Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

It would be better an inch longer.
I've had Rob cut the back for me because it looked odd, letting him near my hair with a pair of scissors says it all!
I've had a 'doing jobs' sort of day, but everything is now organised. Cards written, presents wrapped, hopefully we'll finally get the decorations up tomorrow so now all there is to do is enjoy it.
I'm not doing too bad food wise either, I doubt I'll lose owt this week, but I shouldn't gain.

Ooo sounds like you need a new hairdresser next time Mandy, shouldn't need to do that after and it's expensive enough to get it cut hey. It will soon grow that inch x good to get organised for Xmas hey. I still need to pick up a couple more pressies and wrap things, then it's just food shop to finish really. Always comes together in the end.

It would be better an inch longer. I've had Rob cut the back for me because it looked odd, letting him near my hair with a pair of scissors says it all! I've had a 'doing jobs' sort of day, but everything is now organised. Cards written, presents wrapped, hopefully we'll finally get the decorations up tomorrow so now all there is to do is enjoy it. I'm not doing too bad food wise either, I doubt I'll lose owt this week, but I shouldn't gain.

I usually wish they had cut mine an inch shorter - I want value for money! Was it your normal hairdresser? I can accept someone who doesn't know your hair may not get it quite right but someone who's done it several times should know how it moves. Ideally you should have gone back as they should correct it free of charge.

You make me feel so lazy! Most of my cards are written and posted, just the ones that I want to add a note to are still to be done. I've made a start on present-wrapping and have got the decorations out but still need to get some dusting and tidying done before I put them up.

A maintain is as good as a loss at this time of year!

I'm sad to say I've had the same hairdresser for 16 years! She'll do it one time and it's perfect, the next not. If she gets carried away 'telling the tale' it's as though she forgets herself and keeps cutting grrr...

Monday 16th December

Christmas is coming and Mandy's looking fat...
One of my nicest customers has just brought me a HUMUNGOUS box of thorntons choccies. I know I should give them to the lads, but they were given boxes of beer so I'm keeping the choccies. I shall have one a day and torture Rob with them :D

Breakfast - All bran and milk

Lunch - JP and cheese

Dinner - Sausage casserole and roasties

Today I've eaten, and eaten, then eaten a bit more!
We're having lots of goodies brought into work and I can't resist. I'm going to try not to be completely stupid but I think I've pretty much thrown the towel in until new year.
New year, new me, same old resolution!

Today I've eaten, and eaten, then eaten a bit more!
We're having lots of goodies brought into work and I can't resist. I'm going to try not to be completely stupid but I think I've pretty much thrown the towel in until new year.
New year, new me, same old resolution!

The Christmas bussies doesn't help either x

I agree that this time of year is very difficult. We are also being given goodies by grateful managers, staff and students but my colleagues are very good at waving the box from the other side of the room out of politeness and not pushing me to 'join in' - it leaves more for them, anyway!

It isn't really about the next two weeks or so - it's about the other weeks of the year when we have nothing on. My strategy over Christmas to be on plan when I can be, but to enjoy some treats. I'm aiming for January 2nd as my proper restart date - the day I return to work - but last year I restarted early as I'd just had enough of rich, sweet or fatty things and I was beginning to feel not exactly unwell, but not quite well either.

Declare your Christmas has started, enjoy whatever you want without guilt. As you say New Year, New Start and any immediate gain will disappear pretty quickly.

I'm in shock! I've lost a whole quarter of a pound, putting me at 10.12, I really expected a gain after yesterday.
Thinking about it sensibly, as this is the first year in a long time that I've managed to be in the 10's, it would be really nice to start the new year at 10 something, so that is my plan even if it's 10.13 and 3/4 lol.
Patty, what you said about not exactly feeling well last year has brought it back to me that I was exactly the same, and I got back on the wagon a couple of days before new year because I was sick of eating and drinking.

Nice to have a plan x

Woo well done on losing the quarter of a lb. it's great when you lose when you're not expecting to isnt it.

It's so hard to diet right now. I just can't get myself motivated. Like you say, 2014 can and will be your year. Losing weight is not a race, there's no rush and you are consciously making an effort so don't beat yourself up about it. X

Wednesdays munchies...

Breakfast - Branflakes and milk

Lunch - Hot beef and onion baguette with chunky chips

Dinner - pasta bake

Snacks - 2 x Budweiser, Apple and blackberry pie with ice cream

Yummylicious and a tad off plan

Hi Mandy this new diary is looking far too good to me haha
Unfortunately I'm on your page literally we all should do better after Xmas
But I'm loving the diary
Xx

Thursdays pigfest...

:sigh:
I'm only posting this because I promised myself I would keep a check on the horror that is my pre-Christmas diet

Breakfast - Bran flakes and milk

Lunch - large turkey stuffing and cranberry baguette, iced chocolate cookie, three bags of hoops and crosses

My reasoning behind the hoops and crosses is I don't like them very much so they need removing from my desk drawer.
Am I quite right in the head?
:17729:
Goodness knows what I'll have when I get home...

Back