph, this year has been a bit up and down lol. At least the general trend is down :)

Thanks everyone :)
I've had a long day, I think the world of my mum, but she completely drains me. I have never come across another person who is so negative, she isn't interested in solutions just in all the things that will go wrong in any situation. It makes me very sad.
On a happier note - I stuck to plan!

Breakfast - Porridge with honey

Lunch - Haddock with most of the batter removed and mushy peas, 3 of mums chips

Dinner - Pasta bake

Snacks - Yogurt, small voddy

Wow well done on removing the batter, and only having 3 chips! You should be very proud of yourself :)

Shame about the negativity. My partners nan is a bit like that - very negative about everything, even though she has a pretty good life and not much to complain about. I think sometimes people just can't help it, it's a learnt behaviour almost that they just can't snap out of... Good job we love em eh :D x

Thanks everyone :)
I've had a long day, I think the world of my mum, but she completely drains me. I have never come across another person who is so negative, she isn't interested in solutions just in all the things that will go wrong in any situation. It makes me very sad.
On a happier note - I stuck to plan!

Breakfast - Porridge with honey

Lunch - Haddock with most of the batter removed and mushy peas, 3 of mums chips

Dinner - Pasta bake

Snacks - Yogurt, small voddy

Sounds like your mum and mine could be twins.... she is just the same xx

Thursday 5th December

It's very quiet on here today, has everyone been blown away?

Breakfast - Branflakes, milk, orange juice

Lunch - Ham sandwich, hoops and crosses

Dinner - Corned beef hash, beans

Snack - ww yoghurt and maybe a cheeky vino

Well done on leaving batter and (mostly!) ignoring the chips, particularly as you were stressed.

It is quiet on here which makes me wonder if people are already beginning to struggle with Christmas events. I've got a whole load of things between tomorrow night and Wednesday and finding it very difficult not to adopt an 'Oh well, might as well not bother' attitude even though I know it doesn't make sense.

Really need to convince myself that I can and should practice damage limitation when I can.

Wow took batter off, I find that so hard. Good for you, well done Mandy. x

Back