Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass...

Food looking good!

Men! Bailey (and you!) coped in the autumn when you went away so could you book an overnight stay somewhere really luxurious - or a spa break? Not the same as a holiday I know, but it does give you something to look forward to.

I know what you mean about it being good to get back to work; there's something reassuring about routine. I do sometimes worry about how I'll cope with retirement - I think I'll miss the framework of a working day and might just drift aimlessly from day to day. Fortunately, or unfortunately, there's still some time before that happens,

Thanks Patty x
I think when it comes to retirement I'll have to create some other form of routine, I'd go stir crazy if I was left to my own devices!
I wish I could be more spontaneous and take each day as it comes, maybe I'm too much of a control freak :D
It's nice not to feel full to bursting.

Sorry about the reaction you got about bailey :( I don't like how heartless people can be when it comes to animals - they are our families!

I know what you mean about needing something to look forward to, it does help to get through the days doesn't it. As someone suggested, how about just a night away? Or even just a nice evening out somewhere, see a show in London or something.

Well done for being back on plan! You're doing so well x

Aw thank you, that's lovely :)
I feel better now I've cut back again, but I'm a bit peckish now. It's amazing how quickly you get used to eating large amounts :eek:
Can I be cheeky and ask your name? I feel like I've known you for ages!

YAAAAY!
10 stone 13.5 pounds! I did it! I started this year in the 10's! :D
I lost exactly 11 pounds last year, not brilliant but much much better than a gain :)
January's mission is to lose 7 pounds and not to drink alcohol :beer: I've signed up for the cancer research dryathlon...wish me luck!

Hi Mandy I'm really happy to see you are at sw and going great. Well done on your loss this year.

I'm just popping in to wish you a really happy new year and hoping you get all you wish for.

Life has been ok for me lately I'm back working and feeling great , I'm still eating a lot of sw meals but stopped counting syns a long time ago. My New Years resolution is to get back on plan... I'm off work again for 8 weeks im having surgery on the 14 jan so could be popping in when I have a lot of time on my hands again

I haven't the time at the min to read back on your diary but I hope life has been good to you. Enjoy your day. Chat soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Moira! Happy new year to you too! I'm so pleased you've popped on, I've missed you! I hope your op isn't anything serious? X

Happy New Year to you Mandy. Hope the dryathalon is ok.

Me -back on it as from today

Happy New Year Mandy... Brilliant getting into the 10's xx

Wednesday 1st January

Foodage

Breakfast - Cheerios and milk

Lunch - Beans and egg on toast

Dinner - Maggi Mexican and rice

Snacks - 2 x celebrations

Aw thank you, that's lovely :)
I feel better now I've cut back again, but I'm a bit peckish now. It's amazing how quickly you get used to eating large amounts :eek:
Can I be cheeky and ask your name? I feel like I've known you for ages!

I know what you mean, I'm trying to he good today and all I can think about is food! For the last week I've just been constantly eating, as you say it's so easy to fall back into that habit again.

Of course, my name is Becky :) I do assume your name is Mandy? Lol. I know what you mean, minis is lovely isnt it because even tho most of us probably don't know each other personally, you feel as tho you do and know that you can always get friendly chats and advice :) haha I sound like an advertisement for it lol x

Ohh and happy new year! Sounds like you're feeling very positive and that you know you can do this, which of course you can x

I know what you mean, I'm trying to he good today and all I can think about is food! For the last week I've just been constantly eating, as you say it's so easy to fall back into that habit again.

Of course, my name is Becky :) I do assume your name is Mandy? Lol. I know what you mean, minis is lovely isnt it because even tho most of us probably don't know each other personally, you feel as tho you do and know that you can always get friendly chats and advice :) haha I sound like an advertisement for it lol x

Ohh and happy new year! Sounds like you're feeling very positive and that you know you can do this, which of course you can x

Nice to 'meet' you! :D

Thursday 2nd January

Back to work and normality properly now :)

Breakfast - Cheerios and Milk

Lunch - Ham and lettuce sandwich

Dinner - Pasta bake and salad

Snacks - 2 x cheerios, wotsits

Well done on keeping to plan. That is not an easy thing to do. Keep going.

I ended up having a sarni before bed, but did not eat it all, was not really hungry - just want to eat -

Back