ProPoints Diary of a podgy bride (sigh)...

I had to fly to Dublin to see a client today and I have been worried about how I would stick to plan all week. On the whole, I think I did ok though:

Breakfast at home: 2 weetabix (3), berries, skimmed milk (1)
Airport: 1 small skinny capuccino (2)
Lunch with client: vegetable soup, bread roll, butter portion (guesstimate 6+5+2 = 13)
Dinner: garlic crispy chicken (5), new potatoes (4), carrots, peas (1), green beans
All day: skimmed milk (1), banana, black coffee

The lunch was hard to guesstimate but it was a creamy soup so I have added a couple of points on to account for that. I probably over-estimated the points because when I got home, 3 hours later, I was STARVING and I certainly didn't feel like I had eaten 13 points. My choice was the best on the menu, which was typical bar food of burgers, fried food, pizza and creamy pasta dishes.

Tomorrow is WI, which I am a bit nervous about because I have gone slightly over my points the last couple of days. That said, I have only eaten into my weeklies by about 5 points so not bad at all overall.

Also, my computer is working again thanks to techy husband (yay!). I missed this site!

I had to fly to Dublin to see a client today and I have been worried about how I would stick to plan all week. On the whole, I think I did ok though:

Breakfast at home: 2 weetabix (3), berries, skimmed milk (1)
Airport: 1 small skinny capuccino (2)
Lunch with client: vegetable soup, bread roll, butter portion (guesstimate 6+5+2 = 13)
Dinner: garlic crispy chicken (5), new potatoes (4), carrots, peas (1), green beans
All day: skimmed milk (1), banana, black coffee

The lunch was hard to guesstimate but it was a creamy soup so I have added a couple of points on to account for that. I probably over-estimated the points because when I got home, 3 hours later, I was STARVING and I certainly didn't feel like I had eaten 13 points. My choice was the best on the menu, which was typical bar food of burgers, fried food, pizza and creamy pasta dishes.

Tomorrow is WI, which I am a bit nervous about because I have gone slightly over my points the last couple of days. That said, I have only eaten into my weeklies by about 5 points so not bad at all overall.

Also, my computer is working again thanks to techy husband (yay!). I missed this site!

Well Done on your choices! I think you did excellent under the circumstances and Im sure your choices will be reflected in your WI tomorrow. Did u not fancy using the rest of your Weeklies? X PS-It's so hard to track when you're out isn't it, it means I always pick the same dishes at the same restaurants, rather boring if I'm honest! X

I think you did well considering you were out, good luck in your WI today.

PS i use majority of my weeklies every week and still lose weight i dont want my body getting used to eating less so when i have a bad week or just need that extra push i can reduce the weeklies i use and kick start my weight loss again if you know what i mean

Well Done on your choices! I think you did excellent under the circumstances and Im sure your choices will be reflected in your WI tomorrow. Did u not fancy using the rest of your Weeklies? X PS-It's so hard to track when you're out isn't it, it means I always pick the same dishes at the same restaurants, rather boring if I'm honest! X

I think you did well considering you were out, good luck in your WI today.

PS i use majority of my weeklies every week and still lose weight i dont want my body getting used to eating less so when i have a bad week or just need that extra push i can reduce the weeklies i use and kick start my weight loss again if you know what i mean

Thanks for the advice both of you. I am really uneasy about the weeklies. A couple of years ago I rejoined WW and consistently gained 1lb a week for about six weeks. At that time, the minimum dailies were 29 and the weeklies where the same. Now that the dailies are 26 I am seeing results so I don't want to dip into the weeklies any more than I have to. That said, I understand were you are both coming from - I've pretty much got nowhere to go if I am already eating the minimum.

When I get into the 10st bracket, I will dip into the weeklies a bit more but until then (3lb to go) I will stick to what has been working and leave the weeklies to largely cover mistakes or hungry days.

I lost another 2lb this week and I am very happy about that.

Thanks for the advice both of you. I am really uneasy about the weeklies. A couple of years ago I rejoined WW and consistently gained 1lb a week for about six weeks. At that time, the minimum dailies were 29 and the weeklies where the same. Now that the dailies are 26 I am seeing results so I don't want to dip into the weeklies any more than I have to. That said, I understand were you are both coming from - I've pretty much got nowhere to go if I am already eating the minimum.

When I get into the 10st bracket, I will dip into the weeklies a bit more but until then (3lb to go) I will stick to what has been working and leave the weeklies to largely cover mistakes or hungry days.

I lost another 2lb this week and I am very happy about that.

Well Done on your 2lb Loss :) And as the saying Says, Don't try and fix it if it ain't broken! Everyone is different, that's what is great about WW, you can suit it to you! X

Well Done on your 2lb Loss :) And as the saying Says, Don't try and fix it if it ain't broken! Everyone is different, that's what is great about WW, you can suit it to you! X

Thanks - and agreed! x

Are u getting on ok with the plan in general? X

Yes, I really am, thanks for asking. I don't want to tempt fate but I haven't felt this positive on a plan in years. I know it's because I am seeing results AND enjoying the food. Yesterday, I was walking through town and although I had eaten my lunch I got a craving for a Twix. In the past, I'd have gone in to Poundland and bought 2 of the extra big ones and scoffed the lot. This time, I told myself "no", walked back to the office, ate my yogurt and banana and didn't give it another thought. Let me tell you, that's turning a corner and a half for me!

I decided I was going to try to avoid negative thinking this time round and that's helped too. You sound like you are still right in the zone and you have a lot of positive posts on here and I really think that's the way to do it.
x

Yes, I really am, thanks for asking. I don't want to tempt fate but I haven't felt this positive on a plan in years. I know it's because I am seeing results AND enjoying the food. Yesterday, I was walking through town and although I had eaten my lunch I got a craving for a Twix. In the past, I'd have gone in to Poundland and bought 2 of the extra big ones and scoffed the lot. This time, I told myself "no", walked back to the office, ate my yogurt and banana and didn't give it another thought. Let me tell you, that's turning a corner and a half for me!

I decided I was going to try to avoid negative thinking this time round and that's helped too. You sound like you are still right in the zone and you have a lot of positive posts on here and I really think that's the way to do it.
x

Go You Sweetie! I can totally see where you're coming from with your 'Twix Victory' I feel like that every time I tackle a challenge head on and I come out on top it spurs me to continue! I find Minimins to be a great support and in nearly 14Weeks I haven't cheated once, that's unheard of for me! X

So now I am halfway through week 4 and I have re-learned a lot.

I have not been able to do my Couch to 5k runs this week and yesterday (in the presence of husband's biscuits and sweet eating kids) I had a little urge for a snack sized chocolate digestive. I didn't have one though - instead I had a WW hot choc. Today we took them out for ice cream by the seaside and I participated but just had a Solero (3pp).

I am getting back into the habit of choosing better treat options (although have tried to totally cut them out as a general rule) although when I haven't exercised, I can feel the sloppy habits creeping in.

Still very happy with the results though - six pounds off as at Wednesday gone and a sneaky peek at the scales tells me that I should be on for another 2lb loss this week. I will be delighted with that if it materialises on the day!

I am so glad I came back to WW.

So now I am halfway through week 4 and I have re-learned a lot.

I have not been able to do my Couch to 5k runs this week and yesterday (in the presence of husband's biscuits and sweet eating kids) I had a little urge for a snack sized chocolate digestive. I didn't have one though - instead I had a WW hot choc. Today we took them out for ice cream by the seaside and I participated but just had a Solero (3pp).

I am getting back into the habit of choosing better treat options (although have tried to totally cut them out as a general rule) although when I haven't exercised, I can feel the sloppy habits creeping in.

Still very happy with the results though - six pounds off as at Wednesday gone and a sneaky peek at the scales tells me that I should be on for another 2lb loss this week. I will be delighted with that if it materialises on the day!

I am so glad I came back to WW.

Well Done on making better choices with your trips. You don't need to miss out with WW, just choose wisely :) Hope Wednesday goes your way and the Scales sing your tune.x

So this is the end of my 4th week on WW and I am still enjoying the food. I think I am starting to look a little trimmer too. In fact I was walking round the house with my arms full of clothes and my jeans fell down off my hips and ended up round my knees. I'm not making that up!

Two days ago, I was on for another 2lb loss whereas this morning I was on for a STS. Tomorrow is official WI day and I will be a bit disappointed if I STS because I have been spot on all week but I do know that my body does strange things to the scales, which is exactly why we shouldn't weigh ourselves more than once a week, I know, I know, but I just can't help myself.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.....

So this is the end of my 4th week on WW and I am still enjoying the food. I think I am starting to look a little trimmer too. In fact I was walking round the house with my arms full of clothes and my jeans fell down off my hips and ended up round my knees. I'm not making that up!

Two days ago, I was on for another 2lb loss whereas this morning I was on for a STS. Tomorrow is official WI day and I will be a bit disappointed if I STS because I have been spot on all week but I do know that my body does strange things to the scales, which is exactly why we shouldn't weigh ourselves more than once a week, I know, I know, but I just can't help myself.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.....

I'm loving the jeans round knees story, I do hope you weren't commando at the time ;-) Fingers crossed you do better than a STS tomorrow but couldn't agree more about Sneaky WIs, they aren't good for our mental health! X Look forward to your result tomorrow :) x

I had a lovely day's grub today. I missed breakfast because I had a meeting so for lunch I had a lovely bowl of homemade butternut squash and red pepper soup out of the freezer with a delish sandwich made with thick granary bread, ham, mayo and salad. Very satisfying.

For tea I had salmon, new potatoes, steamed carrots, broccoli and parsley sauce. The parsley sauce was a great find at 1pp per serving and it makes the meal feel much more luxurious. I am definitely a saucey gal.

I am brimming with positivity at the moment and have been for the last month. This is the longest I have stuck to a plan in months. I really hope I can keep it up.

I had a lovely day's grub today. I missed breakfast because I had a meeting so for lunch I had a lovely bowl of homemade butternut squash and red pepper soup out of the freezer with a delish sandwich made with thick granary bread, ham, mayo and salad. Very satisfying.

For tea I had salmon, new potatoes, steamed carrots, broccoli and parsley sauce. The parsley sauce was a great find at 1pp per serving and it makes the meal feel much more luxurious. I am definitely a saucey gal.

I am brimming with positivity at the moment and have been for the last month. This is the longest I have stuck to a plan in months. I really hope I can keep it up.

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive :) Thats because you are a Minimin now ;-) Your food sounds yummy, I love homemade soup! X Keep up the hard work! X

I had a very hungry day yesterday so I ate, simple as that. I nibbled away at 5 of my weeklies (first time I have used any this week) but I spent them on "good" foods, i.e. olives and reduced fat mayo on my salad, meringue nest with yogurt and blueberries for afters. I don't see the point in undoing all the good work and self restraint of the last 4 weeks.

I also reached a milestone in my Couch to 5k programme. I ran for 20 minutes none stop - and I didn't die, collapse or even stop. Yes, it was hard work but I got through it and I am feeling as pleased as punch. My calves are aching now though and I really cannot believe a 20 minute run and a 20 minute power walk only earned me 2 activity points!!

These diaries are a great idea too - it has given me somewhere to express my positivity - it kind of consolidates it.

As I had no breakfast today, I am now off to tuck into husband's healthy spaghetti bolognaise with a goodly side of salad before we venture into town to do some pre-holiday clothes shopping. Great stuff!

I had a very hungry day yesterday so I ate, simple as that. I nibbled away at 5 of my weeklies (first time I have used any this week) but I spent them on "good" foods, i.e. olives and reduced fat mayo on my salad, meringue nest with yogurt and blueberries for afters. I don't see the point in undoing all the good work and self restraint of the last 4 weeks.

I also reached a milestone in my Couch to 5k programme. I ran for 20 minutes none stop - and I didn't die, collapse or even stop. Yes, it was hard work but I got through it and I am feeling as pleased as punch. My calves are aching now though and I really cannot believe a 20 minute run and a 20 minute power walk only earned me 2 activity points!!

These diaries are a great idea too - it has given me somewhere to express my positivity - it kind of consolidates it.

As I had no breakfast today, I am now off to tuck into husband's healthy spaghetti bolognaise with a goodly side of salad before we venture into town to do some pre-holiday clothes shopping. Great stuff!

I think using Weeklies on 'Good Foods' is an excellent idea, Ive sometimes done that with things like an Avocado which I could never 'afford' with dailies. Well Done on your 20min run, I really need to get my butt in gear with some exercise! Did u enjoy the Spag Bol? Did u get any clothes? X

I think using Weeklies on 'Good Foods' is an excellent idea, Ive sometimes done that with things like an Avocado which I could never 'afford' with dailies. Well Done on your 20min run, I really need to get my butt in gear with some exercise! Did u enjoy the Spag Bol? Did u get any clothes? X

The spag bol was lovely (a bit of a large portion though!). The only clothes I bought were a fleece top and a pair of running tights, both for the winter. I like to buy bits of gym kit here and there to keep me motivated. You're looking very slender on your profile pic btw. x

The spag bol was lovely (a bit of a large portion though!). The only clothes I bought were a fleece top and a pair of running tights, both for the winter. I like to buy bits of gym kit here and there to keep me motivated. You're looking very slender on your profile pic btw. x

Awwww thanks Sweetie, 1lb till goal :) I love a big portion lol x

Yet again, I am not looking forward to WI tomorrow.

I have been absolutely spot on all week but I have been peeking at the scales which were showing STS until this morning. Then they showed a 1lb loss (would be happy enough with that) but I have just come back from my Couch to 5k run and since starting, I have always gained a pound on the scales the next day.

I know it can't be fat going on so I don't worry about what the scales say in that respect but I will be seriously hacked off if I record a gain at WI.

Back