Diary of a Pint Sized Pretender

Amazing! Well done!

Thanks girls! I'm really happy to be back on track :)

So I should probably start my food diary again properly now.

Today:

Breakfast: 40g branflakes with skimmed milk (215)
Snack: Granola and yoghurt (157)
Lunch: Tomato and basil soup (144)
Snack: Large banana (121) WW vanilla creamed rice (112)
Dinner: Tesco beef steak burger (190) soft white roll (175) red onion relish (42) garden salad (30)
Snack: Highlights hot chocolate sachet (40)
Drinks: Tea x4 (52) Squash (5)

Total: 1283

I think with the amount of food I have there that's a pretty good day :)

Kickboxing tomorrow - looking forward to it! Can't make the second session this week because I'm meeting one of my uni friends for a catch up. I haven't seen him for ages so might go over calories as we are going to the pub, but I'll try and be good. How is everyone else doing? xx

Thanks Natalie!

Thinking of buying a slow cooker - does anyone have one and do you leave it on all day whilst your out at work (in my case it would be from 9am until 8.30pm)? Is that safe??

Thinking I could make quite a few low calorie dishes in it - quorn sausage casserole, beef stew etc.

Any recipe suggestions would be well received! Thanks! x

OK you're all going to be really proud of me...

Today I got up early and went to the gym before work (30mins on exercise bike plus a few press ups and stretches) then went kickboxing for an hour after work too! :D

Think I should have eaten a bit more throughout the day though coz felt really shaky in kickboxing! Was good though!

Currently on 1243, may have a hot chocolate in a min which will take me to 1283 - very happy with that!! :)

Going to be buying my slow cooker tomorrow and really looking forward to trying out some low calorie recipies!

Oh and in other good news... I came home from work yesterday feeling really bummed out because there are no real career opportunities there and so I looked at a few jobs on the internet and applied for two - and I've already got an interview!! Not holding my breath as I'm way out of my depth for it - but I'll give it a go and see if it goes anywhere. Would be quite a big pay rise so if I do some how manage to pull it off I would be very happy!! Now... does any one know anything about investment fund management...?????!!!!

Congratulations! Good luck! :)

Thanks Bostik! I think I'm going to have to be totally honest and tell them I only have a general knowledge of investing, but that I'm eager to learn and that I'm motivated and committed etc...

Fingers crossed!!

Ended yesterday on 1285 :)

No excerise planned today but pub lunch - let's see if there is anything remotely healthy on the menu!!! x

Wow, what a day you had yesterday. Go you!!! :)

Definitley eat a little more if you are feeling light headed. Maybe a banana or some nuts. You did alot of exercise yesterday.

Keep it up hun!!! :)

Thanks Squeezy! I think I did actually have a banana, but it musn't have been enough. In the past I've gone to the gym in the morning even after having a banana and I've been sooo close to passing out that I've had to leave after 10 mins, and then when I got in the car park my head was swimming, I felt sick and my vision went really blurry! Wasn't good! It passed after a while though!

So far this week I've stuck to calories really well. Last night was no exception - ended the day on 1067. However, the scales don't seem to be agreeing with me! I've only lost 0.5lbs since last weigh in :( which is a bit disheartening! I'm not doing anything differently to what I did last week, it just doesn't seem to be coming off very well. I know you normally get a really good loss in the first week and then it starts slowing down, but should it have slowed down this fast already? I would really really like to be under 8st by weigh in, and I'll need to lose another 0.5lbs just to make it to 7st 13.75lbs. Maybe because I am near goal it isn't going to come off very well - but I don't know how motivated I can stay if I'm only going to lose 0.5lb a week. :(

Anways - interview yesterday went ok. I'm starting to have my doubts about the job though. I'm gonna talk it over with a few friends over a drink at lunch and see what they think.

Hope everyone has a good day and TGIF!!!! x

Back