Diary of a PomPom...

pommy

Hi everyone..

I thought i'd start a diary to see if this could help me stick to Slimming World by holding me accountable to you all..:whip: (that's you lot keeping me on track not being a dominatrix :8855:)

So my weight loss story so far.. i'm 35, i've been dieting since my late teens. I successfully lost 3 stone about 10 years ago on SW and then met OH, lost my mom, bought a house and got married.. result = stress, stress, stress and 4 stone back on :(

At my heaviest i was 15 stone 2, but i've been going to SW for a few years on and off and i've managed to get down to 13 stone 5 and a half at the moment. I'd like to ideally get down to 10 stone, but i'm aiming for 11 stone first and will review how happy i am then.

Well that's me, in brief..

I'm going to be doing mainly red days, i'm too much of a carboholic to be let loose on green days and i'm no good with the 1/3rd veggie thing on EE.. :eek: but that's not to say i won't occasionally have a green day so i can have a big ol pasta bake. mmmmmmmm.. :drool:

Unfortunately since last weigh in at cless (Tuesdays) i've been on a food rampage. I have stress at work and it's like some switch has been flicked and i'm having/craving everything that I know is no good for me. I've had enough of this now.. i need to get control and try and figure out why it happens!:sigh:

Anyway i just thought i'd introduce myself, i've been reading a few diaries and picked up some tips and inspiration.. thank you!

Last edited:
Morning all,

Well in preparation for me getting back on track, I spent yesterday typing up a list of meals that I can use to create a bit of a meal planner.. i have 58! :eek:

I got quite a few of the recipes from Slimming World World of Flavours book.. i've already tried the Buffalo wings recipe, it was nice but i think next time i make it i'll add a bit more tabasco - i love chilli!!

So my main meals for this week will be -
  • Chinese pork and stir fry veg
  • Roast chicken, new potatoes and veg
  • Bolognese and 35g wholewheat pasta
  • Beef casserole, with veg
  • Pulled pork, salad
  • Lemon and garlic chicken bake
  • Taco's, salad
I have lots of eggs to use up so i'll be making a frittata at some point to take to work for lunches and i also like to make cous cous patties.. need to check out syns for those..

So meals for today - red day
Breakfast
havent had any:nono: - not something i usually do but i had pizza last night (last supper type affair) and it's made me feel a bit icky :sign0137:
Lunch
Bacon, eggs, wholemeal bread(HEb)

Tea
Chinese pork (2 syns) with stir fry veg, carrots, onions, pak choi, beansprouts, peppers. noodles (5syns)

Milk in tea - 100ml today (part HEa)
Strawberries - free
2 x Ryvita(HEb), 28g double gloucester (HEa)
banana, oranges, squirty cream(3)
10 almonds (5)

I'm trying to cut out eating white pasta, white rice and noodles etc so that i can swap to all wholewheat products... i just need to use up my stores of things first that's why i'm using the noodles and synning them!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day playing in the sun x

Last edited:
Hi

I've been doing SW for a while but I posted my diary on here for the first time over the weekend.

So far it has really helped as whenever I feel the need to eat something I shouldn't, I think about having to own up to it on here. I know there will come a time when I do have to admit to eating rubbish but I do think it is making me a little more careful than usual.

Good luck.

Hi Tilly.. ohh i like having a nose on other people's diaries so i'll be scooting on over when i have five minutes to catch up.

I think its psychological isn't it.. i'd feel guilty for not saying i'd eaten 10 packs of sweets etc if i had.. It's like a confessional booth! "Forgive me Sw'ers for i have synned":8855:

Well, i went clothes shopping today - now i hate shopping for clothes with a passion so haven't been in a while. It's always the excuse of "well i'll lose some weight and then i'll get new clothes" so i've been running round like Oliver Twist in me rags.. :giggle:I mainly wear black trousers, black tshirts and jeans.. thats the whole of my wardrobe.. so i decided it's time for a change..

I went into Next and New Look and picked about 10 tops that weren't black, weren't tshirts and one was even strapless:eek: I also made myself pick up 16's - now i haven't been a size 16 for a good long while but it doesn't hurt to try right? Well they only went and fit me.. couldn't believe it!! :bliss:

I bought 4 tops - purple, pastel teal, blue patterned sleeveless and a lovely floaty strappy floral top.. OH was gobsmacked when i showed him..

Now i've just got to have the courage to wear them out in the real world..:hide:

I know what you mean about black though. They say it's slimming. If you ask me I just look like a fat person in black :8855:

:8855:that made me chuckle.. thanks - i'm in such a bad mood today too! this may have been the chink of happiness i need to drag myself out of it!

I'm a bit stressed about a work thing that i have to do and when i get stressed i
a) start eating
b) get in a really bad mood about petty little things

I've avoided the first one so far... i'm hoping i can for the rest of the day - i can't be falling back off track when i've barely started but I have to bake a cake :eek: tonight for someone at work (i make novelty cakes for friends and family) so it's gonna take some doing!

So my red food plan for today, :cross:
Breakfast
Satsuma (i didn't fancy much this morning)

Lunch
1.5 Egg toastie (HEb + 3) beetroot, pickles, 28g cheese (double gloucester)(HEa)bit of salad..

Tea
Roast chicken, veg, 198g new potatoes(HEb) strawberries

Snacks
10 almonds (5) french fries if needed (4)

Hi Pommy,

Welcome and good luck - we can all keep each other motivated I'm sure.
What was the Chinese Pork like?

Good call on the French fries too, Worcester Sauce?

P

Good call on the French fries too, Worcester Sauce?

P

Hi P.. of course - there are no substitutions - worcester sauce all the way!:D Must say though so far i've got through the day without them... so i'm going good.:cross:

The chinese marinade was an Aldi one that i bought a few weeks back - it was 5 syns for the sachet. They do a BBQ one and a hot and spicy one too..

Well i've had a bit of a kitchen disaster today with my chicken - my dad came round earlier and distracted me, honest guv :rolleyes: it was meant to be in the oven for 1.5 hours... i left it on for 3! :sign0007: ahh well it'll just need a bit more chewing:roofles:

Well i've had a bit of a kitchen disaster today with my chicken - my dad came round earlier and distracted me, honest guv :rolleyes: it was meant to be in the oven for 1.5 hours... i left it on for 3! :sign0007: ahh well it'll just need a bit more chewing:roofles:

that made me chuckle! hope wasn't too chewy! mind they say to chew the food slowly then you feel full quickly :8855:

You can do this!

The clothes shopping sounded fab, oh to be a size 16 again

Thanks for dropping in Jackie..

The chicken wasn't too bad :rolleyes:

So todays food.. back at work today :( but at least its more of a routine!

Breakfast - apple, yogurt(3), half a chocolate weetabix (2)
Lunch - Chicken salad, carrot, lettuce, beetroot, cashews (4) 4 ryvita (HEb) cheese triangles (HEa)
Tea - pasta bolognese, mince, carrots, passata, onion, herbs, 35g wholewheat pasta (HEb)
Snackarooneys - satsuma, nectarine, 5 almonds (2.5)

Now i made a bit of a boo boo with the yogurt. I usually have low fat natural yogurt but the Activia pouring yogurt was on offer at tesco.. i thought it would be free but no... its 4 syns per 130ml serving. I have about 100ml so i syn it at 3!! :(

What a waste of syns!! I could have the "nice nice" yogurts for less than that.. oh well i won't be making that mistake again!

Hope everyone is having a fun day x

Now i made a bit of a boo boo with the yogurt. I usually have low fat natural yogurt but the Activia pouring yogurt was on offer at tesco.. i thought it would be free but no... its 4 syns per 130ml serving. I have about 100ml so i syn it at 3!! :(

What a waste of syns!! I could have the "nice nice" yogurts for less than that.. oh well i won't be making that mistake again!

On the positive side, at least you didn't eat it thiking it was free :eek:
Food sounds lovely today :)

Hi Pommy,

Welcome to the diary club. I've been doing mine since a few days after I started. I neglected it for a couple of weeks and managed to completely go off track. I find it really helps to keep focus on what I'm doing and trying to achieve. It's also nice to have a bit of a rant and a bit of a giggle as well.

We seem to have pretty similar targets (I'm currently 13st 1.5 and looking to get down to 10st 10 as my main target) an also pretty similar back stories (I think I've always been on a diet of some kind). I'm a green days girl with occassional extra easy if i fancy a bacon sarnie.

Pop over to my diary if you fancy. if not I'll keep checking back on you to see how you're getting on

Zoe
xx

Good thing you checked on the yoghurt, I've had a few close calls with things I "thought" were free..... mainly dates and figs whilst on holiday!

Hi Pommy,
I have to say firstly that I like your sense of humour and I can see we will get on well :D
Looks like a good start to your diet/lifestyle change (We won't mention the chicken which probably tasted like one of the rubber chickens you buy in the joke shops!) Size 16 clothes YAYYYY and Next ohhh when you get down to a size 14 can I have them pleaseeeeee ;) I am in an 18 at the min but will be there soon as started my meeting tonight!

Look foward to keeping up with your diary and I hope you dont have any more mishaps with your cooking (I secretly do because it made me laugh :rotflmao:)

Catch up with you soon :cross:

NOt a bad idea - we totally need a clothes exchange on here. I've sent so much size 18/20 stuff down to the charity shop recently that I'm sure would have come in handy for someone else who's on their way down but not wanting to have to spend loads just to slim out of it again

Zxx

NOt a bad idea - we totally need a clothes exchange on here. I've sent so much size 18/20 stuff down to the charity shop recently that I'm sure would have come in handy for someone else who's on their way down but not wanting to have to spend loads just to slim out of it again

Zxx

I think there is a thread in the off topic forum about clothes swap... Might be worth a look x

I'm sure there is a clothes exchange in the off topic forum - or somewhere down the bottom of the list of SW forums anyway.

Ohh hello lovely peeps.. thanks for visting!:wavey:

I think its so easy to slip up with syns isn't it... Alpen bars are my other big slip up - I was eating all the different flavours for ages before i realised some of them weren't "lights":doh:

Hi Minus, i'll pop along and have a look at your diary.. I do have diary OCD though - I have to read right from the start so I may be some time :D Well done for completing your first set of targets.. I'm about two weeks behind your start date so I best try and keep on track with you.. i'm always a bit behind the times!

Mini mum, i have to have a sense of humour with my cooking! I'm not even allowed to make toast.. i burn it every time!! :eek: i'm easily distracted.. t'isnt my fault.:D

Well i have to admit i've gone over syns today. I made a cake for a lady at work today and I can't deliver them without testing just incase they taste nasty :rolleyes: so i've had a very small bit with fudge choc frosting.. and a bit of chocolate. :eek: Positive spin.. I didn't eat the whole cake! :woohoo:

Right well i'm off to make my lunch for tomorrow and i'll post my food plan up then.. i think i may do extra easy! 'citing!

Ohh was typing when you were saying about the clothes exchange.. may have a look at that at some point. Trust me though my old 18/20 clothes are very old and tatty.. no one would want them!

Maybe when i un-grow into my 16's i can put them on there...

Night all x

Back