ProPoints Diary of a podgy bride (sigh)...

Maria2206

Silver Member
I hate my wedding photo's.

I got married on 5 January 2013 after a very stressful couple of months at work. I had lost a good 8 - 10lbs towards the end of 2012 but due to having to constantly work late and grabbing convenience foods late in the day, I must have put a good few pounds back on.

Then there was the Christmas festivities and feasting, which I did try to sensibly limit.

By the time 5 January came, I had the flu, I was stressed to hell, I didn't have time to get a spray tan and my dress was uncomfortably tight - I did not feel good on the day at all! I was a pasty-white, fat, middle-aged dumpling of a bride. On the plus side, on our wedding day the new husband was nursing a hangover, was a good several stone overweight and a bad hairdo so he didn't look too good either! Then we had the photo's to face, which I was really looking forward to seeing. They captured the great day we had but quite honestly they were not pleasant viewing for either of us.

So....that was the turning point and since then....

• I have been working on getting jogging using the Couck to 5k NHS podcasts. Today I ran the first session of week 3: and
  • I signed up to WW (after trying Slimming World which just didn't work for me as I was undoubtedly over-eating). I lost 4st on WW many years ago and maintained for many years following the plan's basic principals. Slowly but surely I relaxed and the weight crept back on so now I am back. I rejoined on 31st July and am feeling very positive so far. It seems right to be "pointing" most of the foods up and reminding myself which foods are low in points.

I was eating reasonably well on SW and now that I am limiting my portions I shall be very interested to see what the scales have to say on Wednesday.

Maria

welcome :welcome2:
here to subscribe. looking forward to reading your diary. Well done on the jogging sounds like your enjoying it. How are you finding the new pro points system?

welcome :welcome2:
here to subscribe. looking forward to reading your diary. Well done on the jogging sounds like your enjoying it. How are you finding the new pro points system?

Thanks.
I did WW a while ago when PP first started and found that the 29 points a day minimum was too much for me and I constantly gained 1lb a week so I jettisoned WW and dabbled with a load of other diets before returning to WW. The 26 a day minimum seems to be working much better for me.
I am almost at the end of my first week and I found PP much easier this time round. Probably because I was in the habit of eating the right foods from the SW regime and I just had to reduce my portion sizes. One benefit of WW v SW is I can take ready meals in to work which makes it easy to keep on track.
I'm also finding cutting out diet foods (such as WW crisps and biscuits) makes a big difference because they take up a lot of points but don't satisfy.
As for the running, yes I am enjoying it surprisingly. I have another run scheduled for tomorrow and I can definitely see an improvement each week. I couldn't even run 30 seconds on a treadmill a while ago!
I can see from your start and current weight that you have done really well. How are you getting on now?

I hate my wedding photo's.

I got married on 5 January 2013 after a very stressful couple of months at work. I had lost a good 8 - 10lbs towards the end of 2012 but due to having to constantly work late and grabbing convenience foods late in the day, I must have put a good few pounds back on.

Then there was the Christmas festivities and feasting, which I did try to sensibly limit.

By the time 5 January came, I had the flu, I was stressed to hell, I didn't have time to get a spray tan and my dress was uncomfortably tight - I did not feel good on the day at all! I was a pasty-white, fat, middle-aged dumpling of a bride. On the plus side, on our wedding day the new husband was nursing a hangover, was a good several stone overweight and a bad hairdo so he didn't look too good either! Then we had the photo's to face, which I was really looking forward to seeing. They captured the great day we had but quite honestly they were not pleasant viewing for either of us.

So....that was the turning point and since then....

[*]I have been working on getting jogging using the Couck to 5k NHS podcasts. Today I ran the first session of week 3: and
[*]I signed up to WW (after trying Slimming World which just didn't work for me as I was undoubtedly over-eating). I lost 4st on WW many years ago and maintained for many years following the plan's basic principals. Slowly but surely I relaxed and the weight crept back on so now I am back. I rejoined on 31st July and am feeling very positive so far. It seems right to be "pointing" most of the foods up and reminding myself which foods are low in points.

I was eating reasonably well on SW and now that I am limiting my portions I shall be very interested to see what the scales have to say on Wednesday.

Maria

Hey Sweetie :) You've taken some fantastic steps to changing your life! Good Luck for WI on Wednesday :) Looking forward to reading your diary! X

Yea I'm nearly at goal I'm doing fine but I think maintaining it is going to be the hardest for me! I want to get to goal next tues cuz I have my hens that weekend and then it's only 4weeks until the wedding and I want to be well into maintenance by then

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Sweetie :) You've taken some fantastic steps to changing your life! Good Luck for WI on Wednesday :) Looking forward to reading your diary! X

Ah, thanks Serena! Had an interesting couple of days...

Yea I'm nearly at goal I'm doing fine but I think maintaining it is going to be the hardest for me! I want to get to goal next tues cuz I have my hens that weekend and then it's only 4weeks until the wedding and I want to be well into maintenance by then

You've done so well and as you've virtually got to goal I am sure you will feel fantastic on the day and not have a mare of a day like I did! The hen weekends are usually a tricky time with (presumably) plenty of drink to be had and food on the go - unless you have something more sophisticated planned. Regardless of that, fingers crossed for you on Tuesday. Good luck!

Well the podgy bride was almost a slightly less podgy widow at the weekend.

My husband thought he was having a heart attack and was taken to A&E. He wasn't having one but he certainly had a strange turn. The worst of it was he blacked out in the hospital Resus room and his heard stopped for 33 seconds. It was like a scene out of Casualty, red lights flashing, alarms going off, and a team of doctors appeared out of thin air. I have to admit, I though he was a goner, looking at the monitors showing no heartbeat but they got him going again and he is right as rain now. It was almost me with the heart attack.

Despite all that I managed to stay on track (did break into my weeklies for some comfort toast and marmalade but I thought that was fair play). If that doesn't show commitment, I don't know what does!

First WI tomorrow (eek).

Well the podgy bride was almost a slightly less podgy widow at the weekend.

My husband thought he was having a heart attack and was taken to A&E. He wasn't having one but he certainly had a strange turn. The worst of it was he blacked out in the hospital Resus room and his heard stopped for 33 seconds. It was like a scene out of Casualty, red lights flashing, alarms going off, and a team of doctors appeared out of thin air. I have to admit, I though he was a goner, looking at the monitors showing no heartbeat but they got him going again and he is right as rain now. It was almost me with the heart attack.

Despite all that I managed to stay on track (did break into my weeklies for some comfort toast and marmalade but I thought that was fair play). If that doesn't show commitment, I don't know what does!

First WI tomorrow (eek).

OMG Maria! What an awful experience to have to go through :-( Im so glad that he was ok, do they know what caused it??? Is he resting this week?Im totally signed up to the Weeklies club, they are there to used and enjoyed! Good Luck for tomorrow, I hope the Scales reflect and reward your hard work.x

Here to subscribe, god that was an awful experience hope he is feeling better now and fair play to you for sticking to your diet in such a streeful time. I always eat all my weeklies too and still loss weight

Thanks for your comments UKSerena and Sweet as Pie. The husband is right as rain now thanks, apart from having to lose 2 - 3 stone, which suits me right down to the ground! It was the scare he needed to kickstart him into action and he has stopped moaning about my low fat cooking. Every cloud and all that....

I had my first WI yesterday and lost 2lb, which I am quite happy with. I know I won't lose the same vast amounts that new starters lose because I was already eating quite healthily. I also sat in my first WW class for years and treated myself to a new cookbook.

In fact if anyone looked at my bookshelf and saw all the diet plans, diet cookbooks and workout plans they would be convinced a fitness freak lived in my house!

So I am now into week two and feeling focussed and strong. I briefly thought about a M & S soft chocolate cookie yesterday but simply gave myself a mental slap for it and had a Shape apple crumble yogurt (2pp) instead.

I have a lovely day off work tomorrow so roll on 5.30pm!

Thanks for your comments UKSerena and Sweet as Pie. The husband is right as rain now thanks, apart from having to lose 2 - 3 stone, which suits me right down to the ground! It was the scare he needed to kickstart him into action and he has stopped moaning about my low fat cooking. Every cloud and all that....

I had my first WI yesterday and lost 2lb, which I am quite happy with. I know I won't lose the same vast amounts that new starters lose because I was already eating quite healthily. I also sat in my first WW class for years and treated myself to a new cookbook.

In fact if anyone looked at my bookshelf and saw all the diet plans, diet cookbooks and workout plans they would be convinced a fitness freak lived in my house!

So I am now into week two and feeling focussed and strong. I briefly thought about a M & S soft chocolate cookie yesterday but simply gave myself a mental slap for it and had a Shape apple crumble yogurt (2pp) instead.

I have a lovely day off work tomorrow so roll on 5.30pm!

Hey Sweetie :) So glad to hear that hubby is doing ok and he got the much needed kick up the bum ;-) A 2lb Loss is fab and made even better by your Willpower regarding the Cookie! Yes it may have temporarily made u feel good but I'm sure the yogurt was just as satisfying and it won't adversely affect next weeks WI! Good Luck for the week ahead :) Week 2 is always hard so don't get disheartened if your loss is small next week, just stick with it! X

We went to a local agricultural show yesterday, complete with packed lunch to keep us away from the burger and hog roast stands. Our only indulgence was a Mr Whippy ice cream, which ate into my weeklies for the first time this week. I chose on a controlled basis but in hindsight, I should have stuck to my guns and had a Solero but hey ho at least I have acknowledged it and pointed it.

I did my final run of week 3 of Couch to 5k although judging from how sore my calves are I think I will have to do the week 3 run for another day before I move on to week 4.

Today I am off to a BBQ and we are eating BEFORE we go. Husband is driving so that will keep him off the pop whereas I have budgeted for a couple of vodkas and diet cokes. I've got my sunglasses on my head in anticipation although it is looking a bit overcast.

Enjoy your weekend peeps.

We went to a local agricultural show yesterday, complete with packed lunch to keep us away from the burger and hog roast stands. Our only indulgence was a Mr Whippy ice cream, which ate into my weeklies for the first time this week. I chose on a controlled basis but in hindsight, I should have stuck to my guns and had a Solero but hey ho at least I have acknowledged it and pointed it.

I did my final run of week 3 of Couch to 5k although judging from how sore my calves are I think I will have to do the week 3 run for another day before I move on to week 4.

Today I am off to a BBQ and we are eating BEFORE we go. Husband is driving so that will keep him off the pop whereas I have budgeted for a couple of vodkas and diet cokes. I've got my sunglasses on my head in anticipation although it is looking a bit overcast.

Enjoy your weekend peeps.

Hope u enjoy your BBQ :) Did u manage to stick to having no food and just a couple of vodka and diet cokes ;-) x

Hope u enjoy your BBQ :) Did u manage to stick to having no food and just a couple of vodka and diet cokes ;-) x

The BBQ was a good laugh, didn't stick to my anticipated drinks quota though. Instead of the anticipated 2-3, I got through 6-7. I also had a nibble about 6pm but it was on 0pp vegetable kebabs with a smidgen of halloumi. The drink was the problem and it took me over by about 8pp, but as I have still got 34 weeklies and 5 activity points unused, I can live with that.

I was reading the posts in the 10 week challenge thread and the comments about having to live a hermit's life whilst on a strict diet are so true. That said, I have been out two days in a row and gone over each day by about 8pp and if that only happens at the weekends and I don't use the weeklies mid-week, I will be quite happy with that. We do have to "live a little" don't we?

The BBQ was a good laugh, didn't stick to my anticipated drinks quota though. Instead of the anticipated 2-3, I got through 6-7. I also had a nibble about 6pm but it was on 0pp vegetable kebabs with a smidgen of halloumi. The drink was the problem and it took me over by about 8pp, but as I have still got 34 weeklies and 5 activity points unused, I can live with that.

I was reading the posts in the 10 week challenge thread and the comments about having to live a hermit's life whilst on a strict diet are so true. That said, I have been out two days in a row and gone over each day by about 8pp and if that only happens at the weekends and I don't use the weeklies mid-week, I will be quite happy with that. We do have to "live a little" don't we?

Too Right! Life is for living! I think you did really well to only go over by 8, some people might of gone over by 80! Vegetable and Halloumi Kebabs sound yummy, not made that combination before! X

Too Right! Life is for living! I think you did really well to only go over by 8, some people might of gone over by 80! Vegetable and Halloumi Kebabs sound yummy, not made that combination before! X

I'm going to make them aswell - they were delish. Red, yellow and orange peppers with chunks of courgette. I will add chunks of onion when I make them and I saw "light" halloumi in Tesco recently. A spray of fry light a bit of seasoning and they will be even more fab. x

I'm going to make them aswell - they were delish. Red, yellow and orange peppers with chunks of courgette. I will add chunks of onion when I make them and I saw "light" halloumi in Tesco recently. A spray of fry light a bit of seasoning and they will be even more fab. x

Just checked and you can have 37g of light or 29g of normal for 2pp :) I have Garlic n Rosemary Seasoning in the cupboard, that's lovely on Kebabs. X

Back